PDA

View Full Version : Guinness vet visit

kado
27-10-2008, 01:33 PM
We have just got back from the vets with him. He had nasty scratches around his head only. The vet said its a flea alergy. She gave him and injection to calm the itch down. We also explained that frontline doesnt work as we only treated them all a month ago so she prescribed stronghold instead. We are going to get some stuff for the house tomorrow propper stuff this time from the vets. We didnt take enough money today for it. We always treated them every 6wks with frontline in the previous place we lived in so we didnt have fleas its only since we moved in here that we have had problems. I hate the b****y creatures.

jane

Moli
27-10-2008, 01:54 PM
Poor boy, he must have been so uncomfortable.....Least you now know what you are dealing with...Hope the Stronghold works quick for him.....Hugs...x

Mags
27-10-2008, 03:04 PM
Hope the Stronghold will soon get things under control, Jane...

PoshPuss
27-10-2008, 03:08 PM
Phew, it's a relief to get a diagnosis, Jane.
Poor old soul, and to think I thought he'd done it scrapping. Please accept my apologies Guinness :D

angieh
27-10-2008, 03:41 PM
Stronghold is what my vet prescribed last time I saw him. I think they are all waking up to the fact that Frontline (for whatever reason) no longer seems to work for a lot of people, although not for all.

Stronghold certainly seems to have worked for Merlin. Good luck Jane - it has the advantage of killing not only the adult fleas, but the larval and egg stages too.

dandysmom
27-10-2008, 04:53 PM
Pleased to hear you know the cause now, and can work on getting rid of the nasty things! Poor Guinness!

sammy
27-10-2008, 05:10 PM
Yep, I've had Frontline failures too, only use Stronghold now. Hope Guinness feels better soon.x

Natalie
27-10-2008, 07:29 PM
Good news Guinness on the diagnosis and fingers crossed the stronghold works a treat.

These puddy tats don't arf give us some stress x