PDA

View Full Version : I'm furious!!!

Natalie
17-11-2008, 09:17 PM
A work friend of mine 2 weeks ago got 2 cats from the RSPCA. She had lost her cat of 14 years the month before. These 2 cats are brother and sister and are about 18 months old. She let them out after a week :o and this weekend, her children were with their father (they are seperated) so she stayed with her new b/f and left the cats to their own devices with food, a littler tray and a cat flap. She left on friday and returned yesterday to find one of them is missing and the other one is fretting :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I am so so so so furious with her. Her reason for doing this was that "well I work nights anyway so they are used to me being away all night" erm no it's not the same in the slightest.

I cant believe how idiotic, selfish and downright stupid she has been and the only ones suffering are both cats and her children who are only young.

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

angieh
17-11-2008, 09:21 PM
Really behaviour beyond belief Matron. Poor cats, poor children. Do hope the missing cat does manage to find its way back.

HappyKatz
17-11-2008, 09:24 PM
Thats not good at all :( I hope that the one cat finds its way home *crossing fingers*
Those dear kitties deserve much better treatment then that...

Moli
17-11-2008, 09:28 PM
I can hardly believe how stupid this person is....Poor cats.....

Phoenix
17-11-2008, 09:29 PM
A WEEK??? Did I read you right? :shock:

A week is FAR too short a time! Dylan's been with us for two weeks tomorrow and WE haven't let him out just like that! :evil:

Natalie
17-11-2008, 09:33 PM
I cant either.......I want to shake her so hard :cat13

These cats deserved a second chance at a forever home and now she has blown it completely.

She isnt a friend anymore. Those poor poor cats. Im praying as he is microchipped that he will be found and reunited with his sister.

Phoenix
17-11-2008, 09:35 PM
I cant either.......I want to shake her so hard :cat13

These cats deserved a second chance at a forever home and now she has blown it completely.

She isnt a friend anymore. Those poor poor cats. Im praying as he is microchipped that he will be found and reunited with his sister.

If that's her attitude the RSPCA should take the cats back again! BOTH of them! :evil:

meep
17-11-2008, 09:36 PM
Oh no that's so horrible :( I do hope the boy puss shows up soon and she either decides they're not for her and give them back to RSPCA, and they find a proper forever home, or she learns her lesson well and changes for the better.

kado
17-11-2008, 09:49 PM
I wouldnt want to be her friend either. Stupid prat. I wont even let Chester and Troy out and they are 8 months

jane

Natalie
17-11-2008, 09:54 PM
I fully agree

I have let Welsh Merlin out but only when supervised and he does prefer to be inside with me. I would never let him use a cat flap independantly and to leave him all night outside?????

I dont get it :? :? :?

dandysmom
17-11-2008, 10:10 PM
That's horrible! What a stupid, stupid woman; I hope the little boy makes his way back home.... but I doubt if she's learned a thing....

yola
17-11-2008, 11:31 PM
People have very bad attitudes about cats. I hate this 'oh, they're independent and can look after themselves' thing. It's just an excuse for being a lazy (at best) and negligent (at worst) pet owner :evil:

She too would be an ex-friend of mine I'm afraid.

Moli
17-11-2008, 11:33 PM
Sounds like her previous cat had to look after himself, and she expected these two to do the same.....I would not give her a stuffed cat!!!

Elaine
18-11-2008, 10:01 AM
Bloody hell, I'd be mad too. Its always the animals/children who suffer over selfishness. I hope the missing kitty is ok.

Rosie
18-11-2008, 11:04 AM
Sorry about one of the cats disappearing but that apart I have to disagree with you.

I have myself and know many other people who have left their cats at home for the weekend with food. I know people who leave their cats at home when they go on holiday with someone coming in to feed them. I think the cats prefer the comfort of their own home to being stuck in a cattery for a fortnight. As regard to letting them out after a week that is debateable.

Sometimes I have to work through the night - my neighbours feed my animals and they are perfectly fine. I honestly don't see the problem with leaving your cat for a couple of days providing it has food and either sufficient cat litter or access to the outdoors.

alexgirl73
18-11-2008, 12:23 PM
I think the problem is Rosie that the cats have only been at the house for one week. Not time to have settled in and got to know the area. I too have left my kitties for the weekend, with their automatic feeder, and everything else they need. Although mine don't go outside. That's not what people are upset about (I don't think)

PoshPuss
18-11-2008, 02:26 PM
Seems this woman had other priorities in her life ( ie, a boyf) so she should evaluate her lifestyle and consider if having two cats was a whim that compensated for lack of her kids' dad around or a genuine desire to care for defensless animals. If the latter, for Gawd's sake get a grip girl, and stepup to the plate! If they were, as I suspect, a 'gift' to her kids then, sorry, but she should give them back to the shelter.
In the light of the missing cat though, maybe it'll shake her out of her self- centeredness. Please come home kitty :(
Just my opinion, hard as it is, I can't be doing with people seeing animals as 'props' for other problems.:evil:

Natalie
18-11-2008, 02:58 PM
The problem was that the cats are new, not settled in yet, don't know their names and no neighbours were feeding them so stale food left out.

