PDA

View Full Version : tigger

Tink
12-11-2008, 10:00 PM
well we knew it was coming but his face is getting rather deformed know from the unoperable tumor.
yesterday i thought for a moment about having a bad feeling as he wasn't purriing anymore when i pet him and i couldn't tell if he was in pain or enjoying life.
he is eating though. and started his purrs last night so i think i jumped the gun.
you can see the tissue on the inner eye protruding and swollen now. not sure what else to do as the vet said this would happen as it grew and it'd be a judgement game of how much longer to go.
i have no opinion at the moment as sometimes he seems to get some joy, sometimes he doesn't.
i'd say pray for him but i don't want to be unfair either.
not going to make a decision yet, just venting and updating about his progress and will be watching carefully.
thanks for reading.

calismum
12-11-2008, 10:49 PM
I'm sure you'll give him all the love he needs and do the right thing for him.

Mags
12-11-2008, 10:51 PM
Enjoy his company as much as you can Tink, you will know when the time is right.... (((hugs)))

dandysmom
12-11-2008, 11:12 PM
It's so hard seeing them go downhill, isn't it. But you'll know when the right moment comes. And he's had a wonderful life with you since he came, full of love. Will be thinking of you and Tigger .....

angieh
12-11-2008, 11:15 PM
((((HUGS)))) for you both. May Gaia guide you.

meep
13-11-2008, 11:10 AM
I am thinking of you and Tigger Tink, it really can't be easy but from what you've posted so far I can tell you are in control of the situation, and are thinking rationally yet still full of love for Tigger. You will do the best thing for him, I am sure of it. Hugs to you and Tigger.

Tink
13-11-2008, 11:18 AM
thanks he's a bit talkative tonight so things like that make me think it'd be premature..but he has his bad moments too...very confusing which is why i'm not going to make a decision unless i am *sure*.
it's hard b/c it's all the things the vet told me to expect so it's not really like i can change the bad moments.
i'm okay though, really. just kinda been thinking about it in the back of my mind.

sammy
13-11-2008, 04:52 PM
Oh Tink, I really do feel for you on this one.........I was in a similar position with my darling Teddie. She had a tumour on her mouth which was removed once but unfortunately regrew. It was inoperable because of it's position on her jaw and, like you, we had to watch it grow and grow. I spent many months wondering how long we should leave her, it looked terrible, but she was still eating and happy. In the end I had to make the decision for my sanity as much as her relief.........it was beginning to tear me apart seeing her and knowing the day was coming soon. Even the day we called the vet out to have her PTS she sat on my chest purring away as I said goodbye :cry: It was awful, but I knew it was right, she had 20 happy years with us and it was time to let her go.

You will know when Tigger is ready.

Thinking of you and Tigger.xxx

Tink
13-11-2008, 10:27 PM
Oh Tink, I really do feel for you on this one.........I was in a similar position with my darling Teddie. She had a tumour on her mouth which was removed once but unfortunately regrew. It was inoperable because of it's position on her jaw and, like you, we had to watch it grow and grow. I spent many months wondering how long we should leave her, it looked terrible, but she was still eating and happy. In the end I had to make the decision for my sanity as much as her relief.........it was beginning to tear me apart seeing her and knowing the day was coming soon. Even the day we called the vet out to have her PTS she sat on my chest purring away as I said goodbye :cry: It was awful, but I knew it was right, she had 20 happy years with us and it was time to let her go.

You will know when Tigger is ready.

Thinking of you and Tigger.xxx

wow thank you for your reply! you have such a similar story, it is *so nice* to know and hear about someone else's experience like this. it truly did make me feel better, thank you.
it is very helpless feeling when you can't take them to the vet to make them comfortable (other than to be PTS). he is seventeen and in my mind that's old but not very old..in a way i wish he was the age teddie was so i'd feel better about these thoughts.
(the tumor is in his sinus cavity, too old to survive surgery and would remove part of his face even if they could so yeah..that's not an option)
was teddie on meds? tigger's just on pred to "slow down the tumor".
i also don't want to wait until it bursts and he dies like that. but how long till it bursts i don't know..
he is fighting me more everyday taking his pills, i sometimes wonder if he's telling me "no more" or then i could just be reaing into it what i feel like so that's not fair either.

Moli
13-11-2008, 10:29 PM
Thinking of you and Tigger...Hugs...xx

sammy
14-11-2008, 01:26 PM
wow thank you for your reply! you have such a similar story, it is *so nice* to know and hear about someone else's experience like this. it truly did make me feel better, thank you.
it is very helpless feeling when you can't take them to the vet to make them comfortable (other than to be PTS). he is seventeen and in my mind that's old but not very old..in a way i wish he was the age teddie was so i'd feel better about these thoughts.
(the tumor is in his sinus cavity, too old to survive surgery and would remove part of his face even if they could so yeah..that's not an option)
was teddie on meds? tigger's just on pred to "slow down the tumor".
i also don't want to wait until it bursts and he dies like that. but how long till it bursts i don't know..
he is fighting me more everyday taking his pills, i sometimes wonder if he's telling me "no more" or then i could just be reaing into it what i feel like so that's not fair either.

Hello Tink, I'm so glad my post was helpful to you........made it worth the tears that rolled down my cheeks as I was typing. It was five years ago, but God, I still miss that girl!

Teddie wasn't on any meds for the tumour, she was already on daily tablets for hyperthyroidism so maybe the vet felt that was enough for a cat of her age. I think you're experiencing things just like I did, changing my mind almost from one moment to the next depending on how she was behaving that particular day or even hour. One day I'd think she seemed a bit miserable, then the next day she'd be purring and even playing...........so very confusing. :?

Please feel free to PM me if you ever want to talk or ask me anything............even if it's just to vent to someone who's been there.

Love to you and Tigger.x