PDA

View Full Version : A Worthwhile Trip

dinahsmum
30-10-2008, 10:30 AM
I've just heard that my student-vet niece will be going to Rhodes next October to join the mass neutering programme on the island. She'll be starting her final year of training then, so it seems a real win-win idea. She'll get a shed-load of experience of neutering, and should almost be able to whip off a pair of pom-poms with her eyes closed, and those kitties will be able to live their lives without either litter after litter (and perpetuating the feral problem) or constant fighting.
She's a real sun lover too, so that's a bonus for her :)

Elaine
30-10-2008, 10:50 AM
Good for her:D I'd love to do that. Diddydawn and i have spoke about it several times but as she is always chocca with cats we have never been able to pull it off.
I'd love to hear how she gets on.

pinklizzy
30-10-2008, 11:14 AM
Sounds great! I looked into doing something similar last year but couldn't arrange the needed time off. It'd be great to be able to help do something so worthwhile.

yola
30-10-2008, 11:15 AM
That's a great thing to be doing. As you say, everyone benefits; cats, your neice and her career!!

I bet she's going to get a massive amount of satisfaction out of being involved in the programme.

angieh
30-10-2008, 11:54 AM
What a great time to be able to do. Those cats will be giving sighs of relief all round once they get over having their pom-poms snipped off!

Mags
30-10-2008, 01:24 PM
How exciting for your neice DM, she'll get plenty of hands-on experience there and also be helping to control the feral problem...

Kim
30-10-2008, 04:21 PM
That's great - everyone wins!

Natalie
30-10-2008, 11:31 PM
How exciting. I can't wait to hear all about her adventures. :-)