PDA

View Full Version : Think Elvis might have to go back to my dads :(

Elvisisboss
19-11-2008, 05:20 AM
well, i know he hasn't been here long but its all gone rather downhill fast :(

his attacked Tay twice now, and not just threatened, i mean run past me and attacked poor Tay run for his life & got caught up in a hooded basket so he was trapped he cut his paw somehow, maybe it was Elvis striking him, i dunno?

then they run past me into the kitchen, too quick for me to grab either of them :roll: then Tay was pushed up against the bin and with Elvis, who is over Double his size & more than double his weight just right over him, i was like 'oh for god sake'! getting the hump as Ive been running round all day and im flipping tired with the hump!

Elvis went outside the kitchen guarded it waiting for him to come out!!! just grooming himself & waiting! i was like 'ELVIS!' and he just 'meow?' 'who me? what did i do?' look :roll:

so i put him on the stairs & had to pick a trembling Tay up who was now scared of me as i smell of Elvis, once he knew it was me he let me pick him up and then Elvis see him and started again!

i was like 'oh for god sake! his your step-brother!' :roll: :lol: :roll:

i put Tay down checked him over & went to see Elvis he gave me a a huge dirty look and ran away :( refused to greet me, we ALWAYS rub faces when we greet and he just run off and his now under the bed, Again. :roll:

Tay was going mental meowing for me, wont let me leave the room now he wont even go upstairs as that is 'Elvis' territory' Elvis wont come downstairs, even if brought will hold onto the banisters with his claws and cry like his going to meet a pack of dogs! :roll:

i thought it was going well, aswell!!! wow how half a day can turn things round!

i don't think it was the best idea bringing him here, i think it would be different bringing a kitten into the household, but im now bringing my 11yr old cat who i haven't lived with for 3/4years, into a 6 month old kittens home. :roll:

Elvis refuses to poo, now for a cat who gets blocked up & is having 2ml of laxative a day...isnt good!!!

ah dear, i want to say 'at least i tried' but i dont feel like that i feel like i wish i didnt as its just disrupted them even more than needed :( i hope my dad will take him back :( he was a million times happier and better off there were he grew up :( he bit me aswell :( think he just had enough but it really her and i cried out and that frightened him and he run off :roll:

sorry this post was so long

Tina
19-11-2008, 12:15 PM
Aaaawwww I'm so sorry moving Elvis home with you isn't working out :-(

How long has it been since you brought Elvis home? The cat fights can seem very violent and scary, I know! But they're often not as bad as they seem and sound and usually will eventually calm down once they've both worked out the pecking order and so on.

I understand how you need to be extra careful about upsetting Elvis, what with his health problems. And if he'd be happier going back to your dad's (and Tay would likely be happier too) then you must do what you think is best for them. Good luck with whatever you decide, and sorry it isn't working out as well as you had hoped!

Elvisisboss
19-11-2008, 04:03 PM
hiya, well i am going to give it a few more days, i just know that Elvis doesn't like other cats full stop, his been in SO many fights, he even attacked a fox, who come off worse off!!!! he seems more 'wild cat' in personality to be honest!!

things looked a little better this morning, due to my illness i get run down quite quickly and its really taken its toll on me running round every 5 mins to make sure both of them are getting attention/food/drink/litter changes etc

Elvis finally went to the loo, he actually came downstairs & went in Tays box in front of Tay he was watching him!! no idea why he did that its a enclosed box but he has one upstairs that he prefers, maybe saying 'this is my place' i dunno!!

he seemed to listen to me today i shouted ELVIS! as he went for Tay again, who all Tay does he run off and hide, and Elvis i think somehow knew that i was going to protect Tay and he just looked at me like 'you like that cat eh?!'

and he stopped in his tracks! so lucky that didn't snowball!

i know that most cats fights aren't bad, but Elvis his a big cat and when he fights..........he fights! his been in vet/hospital a few times due to cat fights, he even had a hole in his head!! that was from the fox!

the other cats always come off worse off though, maybe due to his size i dunno?

another day today, Ive left the door open, although he wont come out from under the bed, TAy just want to play & investigate, which is a shame really as I don't want him to become frightened of other cats!

calismum
19-11-2008, 08:42 PM
Sorry this is not been so god so far.

It will take longer than 3 days for them to settle, Did you not manage to keep them apart?. I reckon you'll need to allow 2 weeks. At least you know Elvis will use the tray.

It may be at the end of two weeks they' ll be best pals or agree to ignore each other. It can take time and sound v scarey.

Alfie is still a bit fed up with Kinsi and we've had her 9 weeks!!!!

Good luck and hope it works out well - just don't give in too soon.

Elvisisboss
19-11-2008, 09:39 PM
hiya no i know, its just so stressful at the start you fee like rubbish and im soo worn out!!

we are giving it longer, i think i just needed to rant!

had more stand offs and chasing!! Elvis came downstairs off his own accord and used the litter tray downstairs! then ate some of my food! lol!

i have kept them apart but for some reason my cats, this i never knew can open ALL the doors in my house?! and these me thinking they are just cats! not Houdini's!!

Elvis KNEW TAy was in the kitchen....he goes up to the door opens it to go for him!

