PDA

View Full Version : New hutch is arriving in a couple of hours.

kado
11-11-2008, 03:09 PM
I decided against the hutch that i saw the other day. I was speaking to a woman yesterday in a waiting room about Rabbits, Guinea Pigs and Hamsters. She got her two hutches from Happy Hutch so i went to look today. I saw one which is realy made in thick timber, Double with ramp with a cover for the ramp hole as well. Comes with small feet and they are delivering it for £95 in total. The other one i saw was just made out of plywood and is realy cheap and nasty. My Son is on tender hooks as he cant wait for it to come as well. He is planning to get another log cabin tomorrow and more water bottles. I'm realy jealous of it my buunys would love it. I am now thinking of getting one for them as well. I brought some cage cleaner so i can properly clean the others out as well.

jane

Mags
11-11-2008, 03:29 PM
Did your rabbit eventually have her babies Jane?

kado
11-11-2008, 05:56 PM
Know, she wasnt pregnant at all which i was realy pleased about. I now think that buscuit is a female as well. A friend of mine who used to breed rabbits is going to check them out for me. If they are both females i am going to put them back together. I asked where i got the guinea pig hutch and they think they are female too. Other wise before i do i will take them too a vet to be sexed. The new hutch is brilliant it came 5 minutes after they said it would as well. Ive also got a feeling the guinea pigs are females has well.

Donna
11-11-2008, 06:01 PM
Know, she wasnt pregnant at all which i was realy pleased about. I now think that buscuit is a female as well. A friend of mine who used to breed rabbits is going to check them out for me. If they are both females i am going to put them back together. I asked where i got the guinea pig hutch and they think they are female too. Other wise before i do i will take them too a vet to be sexed. The new hutch is brilliant it came 5 minutes after they said it would as well. Ive also got a feeling the guinea pigs are females has well.

If they are female they will end up fighting unless they are spayed (plus 80% of unspayed females die from uterine cancer).

If they are not two females and are boy and girl then spaying and neutering will stop fights and also unwanted babies.

:D

kado
11-11-2008, 06:12 PM
I am planning to get the speyed just after christmas. Then i will introduce them back together gradualy. They can see each other at the moment as well.

jane

Donna
11-11-2008, 06:16 PM
I love seeing snuggly bunnies :D I now have two pairs of snuggly bunnies and they are great fun to watch.

Kazz
11-11-2008, 06:21 PM
Your new hutch sounds great. Sure they will love it.

kado
11-11-2008, 06:32 PM
It so good i want too get one for the bunny's. Its so thick and a lot bigger than there old one. I'm sure donna gave me there name when i first got the bunny's

Donna
11-11-2008, 06:34 PM
Happyhutch? Yeah I got one a few months back.... 6ft with run under.... its a good size for two medium bunnies... I am sure they will love living there together in the New Year!

kado
11-11-2008, 07:18 PM
I only went to the shop at 10 this morning and they said it could be delevired today. The man in there was very helpful. I saw some realy good hutches there ones with a realy tall run which you can stand up in. I think they are off realy good quality and well worth the money. I am lucky living where they are as i can looked what i get before i bought. Donna can rabbits eat courgettes?

Donna
12-11-2008, 09:52 AM
Just been looking on my rabbit forum and some people do feed courgettes... its the same with anything tho, try a tiny piece and see how their tummies are for a few days before giving again..

I have found a couple of safe veg lists as well for you:

http://www.petwebsite.com/rabbits/rabbit_fruit.htm

http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/GI_diseases/Food/feeding_en.pdf

kado
12-11-2008, 10:46 AM
Thanks Donna. When OH saw the new hutch she said we are getting one as soon as possible. I will proberley get a
5ft one. Also seen a run with a hutch which i am getting when it starts getting warmer