PDA

View Full Version : My old neighbours dog!

pk-bailey
31-10-2008, 11:05 PM
This is a sad story.

When I was 9 years old my family moved home and we ended up having neighbours that weren't very nice atall, especially to their dog, Sadie.

We lived in a house with 6 streets and an open field just across the road, surrounded by main roads, no fences, was basically a walkway or somewhere for kids to play in sight o their parents. On the other side of the main road passed the field was a proper secure playing field with tennis courts, footie pitches etc...

Anyway, when we moved in Sadie must have been around 7 years old herself, she was soo skinny and fragile it hurt me to see her. I ended up hangin around with the owners daughter and realised why Sadie was how she was.

She used to be taken out on the field on her metre lon lead for 2 minutes a day, if she didn't go to the toilet they would drag er back in anyway, this meant most of the time she soiled the kitchen, where she was locked in all day and night, and shouted at for soiling, then she would be locked in the utility room which was no more than 2 metres wide and 5 metres long, no food, no bed, no water. I never saw a toy or any love given to her.
She seemed to warm to me, as I smoothed her daily when visiting the daughter, but if you even looked her in the eye she'd growl. I remember one night the house was broken into, but noone knew because Sadie was threatened with a baseball bat, she knew exactly what threats were, she was beaten enough times.
One day I was sat with her in the kitchen, stroking her whilst the Daughter got ready to go out, just talking quietly to her, she looked so sad I just wanted to take her away, make her happier, when suddenly everything went dark for a second, then I realsied what happened, Sadie had attacked me...my face, automatically i had my hand to my face, I pulled it away and screamed when I saw the blood, I ran to the mirror, she'd caught the edge of my eye and pierced my top lip and gum, I ran outside to another nieghbour who took me to hospital, I was fine. Anyway back to Sadie, the daughter begged I not get her put down or taken away, she swore she loved her, I made a bargain that if she treated her better I wouldn't. But it didn't last long.

This was about 6 years ago now she attacked me, the family moved away but sadly Sadie had to be put down due to health problems, she had internal bleeding from malnurishment and beatings, her rear legs crippled and she couldn't walk and she had a stroke.

I wish I had done something sooner but she is in a better place now.

I still hate the family.

pk-bailey
31-10-2008, 11:10 PM
what annoys me even more now is the daughter has a baby girl, she didn't strap the babyseat in the car properly, when she got out she and her friend found the seat on its side, the girl just laughed but the friend took hold of he baby and made sure she was okay, before telling the girl what a bad mother she was.