PDA

View Full Version : Sal - good news

Kazz
11-11-2008, 06:18 PM
Sal was spayed today.....and she is just fine lying in the living room as I speak....Bigh sigh of relief all round I am sure you can all undersand why I kept it quiet.... but she is fine.

angieh
11-11-2008, 06:21 PM
Quite understand Kazz - so glad all is well and Sal will soon be herself again.

Mags
11-11-2008, 06:23 PM
Wonderful news for you Kazz, I'm pleased it went well with Sal.

It must have been a very worrying day for you.......hugs to you and Sal...x

HappyKatz
11-11-2008, 06:26 PM
Thats great that Sal is spayed now :) Happy to hear she is doing well! :cat27

Kazz
11-11-2008, 06:27 PM
Thank you all.

kado
11-11-2008, 06:30 PM
Great news she is ok. Bet you are going to spoil her rotten tonight.

Donna
11-11-2008, 06:35 PM
Glad she is home safe and sound x

Kazz
11-11-2008, 06:44 PM
Great news she is ok. Bet you are going to spoil her rotten tonight.

Nope going to let her sleep......that should be more than enough.....plus I think she is spoilt a little every day

yola
11-11-2008, 07:23 PM
Karen, of course. Fully understand your reasons for not broadcasting the fact. I'm so pleased that Sal's fine. Look forward to seeing her smiley face on here soon :D

Annestaff
11-11-2008, 07:25 PM
Glad all went well Kazz :D

Moli
11-11-2008, 07:29 PM
Pleased it all went well Kazz

Kazz
11-11-2008, 07:59 PM
Thanks all very much.

Elaine
11-11-2008, 08:55 PM
Very pleased to hear that Sal is doing well after her op. Ofcourse we all understand why you didnt say anything xxx

alexgirl73
11-11-2008, 09:32 PM
so pleased she's ok Karen, ((hugs)) to you, 'cause I can imagine how worried you were x

smudgley
12-11-2008, 08:49 AM
Brilliant news Kazz :cool:

dinahsmum
12-11-2008, 10:33 AM
Wow that was brave of you Kazz. I haven't even been brave enough to raise the subject and ask if you still planned to get the op done.
Well done you for putting her future health first, above your own natural apprehension.
Well done to the vets too - I'm sure they put their professionalism to the fore and put other thoughts from their mind.
Now all you have to do is stop her jumping whilst she heals :roll:

Is her shoulder properly better?

Kazz
12-11-2008, 09:37 PM
Her shoulder is fine....although say "Awww Sallywalli How's your poorly shoulder and she needs a wheelchair to get across the room" say nothing and she's perfectly well.

She ate a fresh roast chicken fillet last night.....fine...slept all night as expected....had her painkillers this morning. Then had the other small chicken breast fillet about 11 and demanded her kong back apparently. When I felt better we went for a walk her idea she cried and cried by her lead so I broke and we went a stroll round the block.....came back and she's had skinless boneless cod grilled in a little butter.

Now she's asleep again, scar looks great she is great and jumping on my new sofa.........dogs eh. Back tomorrow night at 6.10 to get post op check then back next Thurs to have the stitches out.

If we carry on this way we will be fine....have to say we have made no mention to her of "Aww are you poorly"

Just taking it one step at a time, and treating it as normal which it is really.

Kazz
12-11-2008, 09:45 PM
Wow that was brave of you Kazz. I haven't even been brave enough to raise the subject and ask if you still planned to get the op done.
Well done you for putting her future health first, above your own natural apprehension.
Well done to the vets too - I'm sure they put their professionalism to the fore and put other thoughts from their mind.
Now all you have to do is stop her jumping whilst she heals :roll:

Is her shoulder properly better?

Awww Hilary, thats nice of you; but you should know me by now that anything thats best for them is what happens here.

The vets are superb, and I have nothing but praise for them.....I even asked for the same vet......*crazy?* maybe but I think not.
It was not their fault, and although the vet contacted me and said "I could have any vet" I said I would like you if you would like to do it if not I would perfectly understand......we had the same vet. :)

Sal is fine, and her health is paramount above any concerns of mine.....she comes first whatever the cost...to my mental health......;).............Stopping her jumping considering she is 6 next month....no chance. On lead walk till the stitches are out though she does not know that yet ;) But she'll survive that small blot in her happy world....and forgive and forget, because she is a good dog.

Elaine
12-11-2008, 09:52 PM
Bless that ever so good staffie girl xxxx

Mags
12-11-2008, 09:59 PM
So pleased to hear she is doing well, you and Sal have a special partnership Kazz...:D

Kazz
12-11-2008, 10:06 PM
So pleased to hear she is doing well, you and Sal have a special partnership Kazz...:D

Yeah she sneezes I get the cold....:roll: ....seriously though you should have seen the gauntlet of vet nurses and receptionists I have to run to get her out of there..............:roll:

angieh
12-11-2008, 10:34 PM
I'm really glad that she is doing so well and that you must be breathing a whole lot easier. Sounds as if she is being thoroughly spoilt - roast chicken indeed! Even if you aren't saying how poorly she is - bet she has already caught on!

borderdawn
13-11-2008, 11:54 AM
Great news Kazz!