PDA

View Full Version : got kuan yin to eat soup!

Tink
03-11-2008, 07:48 PM
i make a batch of chicken soup for the ferrets so they have it daily as a healthy supplement to their already expensive healthy kibble:roll: ;) after i cook i simply pour it into ice cube trays and defrost cubes as needed.
kuan yin never took to it because i always used a ferret supplement but decided to leave it out this time and add it later as needed so as not to overload them in vitamins by accident.
well NOW kuan yin LOVES it! i'm so psyched because it's very healthy and i've really wanted to lower her daily carb intake and this soup helps as it is pretty much almost all protein.
recipe:

several chicken breasts
chicken hearts
chicken gizzards
above boiled up
use homemade leftover broth to smooth
add some chicken baby food

and voila! healthy soup. i'm so glad my girl has taken to something good for her! now i need to make a bigger batch of soup for the ferrets AND her.
oh and she even drank some broth after to wash it down (all those vitamins in there and no sodium added!)
it's great in case they ever get sick and go off their kibble.
woo hoo, excited.
now my morning routine includes an extra dish:lol:

dandysmom
03-11-2008, 09:06 PM
That sounds like an excellent supplement to their regular food; good for them and they like it! The two aren't always the same! I do make soups a lot; have never tried it on the cats, as I use the organic chicken broth which has sodium in it; suspect salt isn't good for cats.....