I feel like reporting her to be honest back to the RSPCA but I know she will know its me and I have to work with her.

I hope the missing pussy has chosen himself his forever home and gets properly cared for like he so deserves.

God I'm still fuming!!!

Rosie
18-11-2008, 03:03 PM
I don't think having a "boyf" means you cannot care for an animal. If her previous cat lived until it was 16 I think that is a fair indication that she looked after it well. Sorry but I think you are a little too judgemental.

Natalie
18-11-2008, 04:18 PM
[QUOTE=Rosie;520825]I don't think having a "boyf" means you cannot care for an animal.

I dont either but you just dont leave your animals especially when they have only been with you for 14 days alone for the weekend??? Not even fresh food or water daily. If she had her priorities then the b/f could have stayed at hers.

Elaine
18-11-2008, 05:01 PM
[quote=Rosie;520825]I don't think having a "boyf" means you cannot care for an animal.

I dont either but you just dont leave your animals especially when they have only been with you for 14 days alone for the weekend??? Not even fresh food or water daily. If she had her priorities then the b/f could have stayed at hers.

I have to agree with Matron on this one. If i had to leave my cats for any length of time, I would arrange for some one to be either looking in on them and feeding them or staying over with them. And I wouldnt want them to be let out doors either. As a pet sitter, the cats i have looked after were either indoor or had their outdoor access removed for the duration of the owners holiday as the last thing I want is to be responsible for some one elses cat to go missing under my care.

PoshPuss
18-11-2008, 07:56 PM
Yes, I was being judgemental Rosie, as I said, in my opinion this woman had made a wrong judgement call. It's ok to have a boyfriend/social life/work commitment but she has a responsibility to those cats too.
I think we all speak freely on this forum. I'm giving my mate Matron a 'hear,hear' to her feelings, ;) because I happen to agree with them.
No offence intended.

dandysmom
18-11-2008, 08:53 PM
Yes, I was being judgemental Rosie, as I said, in my opinion this woman had made a wrong judgement call. It's ok to have a boyfriend/social life/work commitment but she has a responsibility to those cats too.
I think we all speak freely on this forum. I'm giving my mate Matron a 'hear,hear' to her feelings, ;) because I happen to agree with them.
No offence intended.

As do I ......

Phoenix
18-11-2008, 08:55 PM
Same here! Cats can't be expected to get themselves food out of a tin or packet and water out the tap! After one week they will still want to try to find their way back to where they used to live! :evil:

Jasmine
18-11-2008, 09:12 PM
I think that is awful - when I had China from the CP in July I kept him in the house for 3 weeks, then 3 weeks in the garden with a harness before I let him out by himself - I feel the did not check her out properly or she told a pack of lies

Phoenix
18-11-2008, 09:19 PM
I think that is awful - when I had China from the CP in July I kept him in the house for 3 weeks, then 3 weeks in the garden with a harness before I let him out by himself - I feel the did not check her out properly or she told a pack of lies

I think that is awful - when I had Chino from the CP in July I kept him in the house for 3 weeks, then 3 weeks outside on a harness before I let him out by himself - I feel the RSPCA did not check her out properly or else she told a pack of lies

You do realise you've posted the same message twice Jasmine?

Natalie
19-11-2008, 08:15 AM
Apparently he has come home late last night. Starving but safe.

I hope she learns through her mistake but realistically I doubt it.

Friends no more I'm afraid. I shall tolerate her at work however

I'm still furious with her and I know those poor kitties are going to be left again. What do I do???????? :-(

dinahsmum
19-11-2008, 09:42 AM
Good!
Maybe she has learnt?
Maybe she will get one of those automatic feeders for future weekends away?

dandysmom
19-11-2008, 05:21 PM
Glad he's returned; wonder if she's learned a lesson or will continue in her ways......

kim-marie
19-11-2008, 05:33 PM
Thats not nice for them poor cats,how could anybody do that. So irresponsable of her. I only hope they find the missing cat and the other one is ok,poor little things.

Elaine
19-11-2008, 05:33 PM
So pleased to hear that the kitty returned safe and well.

kim-marie
19-11-2008, 05:34 PM
soz didnt read the message that he had been found,thank goodness for that,lets hope she learns her lesson now

Phoenix
19-11-2008, 08:48 PM
Thank God that poor kitty has returned! If she can't look after them properly she should return them to the charity where they will have the chance once again for a loving home where they will actually be CARED for!