PDA

View Full Version : Just got my gas/electric bill

Natalie
06-11-2008, 09:49 PM
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

My monthly direct debit has gone upto 122.00 pounds a month :cat13

Kim
06-11-2008, 10:51 PM
You and me both. Mine has increased by £130 per month to £190 per month. They wanted to increase it to £290 as al the estimated bills were so underestimated. I could have cried. I think it is out of control. When my son and daughter are at uni there is only 3 of us here. We are a normal household although we do have a dishwasher and tumbledrier, but washing machine is only used 3-4 times a week now.

Which company are you with Matron? we are with npower.

Natalie
06-11-2008, 11:09 PM
You and me both. Mine has increased by £130 per month to £190 per month. They wanted to increase it to £290 as al the estimated bills were so underestimated. I could have cried. I think it is out of control. When my son and daughter are at uni there is only 3 of us here. We are a normal household although we do have a dishwasher and tumbledrier, but washing machine is only used 3-4 times a week now.

Which company are you with Matron? we are with npower.

Blimey and I thought we had it bad. We are with npower too :cry:

CathyW
16-11-2008, 09:44 PM
i was with BG and after their last announcement of rises i went onto the ebico site. they are now in charge with my gas n leccy.and my electric is less than 10 quid a week now. have a look on thier site.

Natalie
19-11-2008, 10:34 AM
Thanks for the tip. Hubby looked at the site and seemed impressed so we have just signed up.

Cheers :-)

yola
19-11-2008, 11:17 AM
My electric alone has just doubled to £150 per month. Can't remember how much Gas is, but somewhere around the £100 mark. I think it's criminal, especially as their buy-in costs for raw fuel is tumbling!

CathyW
29-11-2008, 11:36 AM
Thanks for the tip. Hubby looked at the site and seemed impressed so we have just signed up.

Cheers :-)
oh so pleased about that. :) at the moment im putting in about £10-00 a week gas and about £8-00 leccy. and thats about managable.

Kim
29-11-2008, 08:47 PM
I've heard good things about Ebico too. Afriend of mine works for energywatch and she recommends them. When we've paid off the arrears to npower we shall be switching to them.

CathyW
04-12-2008, 09:42 PM
I've heard good things about Ebico too. Afriend of mine works for energywatch and she recommends them. When we've paid off the arrears to npower we shall be switching to them.
blimey i should ask them about a commission lol
forgot to add, i have been using my heating for about 6 hrs a day now and i had 11 quid in there 2 weeks ago and ive still got about 5 quid left so really pleased with that :)

dandysmom
04-12-2008, 09:58 PM
If anyone's interested, my last gas bill was $419.90; that's what I normally pay at the end of January. It's been unseasonably cold here, so wasn't too shocked, although not happy about it. That's actual metered gas for heating, not an estimate or an average. Electric bill is always low, usually about $25.00 - $30.00 monthly all season, I don't have A/C.

Anyway, different country, but thought you might find it interesting to compare ....