Moli
05-11-2008, 12:33 PM
How are the boys coming on??:)

Moli
05-11-2008, 08:23 PM
bump!..........

Kazz
05-11-2008, 09:10 PM
Sorry Moli....Oliver has had terrible dioreah today with a terrible smell just when I though his tummy was getting better:roll: . But took him tonight to my vets and they said they are both so lively especialy Oliver they think its his(Olivers) tummy just overrecting to the good food been advised to give him royal canin senstive (or similar).....or chicken or fish - blandish type of diet, he's had a jab of antibiotic, and has been given Ceporex 1 drop twice a day for 5 days starting tomorrow...it is a broad actng antibiotic.

And kaogel which he has to have 1ml three times daily by syringe......

He is so livey and full of go, but obviously could not let him have dioreah so badly he had it last weekend but thoght that was the change over to proper food and maybe the worming stuff he seemed okay in himself but today its been terrible....so though better safe than sorry. He is playing fine hope this sorts him out he has even with the dioreah(have to learn to spell this put on weight):smt003 and I don't want him to stay stationary or worse go backwards.

Will keep you informed.

Dont think I over reacted, as he is tiny and dioreah can be a terrible thing.....I must learn how to spell it.;)

Moli
05-11-2008, 09:18 PM
I would have done the same Kazz, he i so tiny cannot afford to lose weight, I have a similar problem with Yola, the others are growing like weeds, she is still tiny, and has D off and on...I have been putting a little bran in her food, seems to help....She is putting weight on although very slowley, but like your litle boy is full of life....

I cannot spell it either, hence the D!!

Kazz
05-11-2008, 09:36 PM
See the vet said its hard when they have a dodgy start some like I suspect Marcus and your 3 are fine but when you have one with the "D" word it can take a while to sort out...how heavy was Yola when you got her and what is she now? and what by comparison to the other three????

Moli
05-11-2008, 09:55 PM
Yola was just under a pound when I got her, she went up to 1lb 3oz, then lost 2 oz with the D and is now 1lb 5oz....She has D at the mo....The other are..JJ 2ilb, Sam 1lb 10oz and Maggie 1lb 8oz, so she is much smaller. although their mum was a tiny cat...Yola will not be rehomed at 8 weeks, will keep her till she has put on a good bit of weight..

Kazz
05-11-2008, 09:57 PM
How old were they do you think?

Kazz
05-11-2008, 09:59 PM
On Sat when they had their bath the girls weighed them and logged it down...but I am lbs and ounces not metric. So I have to convert it. The plan was to weigh them every week.

Moli
05-11-2008, 10:02 PM
These were 5 weeks when I got them.....full of worms fleas and dirty ears.....

i weigh them weekly in lbs & ounces...and all are growing well, apart from Yola who is very slow...but she is putting weight on..

What do the boys weigh??

Kazz
05-11-2008, 10:42 PM
Sorry had to play with them for a moment or two......;)

Sat
Marcus was 410gms...or about just under 14&1/2 ounces
Oliver was 385gms ...or about 13&1/2 ounces.

smudgley
05-11-2008, 10:47 PM
Sorry Moli....Oliver has had terrible dioreah today with a terrible smell just when I though his tummy was getting better:roll: . But took him tonight to my vets and they said they are both so lively especialy Oliver they think its his(Olivers) tummy just overrecting to the good food been advised to give him royal canin senstive (or similar).....or chicken or fish - blandish type of diet, he's had a jab of antibiotic, and has been given Ceporex 1 drop twice a day for 5 days starting tomorrow...it is a broad actng antibiotic.

And kaogel which he has to have 1ml three times daily by syringe......

He is so livey and full of go, but obviously could not let him have dioreah so badly he had it last weekend but thoght that was the change over to proper food and maybe the worming stuff he seemed okay in himself but today its been terrible....so though better safe than sorry. He is playing fine hope this sorts him out he has even with the dioreah(have to learn to spell this put on weight):smt003 and I don't want him to stay stationary or worse go backwards.

Will keep you informed.

Dont think I over reacted, as he is tiny and dioreah can be a terrible thing.....I must learn how to spell it.;)
Diarrhoea
Died in a rolls royce having over eaten again

Kazz
05-11-2008, 10:51 PM
So even Marcus was about 2 ounces lighter than Yola and I he is a good size compared to Oliver..... ...hmm ta Moli.
Today at the vets
Marcus weighed 418gms...a;lmost 14 3/4oz.
Oliver weighed 390gms .....almost12&3/4oz.

Have to take my weights as true as using my scales..,,,or I will be not theirs which may be more acurate (in fact sure they are)

Kazz
05-11-2008, 10:53 PM
Ha Ha ta Kel.

Moli
05-11-2008, 10:58 PM
They are tiny Kazz, although they do say the little ones usually do well...Sure they will soo put a spurt on, let me know how Oliver tum is doing...Yola is funny fine for a few days then back to D..all the time she puts on weight not too worried, I have been putting tea tree cream on the bottom though, gets a bit sore...

Moli
05-11-2008, 10:59 PM
Diarrhoea
Died in a rolls royce having over eaten again

Brilliant, thanks Smudgley...;)

smudgley
05-11-2008, 11:01 PM
Didn't know you can get liquid ceporex :shock:

The caogel will sort him out ;)

Thanks for taking him to the vet. :cool:

Moli
05-11-2008, 11:02 PM
I use my kitchen scales....

dandysmom
05-11-2008, 11:41 PM
Or, Kazz, you could use the American spelling; easy to remember...think of making an entry in your DIARy and a South American bird, RHEA. Works for me ......

Natalie
06-11-2008, 09:07 AM
You did right to trust your instincts and take him to the vet.

How is he this morning?

Kazz
06-11-2008, 10:32 AM
Thanks for asking he is quiet however his "toileting" is now semi rather than just liquid. So quite a step forward in less than 12 hours. He's had his first drop of ceporex and his first syringe of kaogel. And a little dish of porridge.

Kazz
06-11-2008, 10:46 AM
Didn't know you can get liquid ceporex :shock:

The caogel will sort him out ;)

Thanks for taking him to the vet. :cool:

No one would do any less than whip him to the vet straight away, took Marcus too.....vet surgery came to a halt as all nurses and the other vet were playing and fussing them.:roll: There is something about my animals they come to a halt when I take Sal in too as she is "adored" by them as well.

You may not have knwn you couldn't get liquid ceporex I did not know it exsisted at all........till last night.

dinahsmum
06-11-2008, 10:51 AM
Cuddles to the little invalid - hopefully he'll be fine by tomorrow

dandysmom
06-11-2008, 05:15 PM
How is he now, Kazz?

angieh
06-11-2008, 06:18 PM
Gentle tickles to the hopefully recovering kittens.

Must remember the thing with the rolls royce - I always have to look up how to spell the "D" word!

Kazz
06-11-2008, 09:21 PM
Hya all

Thank you all for your concern however Excellent news.

Not a sign of a runny tum, semi solid.....and he is a bright as a button.

Natalie
06-11-2008, 09:50 PM
Hya all

Thank you all for your concern however Excellent news.

Not a sign of a runny tum, semi solid.....and he is a bright as a button.

Hooray...it's amazing how wee animals and humans alike bounce back from illness so quick.

dandysmom
06-11-2008, 09:54 PM
Good news!!!!

Moli
06-11-2008, 09:58 PM
Brilliant news!

Kim
06-11-2008, 10:47 PM
Glad he is better Kazz!

angieh
06-11-2008, 10:51 PM
V.G. What good news.