PDA

View Full Version : The hand of fate

Natalie
31-10-2008, 08:43 PM
I dont know whether you believe in fate or things that are just 'meant to be'? I certainly do.

When I was a little girl, I found a stray male cat who was half starved and brought him home to my parents. I was about 8 years old. We named him Smokey and he was the best cat ever. I adored him like I did Willow. He was a pure grey british blue moggy and he lived with mum and dad for 17 years. I never took him with me when I left home as he was an old boy by then but I saw him all the time and I finally took him to the vets to be PTS when he was ready. He is buried in my parents garden. He was a fabulous cat and I always wanted another just like him but I never ever thought I would find one.

The night Koko went back, I had a phone call from a friend to say she had found a cat in her porch and it wouldn't go away. It was starving but it's coat was ok. It had been there for a few days. She had asked all the neighbours if they knew who it belonged to and checked the shop etc for a poster and even took it to the vets to see if it was microchipped but all to no avail. She lives in a small village and this cat has just appeared.

She phoned me yesterday to tell me again about the cat and I asked her to describe it to me. It was pure grey and had the most loving and calm nature. My heart burst. Today Andrew and I went to see him and I fell in love instantly. We didnt hesitate to bring him home. He is adorable and hasn't cried once. He isnt fazed by the girls and loves tummy tickles and strokes and is just so loving. Millie isn't scared and has even stroked him. He looks a young cat and we are taking him to be checked over at the vets in the morning.

Where this cat has come from only he knows but I believe he was dumped. We have checked the rescue centres, local papers and nobody has reported him missing so here we are with him. Smokey's birthday was on Halloween and here I am at home on Halloween with my grey cat I never thought I would ever have again.

Let me introduce you to MERLIN

(I hope you don't mind Ange) I love the name.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e74/girlie74/Picture028.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e74/girlie74/Picture030.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e74/girlie74/Picture029.jpg

Phoenix
31-10-2008, 08:47 PM
Awww! he is such a handsome boy! Love him!

Moli
31-10-2008, 08:50 PM
He is beautiful, looks like it was mean't to be......I have a grey boy also called Merlin...:D

Natalie
31-10-2008, 08:51 PM
He is beautiful, looks like it was mean't to be......I have a grey boy also called Merlin...:D

I hope you dont mind either. The name just suited him.

He is currently eating me out of house and home :D

Moli
31-10-2008, 08:52 PM
He looks so settled already......very comfy and content....

Suits the name perfectly....

yola
31-10-2008, 08:54 PM
OMG - three Merlins :shock:

Seriously, that was just meant to be wasn't it?? Must be the 1/2 bottle of wine but I've got a lump in my throat :roll:

Natalie
31-10-2008, 08:57 PM
OMG - three Merlins :shock:

Seriously, that was just meant to be wasn't it?? Must be the 1/2 bottle of wine but I've got a lump in my throat :roll:

Hehe...well if you have only had half a bottle then can I have the rest ;)

Maybe he should have the title Merlin The Third :)

Moli
31-10-2008, 09:04 PM
We now have Southern Merlin.
Northern Merlin...
Welsh Merlin...

charlilou
31-10-2008, 09:08 PM
He is absoulty beautiful.
He's very lucky to have found you and you are lucky to have found him.

angieh
31-10-2008, 09:12 PM
Well, either Gaia had a hand in that, or the Magic Pumpkin did! Of course, Merlin is a Welsh name - and he already has magical credentials! I do hope that you all live happily together ever after.

Tink
31-10-2008, 10:11 PM
he is gorgeous and i do very much believe in fate!

dandysmom
31-10-2008, 10:25 PM
It was meant! How spookily wonderful; he looks so relaxed and at home already; great that Millie likes him. I admit I have a bit of a lump in my throat how it's all worked out so well! I'm raising my glass to Welsh Merlin, and Leia sends purrs! Do you think Southern Merlin may have woven a lovely spell to bring this about?

calismum
31-10-2008, 10:37 PM
What a lovely relaxed boy - fate or magic - who knows?

Kazz
01-11-2008, 12:28 AM
Well well well its a night for grey isn't it....maybe a glimpse into the future of what the little grey kitten asleep behind e will look like................So pleased you've found each other, have to say though he looks like he;s been with you forever,

dinahsmum
01-11-2008, 02:15 PM
Kismet strikes again!

He's a lovely and lucky boy - and often the best cat/human matches are the ones where the cat 'finds' the human. He looks like my Bentley, and he looks totally at home.

All good wishes to all of you

PoshPuss
01-11-2008, 04:14 PM
Just getting around to your post Nat. What a wonderful story and YES! I believe this was meant to be, of course I would. My own Posh being a stray from heaven, I know he has come to you for a very good reason. May you have lots of joy with him and he with you! :D
CROESO, MERLIN BACH :-D , WELCOME !!

meep
03-11-2008, 08:59 PM
What a wonderful story :) and he is such a gorgeous boy, he look so happy and relaxed already. you wouldn't know you only just took him in that day. Welcome home Merlin!

HappyKatz
03-11-2008, 09:02 PM
Another wonderful Merlin!! Welcome to Catsey Merlin :-D
That was a very lovely story :smt049 He was meant to be!!

yola
03-11-2008, 09:05 PM
How's Merlin settling in Nat? Has he got his paws firmly in the kitty-kibble?? ;) How's Belle reacting? Hope all is going well and happily :D

Natalie
04-11-2008, 12:32 AM
Welsh Merlin is doing just great. Him and belle have exchanged kisses as well as growls and will eat together in the kitchen. He loves the dog and millie is cool with him. We have greater problems with fireworks with her at the moment. Poppy constantly wants to hug him and he let's her!!! He adores our fish and can be found draping himself over the tank lol.

He is eating me out of house and home. 3.5 courses for breakfast washed down with 2 bowls of milk (who am I to give in to his demands) and 4 courses for tea! He also had a lick of apple pie in the fridge but don't tell hubby ;-) lol.

He is my bootiful teddy bear and I want to keep him indoors forever but I know I shall have to let him out with Belle sometime.

Thanks for asking folks xxx

Moli
04-11-2008, 12:36 AM
So pleased it has worked out so well, sounds as if he had your name on him.;) ...perfect cat for your family, and gorgeous too...:D

Darky
04-11-2008, 03:23 PM
I just discovered the news about Koko, so this is wonderful! So glad to hear that your daughter is responding to the little beauty well.