PDA

View Full Version : The boys - update

Kazz
01-11-2008, 02:19 PM
Well they went to bed with full tummies are totaly warm and secure met the dog Sal albeit a unauthorsied meeting....but thats dogs for you. :wink:
Sal made her way up the stairs and stood looking at the kits over the "great wall of china"..... :wink: they little notice, but they are so delicate I would rather they settled for a week before meeting her as such - but obviously she knows they are here. And stood wagging her tail which is a good sign, plus she is kinda chuffed as they only eat half a scrambled egg between them she gets the other half. She is far from daft.

This morning they had a quick bath they did smell a little (I am allowed to say this as I love 'em) and their white bits were a dingy yellow (I expect you get the idea) however they are a little better now and smell gorgeous...howpefully cleaning them regularly (as they have no mom) will have the desired effect.

They had scrambled egg at 8 this morning back to sleep then then had a wander round the living room where they also had a bath about 10, followed by a dish of warm milk (keep 'em warm from inside out) and they fell asleep in front of the fire...:) They have been asleep ever since apart from when they woke within minutes of each other and used the litter tray....
they are really clean in their habits.:-D So I intend to keep them clean in body...they appreciate a quick wipe after using the litter tray. Which should help.

I am planning on whiskas kitten loaf for lunch when/if they wake then a bit of roast chicken later. And a milky drink before bedtime. They do drink water but not much but then they get a lot of moisture from their food...to which I add a little warm water. ;) Start 'em early.

So nothing to report. As they sleep like rip van winkle...which is good just what they need as babies, food sleep warmth in no set order.

Oh and they purr like crazy when fussed or touched although I find myself more hard hearted than I realised I could be as I put them down as soon as they get sleeply as I do not want them only sleeping when fussed, plus they have the TV on so they are sleeping through noise and everything.

Smudgley when they nibble you it means they want food. ;) ...thats my excuse anyhow for the moment. But we are working slowly on manners, like not falling asleep in your dinner.:roll:

Well thats all for now folks!

angieh
01-11-2008, 02:26 PM
Lovely! So glad they seem to be doing everything they should. And so are you - bless you and Sal too!

Oh um pictures you know would be appreciated!

dinahsmum
01-11-2008, 02:30 PM
Bless - poor little things.
Did I miss their age?
I'm sure Sal will be happy to keep them clean and tidy once they're a bit stronger .....

Elaine
01-11-2008, 02:31 PM
Wonderful to hear how they are getting on:D

Kazz
01-11-2008, 02:40 PM
Soz DM they are 5 weeks but I'd say they are about 2/3rd of the average size of a kit that age the black one a little smaller, as Smudgley said AKA Tiny and tinier.

Kazz
01-11-2008, 02:41 PM
Bless - poor little things.
Did I miss their age?
I'm sure Sal will be happy to keep them clean and tidy once they're a bit stronger .....

From memeory I am certain cats and kittens hate being licked by dogs...Cleo used to look that said she was disgusted ie "dog saliva" Yukkkk look on her face. :-D

Kazz
01-11-2008, 02:43 PM
Exploring.........http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/kazz76/Captured2008-11-100001.jpg

Getting dry....http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/kazz76/Captured2008-11-100005.jpg

calismum
01-11-2008, 02:59 PM
Kazz, they're so sweet. Love the new pics. Once they know they get will be fed and bathed they will just lie back and grow. Hope it won't be long before they have caught up a little.

Lovely babes, great thing you are doing for them.

dinahsmum
01-11-2008, 02:59 PM
Sure are tiny - but they'll grow.
And you're right about the "Dog spit - euwwwww" face!

angieh
01-11-2008, 03:01 PM
Oh they are tiny poppets!

Moli
01-11-2008, 03:51 PM
Aww Bless him, he looks better already, sure the bath would make him feel much more comfortable too....

dandysmom
01-11-2008, 04:41 PM
They're adorable! Safety, food, warmth and a lot of TLC .... just what the doctor ordered. They'll be catching up in size soon, I bet! Keep the camera at the ready ...pic overload would be great.

Natalie
01-11-2008, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the update Karen. I hope your having a wee nap when they do ;-)

They look so cute yet cheeky. They maybe small but I bet they are big in personality.

Sterling job your doing and so rewarding too.

Elaine
01-11-2008, 10:21 PM
Oh |I love their little white feets:D One should be called Spats I think:lol:

Elaine
01-11-2008, 10:22 PM
Spats and Jazz:D

dandysmom
01-11-2008, 10:28 PM
Oh, I like Spats!

Moli
01-11-2008, 11:07 PM
Me too...