PDA

View Full Version : Off to the vet with Fifi

yola
30-10-2008, 06:47 PM
Well, I got home tonight and Myshka's bum isn't too bad. But Fifi . . . ewwwww :shock:

I washed her rear in the shower, and once all the muck was off I could see that she had lots of missing fur around her bum area and up under her tail. So we're off to the vet at 0815 tomrrow morning as she's not a happy kitty :(

I'm a bit miffed as I have just changed insurance companies (long story) and she's kind of fallen between the two :roll:

Moli
30-10-2008, 06:48 PM
poor baby, good luck for tomorrow, keep us updated please Yola...

Mags
30-10-2008, 06:50 PM
Poor Fifi :(....... hope the vet gives her something to settle her poor tum....

Very unfortunate about the insurance companies, Yola:?

angieh
30-10-2008, 06:50 PM
Poor Fifi - hope all goes well tomorrow and the vet can sort her out.

Erin
30-10-2008, 06:58 PM
Poor baby,hope all goes well tomorrow Yola xxx

Donna
30-10-2008, 07:02 PM
Good luck at the vets Yola x

PoshPuss
30-10-2008, 07:37 PM
Poor Fifi, and poor you, Yola! :(
I know the trouble fluffy trousers give you :shock: the sooner you can get it sorted the better. Wonder what brought on the 'runs'? hugs for Fifi (with nose-peg on of course) :D

Elaine
30-10-2008, 08:20 PM
Poor Fifi, hope the vet gives you something to settle her tummy xxx

pinklizzy
30-10-2008, 09:27 PM
Hope the vet is able to help Fifi tomorrow, lots of hugs to you both.

calismum
30-10-2008, 09:31 PM
Poor wee soul. Bet she feels miserable too. Sure vet will be able to give her something to settle her tum. Read in daily thread they were both a bit off. Hope all better soon.

dandysmom
30-10-2008, 09:38 PM
Hope thr vet can help her tomorrow, poor baby! What a pity about the insurance!

yola
30-10-2008, 10:56 PM
Thanks all!

I'm surrounded by 3 very hungry cats so I'm cooking up more chicken breast as I'm going to avoid biscuits for a day or two (feeding the sachets didn't help and actually exacerbated the problem) until I know what the vet suggests. If it's a bug that won't make any difference but hopefully whatever it is will flush out of their little systems and we'll have well kitties again.

Natalie
30-10-2008, 11:18 PM
Poor Fifi. Fingers crossed its a passing bug which will sweep through asap with minimal disturbance.

Hope all kitties are bright and breezy in no time.

Big cuddles and chin rubs xxxx

Fran
30-10-2008, 11:41 PM
Hope it passes soon Yola and they are back fighting fit again. Good luck at the vets {{{hugs}}}

Tina
31-10-2008, 01:21 AM
Poor Fifi! Hope she's feeling better soon!

dinahsmum
31-10-2008, 09:42 AM
Hope it's a simple bug and all will settle in ni time.

yola
31-10-2008, 10:27 AM
The vet wasn't overly concerned; she felt it was either the Drontal (wormer) which they all had recently, or a bug. I'm to put E45 cream on her sore bum . . . vet thinks this is due to over-licking to get the area clean. Poor Fi; a pooey tongue AND a sore bott :( I've got some nutritional supplement for both her and Myshka to have in addition to the boiled chicken.

Fifi also has quite a lot of holes in her teeth which might need treatment depending on how it seems to be affecting her. As she puts away biscuits quite readily it obviously doesn't seem a problem at the moment.

HOWEVER, vet is quite concerned about her weight loss (as was I); from 4.6KG to 4KG in 6 months. She also mentioned that Fifi's thyroid glands were enlarged which might point to them being overactive - no heart murmur detected yet which is good. I need to sort some additional blood tests in the next couple of weeks.

meep
31-10-2008, 10:37 AM
Oh poor Fifi :( That doesn't sound nice at all for the wee girl. Sounds like the vet gave her a really good checking over and you've got a few things to follow up, which in a way is more comforting that not knowing.

I hope future tests about her weight and thyroids come back ok!

Moli
31-10-2008, 11:02 AM
Poor girl....Hope her tummy settles soon...

Kazz
31-10-2008, 11:54 AM
Sounds like a good vet you have their Yola. Sorry they are not to well however seems they are on the mend more than likely a bug..........Take care Karen

angieh
31-10-2008, 12:40 PM
Glad to hear the tummy "bug" will probably clear up quickly. It's concerning about Fifi's weight loss and possible thyroid problem. Fingers crossed for the blood tests. ((((HUGS)))) to you Yola and gentle cuddles for Fifi.

Mags
31-10-2008, 12:56 PM
Hope she feels better soon, Yola...

dinahsmum
31-10-2008, 12:58 PM
You got your money's worth with the consultation, at least, Yola. Have you really let the insurance slip? Oh, *#@/"*!
Best wishes for a swift and non-messy recovery with the tum/trousers

Natalie
31-10-2008, 01:06 PM
Get well wishes from Belle. X

PoshPuss
31-10-2008, 03:52 PM
Hugs and kisses for Fifi. Hope her sore bott gets better soon :)
I don't think 600g is a huge weight loss Yola, but good job the vet is attentive. Probably recent events will have influenced the weight, and they eat less over the summer months. Fingers x'd its not an expensive diagnosis. How do you stand with the insurance?... hope its ok :(

dandysmom
31-10-2008, 04:26 PM
Get well wishes from Leia and me also; hope the blood results are good. Your vet does sound very thorough....

yola
31-10-2008, 04:41 PM
I have re-insured all the cats with a new company that gives all profits to animal charities. Really nice, really helpful and really ethical people. I cancelled my previous policies because the idiot company cancelled Balie's cover . . . a payment was missed (quite likely) and they claim the wrote to me several times about it. I have no letters from them, and I suspect it's a ruse to get rid of an elderly cat that might cost them money!

Anyways - all cats are insured from 16th of Oct on new policy but I can't make any claim in the first 2 weeks . . . and this is within the 1st 2 weeks :roll:

Elaine
31-10-2008, 06:07 PM
Sorry to hear about the tummy bug and the enlarged glands. Fingers crossed that the blood tests are ok xxx

calismum
31-10-2008, 08:43 PM
Yola, glad the upset tummy is just a bug. Fingers crossed the weight loss and enlarged gland is not a full blown thyroid problem. FInfers and paws crossed here for you and Fifi.