PDA

View Full Version : I'm having to watch Dylan ...

Phoenix
09-11-2008, 01:57 PM
So far he's been up on everything he can get up on (including my grandma's knitting machine - I had to move him! :shock: ) and he's been helping me type, bless him! :-D

Meowing for attention 24/7, purring his head off and wouldn't leave me or my brother alone to sleep last night - kept coming to rub round us both and kept trying to push us out of the beds :shock:

So as a result I'm still tired and trying to keep an eye on him and also trying to persuade him he's got enugh food down (namely one pouch of cat food and some chicken, yet he's still trying to convince me he hasn't got any food! :shock: )

angieh
09-11-2008, 02:42 PM
That's attention seeking behaviour RCR - he's settling in. When he feels more secure, hopefully those behaviours will slowly abate. Hopefully!

Phoenix
09-11-2008, 02:49 PM
That's attention seeking behaviour RCR - he's settling in. When he feels more secure, hopefully those behaviours will slowly abate. Hopefully!

He's missing his brother a little bit bless him :smt007

angieh
09-11-2008, 02:56 PM
What happened to his brother?

Phoenix
09-11-2008, 02:59 PM
What happened to his brother?

His brother is still waiting for a good home, the rescue centre think he's now got more of a chance of being rehomed now they are seperate.

His brother was the more retiring out of the two, I've seen him since and he appears to have got a lot braver now Dylan's rehomed. Dylan was the one who wanted to hog all the attention, also we can't take both! Don't really have the space for two charging around!

angieh
09-11-2008, 03:19 PM
Do hope he finds a good home soon - glad he's getting a bit braver! Boys are like that - one always gives way to the other - they like an easy life!

Phoenix
09-11-2008, 03:22 PM
Do hope he finds a good home soon - glad he's getting a bit braver! Boys are like that - one always gives way to the other - they like an easy life!

That's certaintly true in Kevin's (Dylan's brother) case!

dandysmom
09-11-2008, 05:40 PM
He was obviously starved for fussing and attention in the cattery and is so happy to be in a loving home where he's the center of attention! I don't mean to imply they were uncaring at the cattery, just that he needed more than they were able to devote to him. Hope Kevin finds as nice a home as Dylan did!

meep
10-11-2008, 11:00 AM
Lovely to hear Dylan's settling in well, although it is a shame he couldn't be rehomed with Kevin. My two are brothers and even though Minsky is far more retiring, as you say Kevin is, they occasionaly have play fights and the power-struggle results in Minsky being 'dominant' for a while. It was wonderful watching Minsky coming out of his shell over the months we've had him, but it hasn't stopped Darcy being as attention-seeking as ever.

Rosie
10-11-2008, 01:27 PM

My Alfie is 2 and a half and is still the same:D