Tay is downstairs and Elvis is upstairs, Tay wont come up here anymore & Elvis manged to come downstairs of his own accord once (today!)
he finally went to the loo today, i think that was worrying me alot as i didn't want him getting blocked up, he went downstairs in Tays tray again and not his one! doesn't want to 'get his dirty' !! i guess!!

just see how it goes! just i guess sometims you feel like just saying 'i cant be bothered' then as time goes on you forget how you feel! so for now he isn't going back!! just needed to rant, didn't realize how hard it would be! i just don't want them to fight, i don't like seeing Tay frightened :( his just a kitten he only wants to play! but i guess t hat Elvis doesn't know that or something!

Tina
20-11-2008, 12:22 AM
It's a long hard struggle but things may work out in the end......give it some time.

When we brought our Mousie home last summer (she was 9 weeks), our older cat, Miw, absolutely HATED her! She hid for several days, and then she fought, hissed, bit, scratched at the kitten whenever she had the chance! She hates other cats as well. After several weeks she finally began to tolerate Mousie......but she STILL has days when she'll start a fight just because she can! They're not "buddy-buddy" cats, they don't sleep together or sit together often, but now and then they'll accept being within a few feet of each other......and they do now play together quite a bit. Funny you mentioned Elvis using Tay's litter box! We had 2 separate boxes when we got Mousie, and Miw REFUSED to use her own box as well! They both use the same one now, there was no point in having two......so don't be surprised if Elvis decides he's only going to use Tay's box.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I understand what you're going through......and this could still work out very well for Tay and Elvis.......they just need time.

Good luck!!

Elvisisboss
20-11-2008, 02:10 AM
aww thanks for that! Elvis will use his own box to wee in... but sometimes like to wee in Tays...and only poop in TAys!!

i knew it would be hard but keeping them apart then running after them, its like having kids!! :lol:

it is nice to hear others stories to see how theres have gone!

the dog i was getting in April is now on the back burner :( may have to leave it a Long time now, but thats life i guess!

glad to hear that your situation has turned out quite good really!!

sounds like Elvis, fights cos he CAN really his always squaring up to cats, i dunno where he got this behavior from, i mean i know he wasn't brought up with other cats but they live around him, the only cat who was ever his friend was a GIANT black cat who use to boss him about like no ones business! maybe thats what he needs!!

Elaine
20-11-2008, 10:38 AM
http://www.piftails.com/introducingnewcat.html

Introductions should be slow and gradual as its a very stressfull situation for all involved. Now i know many disagree with me on this and have had very little problem introducing cats but beleive me, we went though 6 months of introductions because Eva was very stressed and intolerant.
You may also have to face the fact that its all too much for poor old Elvis. And for Tay too being attacked in his own home cannot be pleasant.
If you decide to continue, please take it slowly.

Elvisisboss
20-11-2008, 04:36 PM
hiya, well its actually been better today, i think that Elvis is taking it in his stride and that Tay is being a bit of a sod!!!

he keeps pushing his luck!

Elvis has been out and about and he LOVED it!! :D he climbed a tree weed all up a plant!! dug a hole!! :lol: :lol:
he was just like a lion showing his territory it was great to watch!!! :D

that has made him alot more happy & they actually walked into the kitchen together and sat down behind me :shock: :D both meowing for food!!!

and they both just came in the bedroom together! and Elvis has actually left the bed & gone in his basket on the landing! :D

Tay is on the stairs & they are both falling asleep!

the 'air' is alot calmer today maybe because i am less stressed to! its only been 5days now so hopefully ill see more improvement in 50days! :D

Elaine
20-11-2008, 05:38 PM
That all sounds more promising;)

Elvisisboss
20-11-2008, 05:49 PM
yah thanks! still very early days, and Tay is a kitten so i guess his going to be more of a sod! were all in the bedroom again together, Elvis went out again earlyer, just for a wee then back in! at least i have a nice clean litter box here now!! :lol:

Tay hasnt bee as playful but his getting his voice back now and making his usual noises! hopefully hell just be a kitten again!

still very weird both of them here but im sure in 6 weeks time ill be like 'how did i ever not have them both'!! :D

random
20-11-2008, 09:40 PM
I think Ani was about 3 or 4 months when the others started to stop swatting at him altogether. He is 7 months now and is still separate from them unless supervised as one of the girls is still intact and he is still intact, although his appointment is in a wee while bless him. Then he will be free to go and mix when he likes. They all get on fine now but it did take a while, especially with the other boys to accept him properly.

random
20-11-2008, 09:43 PM
Also my old girl Tabs took about 6-8 months to accept the kittens, she was a grumpy old sod when she wanted to be too. Got there in the end though! Just hang in there. x

Elvisisboss
20-11-2008, 10:27 PM
aww thanks!! Tay just keeps following him around & copying him, Elvis does his claws on the sofa... Tay does his claws, Elvis has a stretch.... Tay has a stretch Elvis yawns.... Tay yawns!!!! :lol:

Tay run out the back door today too cos Elvis went out! got him back in though!!! not too sure if i want him going out, his too tiny, Elvis on the other hand can take care of himself!