PDA

View Full Version : i stuck up for my shelter.

Tink
12-11-2008, 09:16 PM
someone posted this morning on craigslist complaining that the shelter i adopted monkey from (our only local shelter out here in the boonies) was terrible because they took a week to reply to her email about fostering and sent her adoption information.
she works, goes to school full time, and is up to 127 ferrets now and that shelter is NOT big by any means.
someone dumped a ferret in the mail slot at the post office in the middle of the night just last week! >:(
alot of people in this area buy on impulse. i literally stand guard at the pet store b/c i hear so much ignorance about ferrets as people are looking at them. and there are a lot of college kids that think "it's cool" then rehome them when it's time to go on winter break for example.
i just posted a reply sticking up for her. this poor woman doesn't need bad publicity. 127 ferrets? of course she is busy and might reply to y our email with her eyes crossed..and her sister tries to help her reply to emails too while she's at school or work making money. she does this all out of her own pocket.
so anyway, i hope my posting sticking up for her helps. i also emailed her saying sorry people suck.
i felt i just had to stick up for this woman, especially in this area and especially since she is the only shelter in this area taking all these kids in.
thanks for reading.

Phoenix
12-11-2008, 09:56 PM
someone posted this morning on craigslist complaining that the shelter i adopted monkey from (our only local shelter out here in the boonies) was terrible because they took a week to reply to her email about fostering and sent her adoption information.
she works, goes to school full time, and is up to 127 ferrets now and that shelter is NOT big by any means.
someone dumped a ferret in the mail slot at the post office in the middle of the night just last week! >:(
alot of people in this area buy on impulse. i literally stand guard at the pet store b/c i hear so much ignorance about ferrets as people are looking at them. and there are a lot of college kids that think "it's cool" then rehome them when it's time to go on winter break for example.
i just posted a reply sticking up for her. this poor woman doesn't need bad publicity. 127 ferrets? of course she is busy and might reply to y our email with her eyes crossed..and her sister tries to help her reply to emails too while she's at school or work making money. she does this all out of her own pocket.
so anyway, i hope my posting sticking up for her helps. i also emailed her saying sorry people suck.
i felt i just had to stick up for this woman, especially in this area and especially since she is the only shelter in this area taking all these kids in.
thanks for reading.

Good on you sticking up for her!

angieh
12-11-2008, 11:24 PM
Some people just don't have brains to think with before they post stuff complaining about others. Good for you Tink - that woman certainly doesn't need others whinging on with all the hard work she does.

dandysmom
12-11-2008, 11:26 PM
Bless you, Tink! That woman can't be having an easy time of it with all those little ones to care for! Too bad there aren't more people like you around......

calismum
12-11-2008, 11:47 PM
good for you tink. It is a real pain when folks just vent off on their own selfish wants without a thought for how it may affect others.

I'm sure she appreciates you sticking up for her.

Does she not even have voluntary help with cleaning cages or keeping up to date with enquiries etc. If not she deserves a medal, don't you think.

Wish there were more folks like it.