PDA

View Full Version : does anyone else talk to their cat??

Elvisisboss
30-10-2008, 03:46 AM
and i DONT mean 'hello / cutie' !! words i mean actual 'meows & noises' !!!! ????????

i dunno if its just me?!?! but i am quite good at making animal(!!!) noises & have manged to copy Elvis's meow & odd noises down to a T so i can 'talk' to him...

Taylor has a weird noise, he like gurgles & then do a little high pitch 'meow' very quickly after...now people normally think its him..but its me!! haha, and hell reply to me right away & we will carry on a 'convo'!!!

i also mange to 'talk' to cats when i see them out.........most of them tend to then follow me....... :-D :oops: :-D

this just me......................?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :oops: :lol: :oops:

Jac
30-10-2008, 08:49 AM
Yip it's just you!!!!! (I would never talk to my animals:roll: ) well much;)

Elaine
30-10-2008, 10:59 AM
Eva and I talk all the time, just ask Erin:lol: Eva can use some very foul language at times but is just too cute to resist talking with.
Bernie is the silent type unless he wants food or on your lap. He and Graham chat away though, or should I say Graham talks, Bernie listens patiently:lol:

meep
30-10-2008, 11:00 AM
I can imitate Darcy's meow perfectly, so much so that if I'm in the other room with him and OH is in the kitchen, if Darcy meows then I meow back, OH thinks it's Darcy the whole time :roll:

Both Darcy and Minsky have very particular meows, and Darcy's is easier to imitate. I haven't quite mastered Minsky's yet.

Darcy seems to really enjoy it when I meow back at him, and I've worked out what his different meows could mean. He's got a "give me attention!" meow, a "distressed, don't go to work!" meow, a "play with me :)" meow, a "feed me!" meow, and a general chatting meow. He loves to chat away to me. :lol:

So you're not alone!!

People tell me I'm quite good at imitating other things in general, like other people so I guess animals come into that too!

Elaine
30-10-2008, 11:01 AM
Eva hates it when I imitate her demanding meow:lol:

meep
30-10-2008, 11:04 AM
Eva hates it when I imitate her demanding meow:lol:

Absolutely! When Darcy wants attention his meows get louder and louder and very insistent, like "mmrrraaaoooWWWWW! mrraAAAOOOWWWWWWWW!" if I imitate them back he goes in a huff and hides behind the clothes line to wash himself.

Both of mine have such high-pitched meows for such big boys. Darcy quite often likes to make little croaky, shrot meows like "mra-a-a-a-a-row" and often does that whilst yawning, the cutest thing :)

CathyW
30-10-2008, 12:55 PM
er yes i talk to mine. and also been know to talk to the dog.
i get weird looks off passers byes when i hold a conversation (in human) to the dog LOL
and reggie and myself have chats about his food, that hes constantly demanding :)

Elvisisboss
30-10-2008, 04:14 PM
Glad its not just me!!

Tay is currently sitting on my shoulder wacking me in the face with his tail & trying to lick my eye!!!.......Grrrrrrr Meow! as he would say!! :lol: :D

Moli
30-10-2008, 06:16 PM
Not only do I talk to mine, they answer me!!

PoshPuss
30-10-2008, 07:45 PM
Posh talks so of course we listen, we obey and we do it.
I talk, Posh pretends not to hear. I plead and Posh ignores me again. I ignore Posh, I get my trousers smacked and constant wailing until I listen. Life with cats... :-D

Phoenix
30-10-2008, 08:25 PM
I don't meow back to Beauty (Beauty can't really meow properly anyway) but I'm very good at talking to the college guinea pigs in their language :oops: :roll:

I talk to Beauty in english though!

dandysmom
30-10-2008, 09:32 PM
I stick to English! Had a disastrous episode once when I first met my buddy's new blue Persian kitten. This was when I had my Siamese, and prided myself I spoke good Siamese, so greeted Sheba...she got a look of shock and horror on her little face,,,,and never liked me for the rest of her life! God knows what I said! :-D We laughed about that for years ...

I not only talk to Leia, I read the stocks and the weather to her every afternoon after lunch .... and no, I am not a crazy cat lady! :roll:

calismum
30-10-2008, 09:51 PM
Alfie is a very quiet cat so we tend to just have an 'esp' thing going on.

