PDA

View Full Version : Wiggling bum!

Phoenix
10-11-2008, 09:58 PM
Dylan keeps wiggling his bum before pouncing on anything that looks remotely like a toy! :lol:

It's funny to watch! He'll crouch down staring at his toy, wiggle his bum about then pounce! :smt081

Any idea why he'll wiggle his bum before pouncing? :lol:

dandysmom
10-11-2008, 10:10 PM
Don't know, but mine have done it..it's sort of a little wiggling dance shifting from one foot to the other before they pounce...maybe it's giving some extra traction for the jump ?????

Phoenix
10-11-2008, 10:12 PM
Who knows? I know Beauty never did it, she'd rather do her best to escape from the scary toys :lol: :oops: :roll:

HappyKatz
11-11-2008, 08:44 PM
Wiggling kitty bums are so cute! :lol: That must of been fun to watch :cat27

Our cats do that all the time when they are about to go after a toy. It must be from excitement! If we see a wiggly bum - there must be a toy somewhere! :cat16

dandysmom
11-11-2008, 08:51 PM
I tried a Google search on this; not terribly informative ...said they do it when they are going to play. Doh, we knew that!!

HappyKatz
11-11-2008, 08:56 PM
I did a search too on why cats do that as well :cat27

I found this: They do that to balance themselves before poucing. It is just so they know the amount of weight they are putting onto each leg so they pounce onto the toy directly, and not off into the other direction.

dandysmom
11-11-2008, 09:07 PM
Ah so! Good for you; you obviously did a better choice of search words than I did. I thought it had something to do with hunting behavior!

HappyKatz
11-11-2008, 09:14 PM
Ah so! Good for you; you obviously did a better choice of search words than I did. I thought it had something to do with hunting behavior!

I think that is has to do with hunting behavior too! You are right as well :)
I think they do that so they will not lose their footing so they can catch their pray...

angieh
11-11-2008, 09:17 PM
I've noticed next door's cats doing it when they are hunting - play and hunting to animals I think are just about the same thing, it's just the end result that's different.

When I used to play the string and plastic stopper game around the house and garden with both Merlin and Smudge, they both used to do it! It was fun to watch.