PDA

View Full Version : Guinness update

kado
10-11-2008, 12:34 PM
We took him to the vets for a check up today. The senior vet said he was a serveley allergic cat and will always be now. They percribed the steriod cream and steriod tablets again for another 10 days. Whilst we was there he had a wheezing attach as well ,the vet thinks i could be asthma he has several of these attacks before. Because we dont know what he is allergic too we have decided to keep him as an indoor only cat as we dont know if i could pick up anything out side. The vet wouldnt weigh him as he will have put weight on, once his skin has healed up they are going to concentrate on his weight. He certainley is a fighter he puts up with all his treatment with out too much of a fuss. Everybody loves him too bits.

jane

angieh
10-11-2008, 12:57 PM
Oh poor Guinness. So sorry to hear about the allergies and the asthma. It's probably good that he had an attack at the vet, so the vet could see the extent of his reactions.

Gentle cuddles for him and ((((HUGS)))) for you Jane.

Mags
10-11-2008, 04:43 PM
Poor Guinness, hopefully it will help him by keeping him indoors...

yola
10-11-2008, 04:57 PM
What a shame. Poor thing :( I also think keeping him indoors is a good idea (unless of course it's something within the house that he's allergic too)! After all, you don't want him getting an attack of wheezing when out and alone do you!

Just as an aside, was he suffering so before you moved to your new place or is this relatively recent?

Elaine
10-11-2008, 06:40 PM
Poor Guiness, he really hasnt had a good time of things has he. Hugs to you both xxx

kado
10-11-2008, 09:20 PM
He was bit my mosquitos last year when we was in the flat. He only start scratching since the end of August but as we have a garden he started going in it. When it was at it worst he had gone under next doors fence which he can only jsut squeeze under. He seems he straches more when he has been out. Every bodys under orders not to spray anything down stairs at all only in the bathroom or there bedrooms. The cats havent been upstairs since the beging of August and only have escaped up stairs a couple of times since.

jane

dandysmom
10-11-2008, 10:14 PM
I agree it's good the vet got to actually see the asthma attack rather than just hearing of it. I do hope keeping him indoors will make the symptoms lessen, poor guy!