PDA

View Full Version : Kitten updates..

Moli
02-11-2008, 11:38 AM
What do you think of posting pictures weekly of all the foster kittens.....:)

alexgirl73
02-11-2008, 01:30 PM
I think it's a great idea. It may encourage me to get my finger out and actually take pics of the ones I have lol.

At the moment I have a mum and 2 kits (there were 4 but the two tabbies, brother and sis) went to their new home together yesterday. So now I have Scotty (B&W), a lovely friednly little chap, and Starlight (Black), affectionatley known as the spwan of satan lol. She is VERY skittish and doesn't do well with handling at all, but we're persevering. Then mum is Fluff (shorthaired tabby), who is timid but a lovly lady nonetheless!

Moli
02-11-2008, 01:54 PM
Right Alex, you can start the pictures, love to see your little family...

smudgley
02-11-2008, 01:54 PM
I think that's a wonderful idea.

However I won't really be able to post with weekly developments as I am now taking in all the cats for our branch, just to get them ready for their fosterers. So I take them in - worm them, frontline them, get them blood tested, neuter them if old enough & not nursing a litter, microchip them, take their photo for the shop displays and sort out all their paperwork... then ship them out to fosterers. It's working well & it means I get to have cats in but don't have to do the rehoming of them or have people viewing them. So although I will be able to post all my new cats I won't be keeping them for longer than about 7 days.
(Incidentally I think I've workied out how to use photobucket so will have a go at posting some pics of my kittens later)

Moli
02-11-2008, 01:57 PM
It will be good to see what you have going to foster Smudgley...Although my lot will be 8 weeks next Sunday, and probably start to be rehomed....
Then that will be me till I come back from America...

Kazz
02-11-2008, 02:10 PM
I can do that the thing is will I be able to reign myslef in to just that.............;)..........just had visitors who were two kitten crazy nieces.........the boys (kittens) were golden....the girls (human teenagers) were a little frisky........and kept going "Awwwww" at every move or miaow. But I forget as Katies said they only knew "old cats" because they were over 10 when Katie was born and she is 16 on the 5th, so they only knew cats in their teens and remarkably rock solid...........

alexgirl73
02-11-2008, 02:15 PM
Okay here are my lot

Starlight and mum Fluff (why she was given that name I have no idea :roll:, but she came in with it)

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m12/alexgirl73/100_1212.jpg

and happy chappy Scotty

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m12/alexgirl73/100_1220.jpg

Moli
02-11-2008, 02:24 PM
What a pretty little family, love the little black one.....How old are they Alex??

alexgirl73
02-11-2008, 02:30 PM
They're 12 weeks now Moli. And we reckon mum is about 1 year. The main problem is we're not having anyone phone up to rehome just now, the credit crunch seems to be hitting here quite strongly!

Moli
02-11-2008, 02:37 PM
There should be someone coming to see mine this next week...but think its the same all over...Its the adults up here that just are not moving...

alexgirl73
02-11-2008, 02:39 PM
we have a lovely boy who has been with us since the end of April who is finally going to his new home today! The first one in ages!

smudgley
02-11-2008, 02:45 PM
We had loads of kittens with us that were born around April time & they all came in at the same time. Lots of them have stayed with us until now & we have had loads of 6 month old youngsters to rehome. However our rehoming officer left the branch & we have a new one now. Things seem to be running much more smoothly & we have been homing lots of cats. We just have one 6 month old boy left now to rehome (plus loads of others but from the origional lot of babies there's just the one left)

Moli
02-11-2008, 03:15 PM
Its funny how the CP in different area's do thing differently, these 4 I have will go straight to new home, no vac, or vet checks....

alexgirl73
02-11-2008, 03:44 PM
it is strange. In ours its home checks, vaccs, neutered, microchipped, flead, wormed etc before they go.

Moli
02-11-2008, 04:00 PM
I have flead them and wormed them, but they will only go to the vets if I think there is a problem...They are very healthy up till now, have not needed any treatment...The homecheck are done, then the people come here to see them....Personally I would like them to be vet checked...but not the way the CP branch does it...

smudgley
02-11-2008, 07:37 PM
I have flead them and wormed them, but they will only go to the vets if I think there is a problem...They are very healthy up till now, have not needed any treatment...The homecheck are done, then the people come here to see them....Personally I would like them to be vet checked...but not the way the CP branch does it...

Does your branch use the petplan rehoming forms?

Ours are wormed / flea treated / all are FeLV/FIV tested / vet checked & vaccinated / microchipped / family are home checked and they all go with a goody pack (just leaflets / food) and given 6 weeks free insurance and all adults are neutered & all younger cats are given a free voucher to be neutered

Moli
02-11-2008, 07:39 PM
Does your branch use the petplan rehoming forms?

No, just ordinary forms....

smudgley
02-11-2008, 07:42 PM
No, just ordinary forms....

I asked because they have to have a vet-check for the 6 weeks free insurance to be valid.

alexgirl73
02-11-2008, 07:47 PM
our branch is the same as yours smudgley except for we also neuter!

Moli
02-11-2008, 07:48 PM
Nothing like that up here I am afraid...

Kazz
02-11-2008, 07:49 PM
My two fosters..........do they look settled in with some visitors....who some of you may recognise but they have grown up too.....;)http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/kazz76/Captured2008-1-1200001.jpg they adore them obviously. ;)and seems it worked both ways.Marcus taking it easy the kitten way, he falls asleep upside down purring so loud he wakes himself up http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/kazz76/Captured2008-1-1200021.jpgAnd Oliver finding interesting things to do he gets so carried away he ends up jumping then gamboling round the room in his excitment..........but when things get too scary he runs for the first person he can find for safety.......http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/kazz76/Captured2008-1-1200008.jpg

alexgirl73
02-11-2008, 07:53 PM
awwwwwww, how adorable!!

Moli
02-11-2008, 07:59 PM
our branch is the same as yours smudgley except for we also neuter!

They do neuter if the at is old enough to do so, these little ones are not yet...

Moli
02-11-2008, 07:59 PM
Lovely to see them getting cuddles, the girls are obviously besotted by the boys...

Moli
02-11-2008, 08:00 PM
Marcus has quite a little tummy now..:)