Kinsi when she is tired cuddles up and purrs with intermittent miaows. I miaow back at her (more a mirp/purr really) Last few days she's started to reply.

My cat Misty and I used to talk to each other all the time.

Yes, we probably are mad, but who cares.

cats' staff
30-10-2008, 09:57 PM
Smudge and I meow at each other but she gives me withering looks so I don't think my accent is very good.
I swear sometimes when we have locked the cat door and she is cross she marches up to me and says 'me out'

dandysmom
30-10-2008, 10:30 PM
Sultan could definitely say "Aooout" very clearly ....no question what he meant!

Elvisisboss
30-10-2008, 11:56 PM
I stick to English! Had a disasterous episode once when I first met my buddy's new blue Persian kitten. This was when I had my Siamese, and prided myself I spoke good Siamese, so greeted Sheba...she got a look of shock and horror on her little face,,,,and never liked me for the rest of her life! God knows what I said! :-D We laughed about that for years ...

I not only talk to Leia, I read the stocks and the weather to her every afternoon after lunch .... and no, I am not a crazy cat lady! :roll:

haha!! i wonder what you did say to her!!! :lol: :lol: :-D

Alfie is a very quiet cat so we tend to just have an 'esp' thing going on.

Kinsi when she is tired cuddles up and purrs with intermittent miaows. I miaow back at her (more a mirp/purr really) Last few days she's started to reply.

My cat Misty and I used to talk to each other all the time.

Yes, we probably are mad, but who cares.

dont think we are mad!! quite normal!!

although the plumber told me that i was a bit odd...to even have a cat! :shock: he said 'cats are rubbish get a real pet...a dog!' :evil: said that to me in my house! in front of Tay!! :evil: i was like 'no cats are great' so I purposely picked up Tay and was like 'ooo snuggle bum bum meowwwwww, chirp woowoo!!' doing his noises" then tay stole something from his tool box n run off! i was like 'ohh your soo naughty *giggles...not really i mean funny*' dont tell nasty old plumber that though! :roll: :-D

Smudge and I meow at each other but she gives me withering looks so I don't think my accent is very good.
I swear sometimes when we have locked the cat door and she is cross she marches up to me and says 'me out'

awww lol!! sometimes they do look at me like 'Why on earth are you trying to do what we do!!! but when they make noises/meow back i just think were having a good old convo!! :-D

Tina
31-10-2008, 01:31 AM
I talk kitty talk to my cats all the time. I can imitate Miw perfectly most of the time......though I can't imitate her meowy bark (not sure why she barks.....but she does when she gets really excited LOL!!). And Miw must always know what I'm talking about when we "meow chat" because she listens quite intently and responds.

Not so good at imitating Mouse, she's a bit squeaky (which is why her name is Mouse LOL!) and I must say things wrong to her because when I try to "meow talk" with her, she runs off like a crazy thing (likely to go laugh at me behind my back!)

meep
31-10-2008, 10:40 AM
We must try and all record our cats meows on camera and post them up! I love how varied they can be. I've never heard a meow like Minsky's. It's high pitched, and very 'gurggly' as if it's coming from the back of his throat, and SO loud :lol:

Elvisisboss
31-10-2008, 03:36 PM
We must try and all record our cats meows on camera and post them up! I love how varied they can be. I've never heard a meow like Minsky's. It's high pitched, and very 'gurggly' as if it's coming from the back of his throat, and SO loud :lol:

iv ebeen trying to record Tays for a while........... everytime the camera comrs out he shuts up & doesnt move!!! ARGH!

dandysmom
31-10-2008, 04:28 PM
Dandy had a weird meow, sounded rusty! I used to tease him that he needed oiling .....

Tanya
31-10-2008, 09:47 PM
I talk to Oli all the time - but in my language! He understands me, so thats good enough for me. I can also distinguish between his meows - so I know if he want me to change his litter or feed him. ;)

pk-bailey
31-10-2008, 11:58 PM
I do imitate Bailey, it confuses her abit.

I mainly coochy coo her alot...

main one is

"Where's the possom???" in a baby talkin voice!