PDA

View Full Version : Sorry

Natalie
16-11-2008, 10:11 AM
For going AWOL for the past week.

It's been an odd week to say the least. Still not heard any news regarding my job interview which was 10 days ago now so s*d them. Least they could have done was let me know. How rude!

I somehow as well as Millie have caught Ringworm :o :oops: :?

I have checked over the cats and dog but they appear to be fine and it's just me and Millie that's been affected. Millie only has a couple of spots but I have patches on my arm, chest, leg and right by my right eye. Plastering the Clotrimazole cream on regularly but it's taking ages to shift and as a consequence Occupational Health at work wont let me back to work until all lesions have cleared. The itching is driving my mad. I'm constantly washing, bleaching etc and the washing/dryer is permanently on constant.

Had some issues with work over our Christmas night out and lets just say I'm not being the social event organiser ever again. It's ended up with me organising 2 nights as our first one got double booked and then on my day off someone booked somewhere else on a different night where I cannot go. Therefore I have ended up not having a Christmas party to go to at all :cry:

Onto my new addition Welsh Merlin. What a total star he is. He adores jumping in the shower, drinking from the toilet, chasing the fish in the tank, following me around and just being wonderful. I let him out for the first time on Friday morning and he found his way home no problem PHEW. He is not keen on the wet weather this morning but is happy to be with us in the house. He will even sleep with Belle on our bed. Belle has got an eye infection i think so off to the vets tomorrow but must make sure im all covered all and wearing my balaclava :oops: :oops: :oops:

Do you think I could have caught it from A) a water plant spray? or B) from the vets? There is nobody in school for Millie to bring it home and Poppy is clear. Andrew has one patch where I have given him a cuddle around his waist :lol: :lol: :lol:

Missed you and big hugs and get well wishes to all those pussies and people who are in need.

Nat x

Elaine
16-11-2008, 10:29 AM
Bloody hell:shock: what a week you've had. I am so sorry to hear about the ring worm, not pleasant. Hope it clears up v ery very soon. xxx

Phoenix
16-11-2008, 10:49 AM
Elaine is right! What a week! :shock:

Good luck with getting rid of the ringworm :shock:

dinahsmum
16-11-2008, 11:33 AM
Hello - wondered what we had said to offend you but I think your 'absence note' covers that OK!
The job - well, if they're too stupid to recognise what you would bring to the place, then they don't deserve you - there'll be a better opportunity along later.
xmas anything - Bah, humbug. Unless there are children involved, and they can enjoy the simple pleasure without spending £££s, or unless you are seriously spiritual and that day holds a very particular place in your life, I think we should give it up. It causes so much stress ans unhappiness I really wonder if it is compensated by the plusses.
Enough from Mrs Scrooge!
Good luck with the ringworm treatment - hope you're all fine soon and that you spot the source. You may not though - I think I remember my vet telling me it can just 'exist' say in the garden, and if you're unfortunate you come across it and it takes hold. Bah, again.
Cuddles for Merlin-boyo

angieh
16-11-2008, 12:55 PM
Very sorry to hear about all your trials and tribulations Matron. Hope you manage to get rid of that nasty ringworm.

Southern Merlin sends purrrrrs to Welsh Merlin.

meep
16-11-2008, 01:03 PM
So sorry to hear about your week Matron, karma will have a simply wonderful week ahead for you, that will make this one a distant memory! Hope the ringworm clears soon, it must be so frustrating not knowing where it came from.

dandysmom
16-11-2008, 05:20 PM
What an awful week! Don't you just hate people who never bother responding after an interview?!! Sorry to hear about the ringworm; never had it thank God but it must be thoroughly miserable for you and Millie. And it was so good to hear that little Merlin has settled in so well...give him a chin-tickle! Hope you've used up this years quota of bad luck!

PoshPuss
16-11-2008, 06:06 PM
Hiya Nat,
What a week for you! The itching must be terrible, yuk, poor old you :(
As for the new job, if its the NHS then as you know the bureaucracy is sooooooooooo long winded, but you sound very fed up. Is the job much better than the one you have already? it would be a pity to miss out so hang in there a minute.
Glad Merlin-bach is putting a smile on your chops! :D
He sounds like a really cool cat :-D
have some time-out from work, also, the ringworm may be a sign that you are a bit run down :? so chillax a bit and enjoy your lively little blue bouncer!

calismum
16-11-2008, 06:27 PM
Hi, wondered where you had disappeared to!

You sound proper fed up with everything. Hope the itching cools down a bit and that you all feel better soon.

Merlin sounds as if he has decided to stay which is really nice for all.

Take care.

Natalie
16-11-2008, 07:56 PM
Thanks girls

The job is out of the NHS and into the private sector which is a major scare for me and wasn't sure if I wanted the job really but it would have been nice to have been told whether they were going to offer me the thing :evil:

As for Christmas, I LOVE christmas. I'm worse than the girls well Millie anyway. I'm awake from 4am pestering hubby to open my presents :oops: :oops: :oops: I worked last Christmas Morning and it was lovely to make those who are elderly and fail and wonderful day where most of them would have been home alone. We had a 90 something year old lady and she said it was the best christmas she had ever had :cry: :cry: :cry: but this time Milie is with me and not Bin laden (father) for Christmas eve/morning so this year it's my family who come first. I CANT WAIT and I'm cooking for all the family for the first time. Crack open the Sherry at 9am ;)

Ringworm seems to be over the worst however I think I have a new patch on my back :? :? :?