PDA

View Full Version : Do you let your cats sleep on the bed?

Phoenix
16-11-2008, 09:14 PM
I let Dylan have the oppertunity to sleep on the bed (he doesn't always want to but that's up to him)

Does anyone else willingly let their cat/s sleep on the bed?

I used to allow Beauty to sleep on the bed as well (she wouldn't stay on the bed all night, maybe it hurt her arthritis after a while?)

CathyW
16-11-2008, 09:38 PM
reggie streches out flat on his back next to me.he likes his tummy tickles and nipple tickles. but 1 night i was asleep sort of and was happly tickiling what i thought was a nipple (it wasnt LOL) and when i put the light on reggie was laying there winking at me with 1 fang out ROFL

dandysmom
16-11-2008, 10:01 PM
All of my seven over the years have slept in the bed with me.

charlilou
16-11-2008, 11:18 PM
In my case the cats let ME sleep on the bed.
Tinkebell is usually under it or on her radiator bed but Meeko is always on my bed.

Tina
16-11-2008, 11:59 PM
I'm with Charlilou on this one, the cats let ME sleep in the bed! Although there have been many occasions when the cats have spread themselves out on the bed just enough that my OH has had to sleep in the spare room.......he hates to move them or disturb them when they're sleeping comfortably LOL!

cats' staff
17-11-2008, 12:05 AM
In my case the cats let ME sleep on the bed.

It's not just me then! If we disturb them too much trying to get a bit of the duvet I swear I can hear a cat 'tut'

dandysmom
17-11-2008, 12:39 AM
And I'm sure yours do this too...when you get up to go to the loo they grab the warm spot!!!

MrsH
17-11-2008, 01:24 AM
I'm probably one of the few who don't have the cats on the bed. There are various reasons (none of them related to hygiene, although with previous cats we ended up with fleas in the bed!!) I'm a light sleeper with a troubled sleep pattern mainly because of my rheumatoid arthritis and the slightest thing disturbs me, having cats on the bed would mean very little sleep for me I'm afraid. Also we have a lot of decorative dressing table glassware inherited from my mother, I can't risk the cats knocking any of it over so the bedroom is out of bounds I'm afraid.

Rosie
17-11-2008, 03:28 PM
Oh yes - Holly lurcher on one side of the bed (I live alone) and then Rosie and Alfie have to fight it out for who gets the other side. Both of them as well as Holly is not an option as I wouldn't be able to turn over or move my legs:)

Regarding fleas - I have thought about this, particularly in the summer but I do hoover the bed regularly and spray it with an appropriate flea spray thing for household use. Then I leave the windows wide open and hoover it again.

yola
17-11-2008, 04:28 PM
Definitely! Myshka regularly sleeps on my pillow above my head and Balie on my legs/ankles. Turning over is a delicate operation as to dislodge a cat would mean a major bout of the sulks.

Fifi only rarely ventures onto the bed . . . when it's very, very cold. Although now that she's a lot stiffer she finds jumping up difficult.

angieh
17-11-2008, 04:33 PM
Oh yes - as he has got older Merlin nearly always sleeps on our bed, though not always for the whole night. He didn't used to as a young cat though. Not sure when he started - probably as he needed the warmth more. He has a cat blanket at the bottom of the bed and generally sleeps there, or maybe on my feet, legs, knees, thighs or hips. I particularly like it when he curls up behind my knees - that is very comfy, but he doesn't do that very often!

I love the sound of a man who will sleep in the spare bed so as not to disturb sleeping cats - that's a complete softie of a man!

farthing
17-11-2008, 07:11 PM
Yes, all but Tabatha have the option to sleep on the bed. We have a king sized bed and even then it isn't big enough for us all!:lol:
And we only got it so there would be space for everybody.

HappyKatz
17-11-2008, 07:33 PM
Our cats have all day to sleep on our bed. We have tried to let them nap with us at night but they are just too hyper. They have plenty of warm cozy places to snuggle up in. We love seeing their cute little faces when we open the door in the morning - They are the purrfect fuzzy greeting! :cat10 They bring smiles to our faces every morning :-D

CathyW
17-11-2008, 10:20 PM
on a few occasions when charlie has fallen asleep on the sofa. i end up with the boys sleeping on his side of the bed. and they get most put out when he comes into bed.

daveyjones
19-11-2008, 10:33 PM
mitzy always on bed till i go to bed then when i wake up she is there bless her

calismum
19-11-2008, 10:53 PM
Alfie has always slept on his blsnket at our feet. SOmetimes he goes thru' to the coal fire or the aga.

Kinsi sleeps on the pillow beside me and snuggle under the duvet if it is cold. She purrs and chin bumps me until she is asleep. If I move her in the night she just gives wee kitten moans and snuggles back in. OH is quite restless so she sticks by me.

Cali sleeps of floor at foot of bed at the radiator.

Tina
20-11-2008, 12:44 AM
Oh yes - as he has got older Merlin nearly always sleeps on our bed, though not always for the whole night. He didn't used to as a young cat though. Not sure when he started - probably as he needed the warmth more. He has a cat blanket at the bottom of the bed and generally sleeps there, or maybe on my feet, legs, knees, thighs or hips. I particularly like it when he curls up behind my knees - that is very comfy, but he doesn't do that very often!

I love the sound of a man who will sleep in the spare bed so as not to disturb sleeping cats - that's a complete softie of a man!

Yep, my OH is very much a softie when it comes to the cats, he spoils them absolutely rotten......and they KNOW it LOL! He also will sleep all night on his back (which causes him severe pain the next day) if Miw decides she's going to spend the night on his chest. And if she decides she wants to sleep under the duvet, he'll sleep with his knees drawn up all night so she can sleep under them LOL! Miw frequently spends the night on his chest, periodically waking up throughout the night to kiss him or nuzzle him, or give him a quick wash LOL I tell him it's because he snores and she thinks he's purring! He's a bit of a cat-lover........more than a bit!

cats' staff
20-11-2008, 09:47 PM
And I'm sure yours do this too...when you get up to go to the loo they grab the warm spot!!!

Actually I swear on cold winter nights Smudge kneads the bladder area just to get me to move so she can nick the warm spot.... how does she know? Do they have human anatomy lessons as kittens?

Tina
23-11-2008, 12:53 AM
Actually I swear on cold winter nights Smudge kneads the bladder area just to get me to move so she can nick the warm spot.... how does she know? Do they have human anatomy lessons as kittens?

Miw does that too LOL! Here she is after nicking the warm spot.....OH was her accomplice and even covered her up!

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn171/tlhobbs70/Miw-1.jpg

dandysmom
23-11-2008, 03:05 AM
What a lovely pic of Miw!

Elvisisboss
23-11-2008, 04:59 AM
Tay wont go on the bed if i lay on it with him...he jumps off!!

Elvis used to, he Did get into bed with me last night which really made my night :D
i gave him a bug hug & fell to sleep like that, he wasnt there when i got up though, prob kept moving & that annoys him!

but i dont mind it at all, i think its different with cats than dogs, i would not let a dog sleep on my bed, due to what i read that dogs dream the same as us and can have nightmares & wake up and not know where they are and attack you (this was a story of a lady i see on tv) i wouldnt do it anyway as i think dogs belong on the floor! not in my bed!

but cats.......well they rule...dogs drool! :lol: D

CathyW
23-11-2008, 11:23 AM
the past 2 nights my OH has slept on the sofa bed (booze n snoring) and reggie has decided that he is going to sleep on OHs pillow. he was so comfy looking. talk about trying to move in on me LOL.