PDA

View Full Version : Going to start reducing Mousie's medication again on Saturday - fingers crossed!

Tina
13-11-2008, 01:45 AM
Hi All

Well, Mousie has very much enjoyed her 2 months of "vet-free" holiday, but the holiday is to end on Saturday and we'll be back to vet visits every 4 weeks for bloodwork! :-(

Saturday is the day that the vet has scheduled (as long as her blood levels are ok) to start trying to reduce her medication again. Hopefully it will go well this time......last time we tried to do it, she relapsed and we had to put the meds back up again. Unfortunately her dosages are too high to keep her on indefinately (or for any longer period of time) as the meds have already caused her white cell count to drop quite a bit. The plan s to have her medication-free by February or March at the latest.......but if she keeps relapsing, not sure what Plan B will be.

Fingers crossed my baby stays strong and manages the decrease in dose this time, she's such a good girl and has dealt well with her illness and the constant blood-taking.

She'd appreciate lots of hugs and purrs from all! :-)

Will keep you updated when we know if the decrease is working.

Tina

dandysmom
13-11-2008, 03:15 AM
Hugs and purrs coming from here, Tina! What a good little cat Mousie is!

angieh
13-11-2008, 03:24 PM
All sorts of good vibes and purrrrrs from Merlin and me. Dear Mousie - hope all goes well this time Tina.

Elaine
13-11-2008, 04:05 PM
All the very best to you both, keep strong Mousey xxx we are all behind you and wishing you a med free life xxxx

sammy
14-11-2008, 01:35 PM
Hugs and purrs to Mousie from me too, really hope all goes well.x

Mags
14-11-2008, 04:21 PM
All the best to you and Mousie, Tina ....... I hope all goes well for her...