PDA

View Full Version : Why do I never have a spare room.

farthing
31-10-2008, 05:54 PM
Got home from work, feeling rubbish as I've had a chest infection all week and had a lie down as I was knackered.
Started to nod off, when to phone rang, and it was a lady who took one of our foster dogs, she's a mental health nurse. One of their patients had gone into hospital on Tuesday and his social worker was supposed to organise care for the dog and cat, dog was no problem as he had his vaccinations, and he is now in kennels until the owner gets out. Did we know of anybody who would take in a cat with no vaccinations. Social worker is off sick today so the nurses were suddenly left to sort things out. After phoning a local rescue who might know of somebody and getting no response, it was now getting to the point where the nurses/cares were panicking about the weekend, so the cat is here, in our 'spare' bedroom. We said we can keep her until Thursday, Kizzy, a rabbit, is booked in to be spayed on Friday and I want her in the house, where she is warm and we can easily keep an eye on her. I just hope nothing else happens, honestly, you just never know what to expect do you. I'm knackered again and poor Mike is of out to do the mucking out so we can get the animals in early before the fireworks start!

It got me thinking though, are there no facilities for these situations because they must occur fairly regularly, does anybody know?

Tink
31-10-2008, 10:13 PM
i don't know a bout facilities but i do know you have a very big heart for doing your best to help!

dandysmom
31-10-2008, 10:29 PM
Awww, bless you Farthing, for taking her in.....

farthing
31-10-2008, 11:04 PM
Thanks, my bedrooms get used for many more things than they are meant to be used for - i've had rabbits (including a wild, 3 week old baby), guinea pigs, foster cats, a baby mole (who didn't survive), a goat on a drip and a piglet!
You never know what you are going to find behind closed doors in my house.:oops:
We've also had a hedgehog, a deer in the stables and various wild birds in the out buildings.

angieh
31-10-2008, 11:37 PM
Sorry to hear you've had a chest infection, farthing. Sounds as if you could do with some TLC too!

farthing
31-10-2008, 11:48 PM
Thanks but to be fair, Mike has been looking after me and looking after all the animals as well as doing a full time job. I think I really must get up tomorrow and get on with it as everybody needs a proper clean out. I am on antibiotics and steriods to clear my airways. I did get a fright on Monday night when I woke up struggling to breathe, but those steroids certainly helped that. I'm allergic to hay (great life style choice :roll: ) so have been avoiding it this week.
Mike really deserves a pat on the back, yet again, for doing the work without a complaint. I will feel much better to get the cleaning done and may even get some of the house tidied- its such a mess!:oops:

pk-bailey
31-10-2008, 11:55 PM
Nowhere will take animals without vaccines by me! I need to put Bailey in kennels at xmas and struggled, now getting her vaccinated.