PDA

View Full Version : Liquivite Liquid Food for Cats

angieh
17-11-2008, 12:34 PM
Has anyone every tried this product, or heard anything about it? I know that it is probably mainly used for sick and convalescent cats, but could it help with Merlin when he won't eat any solids? Is it the answer to my prayers???

http://www.vetuk.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2342

dinahsmum
17-11-2008, 12:38 PM
Looks like it might be, doesn't it?
(Get the small cans - you won't waste as much!)
You're pretty much in uncharted territory with Merlin aren't you? Apart from times when you know he needs professional help (or prescription drugs only your vet can supply), you are the best carer he has and you know his needs better than anybody.
Give it a try - meat, eggs, skim milk are the only ingredients listed, so how can it do any harm?

PS - I rate VetUK highly. Never had any trouble with them; always had good, efficient service

tilly
17-11-2008, 12:56 PM
I used it when buster broke his jaw. He didn't like it very much. But he would eat it and I think it is very good. He seemed to like gourmet gold pate mixed with warm water to make a mush. Also have you tried hills a/d as this will also make a liquid mush. I also use gormet food when he had a bad throat infection and woldn't eat solid food.
Hope this helps

Sally

Elvisisboss
17-11-2008, 05:15 PM
oooo this sounds good as i ahve to add water to all of Elvis food this looks like i tmight be more nutritionist that doing that!

let me know how you get on, i dont think it looks to bad at all! :D

dandysmom
17-11-2008, 05:45 PM
That looks very interesting, Angie; might be worth getting a few of the smaller tins and see how it goes. Maybe he'll love it....

Elaine
17-11-2008, 06:20 PM
Havent used it personally but I know Diddydawn uses it as well as Cimicat milk for sickly kittens and cats.

Kay
17-11-2008, 06:21 PM
I have used it in the past with kittens that won't get the hang of eating and when one of mine was of their food. I don't think they liked it that much but it did get eaten.

pinklizzy
17-11-2008, 07:57 PM
We use it for tube feeding etc and sometimes for very unwell animals but I think they seem to prefer the convalescence support which is a powder form and can be mixed to the preferred consistency.
I've even mixed it with pureed tuna to tempt a cat with a jaw fracture! Liquid feeds are very useful as they can be easily warmed up and easily eaten.

meep
17-11-2008, 08:00 PM
Looks very promising, hopefully it might provide some relief for you and Merlin! Let us know you get on Angie.

angieh
17-11-2008, 09:27 PM
We use it for tube feeding etc and sometimes for very unwell animals but I think they seem to prefer the convalescence support which is a powder form and can be mixed to the preferred consistency.
I've even mixed it with pureed tuna to tempt a cat with a jaw fracture! Liquid feeds are very useful as they can be easily warmed up and easily eaten.

Is this something available to the public PL? Could you let me have details? Before I go off ordering something that Merlin probably won't eat anyway!