PDA

View Full Version : Brain Stuff from Cambridge University

angieh
06-11-2008, 01:30 PM
"Olny srmat poelpe can raed tihs.

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs psas it on "

I am amazed that this made sense to me and I am sure that it will to you too. What an incredible thing the human brain is!

Mags
06-11-2008, 01:32 PM
I read it through with no problem .....amazing is the word!! :lol:

dinahsmum
06-11-2008, 01:56 PM
Amazing - and frustrating. Why can I read that perfectly yet am hopeless at anagrams? I know the answer - it's because that passage is a readable segment, not words in isolation

meep
06-11-2008, 02:12 PM
That's true DM, the words put in context of the others make it more readable. If it was a random word misspelt it might be harder. Although anagrams can change the first and last letters, whereas in this passage the first and last letters are all still correct.

Thanks for sharing Angie :) Fascinating indeed!

PoshPuss
06-11-2008, 07:28 PM
Wow! my head hurts, :lol: the power of a logical mind. Doesn't explain why I can't read doctor's writing tho :D

dandysmom
06-11-2008, 10:02 PM
Amazing - and frustrating. Why can I read that perfectly yet am hopeless at anagrams? I know the answer - it's because that passage is a readable segment, not words in isolation

I was never any good at anagrams until I found the Word Game on Catsey; got hooked, and do them frequently now! :D

Moli
06-11-2008, 10:03 PM
I read through it no bother too.....

Natalie
07-11-2008, 08:17 AM
Looks like we would have been excellent students at Cambridge. That's where I went wrong all my life :-)