PDA

View Full Version : Poor Balie

yola
17-11-2008, 11:35 PM
He's got the runs again. Not smelly or even messy (on him) but very mucousy :( His litter tray in our bedroom was full, he's obviouly squirted it everywhere. He then went on the hearth (thankfully marble and easily cleanable). He'd also been sick (mainly furball) and his eyes were all gunky and stuck together.

I've sorted him out; he's had lots to drink and is now back upstairs having more sleeps.

I'm beginning to worry about my little old chap. Let's hope it's just a bug (again) but I really can't explain what it might be other than that :(

Moli
17-11-2008, 11:36 PM
Poor baby, hope he picks up soon Yola, give him a huge snuggle from me...x

angieh
17-11-2008, 11:44 PM
Poor Balie - could it be IBS? Hope he feels better soon. Gentle cuddles to him.

Mags
17-11-2008, 11:47 PM
I hope he feels better soon Yola......

dandysmom
17-11-2008, 11:49 PM
So sorry to hear Bailie's poorly. He must be so uncomfortable, and you so worried; hugs and a cuddle respectively. Hope he's better in the morning.

candyshandy
17-11-2008, 11:51 PM
Sorry to hear Bailie is feeling poorly. Perhaps a bland diet for a few days would help settle his tummy?

xx

Elaine
18-11-2008, 10:05 AM
Poor baby, hope he feels better soon xxx

dinahsmum
18-11-2008, 10:09 AM
Poor boy
Hope a good night's sleep sees him well on the way to a full recovery.
(Mucous ?= pancreas issues? Not that I know anything - just that it did with a dog we had)

PoshPuss
18-11-2008, 10:15 AM
awww poor Balie :( hope he's better soon.
Mucusy stools are a human symptom of IBS I know that coz OH suffers. Sounds like Balie has a big dose of whatever tho coz his eyes are mucky too. Very much out of sorts isn't he? How old is he Yola?

yola
18-11-2008, 10:34 AM
PP - he's 11 1/2 which is a getting on a bit for a Persian. He's never had tummy problems apart from when he was a little kitten and swapping him from wet to dry food did the trick there. They have all been having a bowl of chicken or fish each day since their last bout of tummy trubs (shared, not each :shock: ) with their biscuits reduced to a single bowl - again to share between them.

Balie seemed a bit better this morning, a little subdued and groggy but nothing else untoward. He spent the whole night on the bed snuggled against me - at one point when I had to get up to Sebi I had the fright of my life as I was convinced he wasn't breathing and I couldn't wake him up. But he was just in a very deep sleep . . . phew.

I will do some research on the pancreas issues DM - thanks for that.