PDA

View Full Version : Worried about Guinness

kado
27-10-2008, 12:03 AM
At the end of august guinness had a what looked like a scratch at the side of his head. We took him to the vets and it was treated with an ab injection followed by ab's for a week and he had a collar as well. It healed up and now its started of worser than before its at both sides of his head and under his chin. He was treated for fleas just before we took him to the vets. Nothing else has changed in him but i am going to take him to the vets tommorow to to get it checked out again. None of the other cats or animals have anything like this as well. He does go out occansionaly could he have touched something with his head. A friend of mine said last night it might be a dermatitas type infection. He is my big baby and i dont like to think anything could be upsetting him.

jane

Mags
27-10-2008, 12:05 AM
Poor Guiness, I hope the vet will give you something to ease it for him, Jane.....

Moli
27-10-2008, 12:16 AM
Poor boy, hope the vet can sort it out for him...sounds like some kind of skin problem...

calismum
27-10-2008, 12:20 AM
is it a scratch or a sore?

One of my male cats often had sore right on the wee pad of his chin and sometimes just above the end of his mouth. Vet thought it was to do with hormone imbalance? Can't for the life of remember what he gave me (it was early eighties)

Just a thought.

If it is a scratch perhaps he has done it to himself because of an irritation.

Hope you get to the bottom of it.

CM

kado
27-10-2008, 12:27 AM
I know he doesnt like one of the next door cats and he will have little fisty cuffs with him, I hate to say but he is quiet a whimp where other cats are and will run away most of the time, the only cat he does realy go for is kado. When it first started off it looked like a big scratch down the center of it. I wonder now if it became infected as he has itched it. I will mention to the vet about the hormone inbalance as well.

Kazz
27-10-2008, 10:46 AM
Poor lad, maybe he is reinfecting/keping open he site where the orginal injury was by scratching with his foot then reinfecting onstant circle...or maybe introduced another infection to the site from his foot???? it an difficult place on his head as he cannot lick and keep it clean. Or it could be itching him and he's rubbing it raw. Hope another dose of antibiotics and or steriods solve it.

Its horrible when they are poorly isn't it.

angieh
27-10-2008, 02:42 PM
Hope the vet can sort Guinness out Jane. It sounds like it may take a while to clear up.

PoshPuss
27-10-2008, 02:54 PM
Hope the vet can put your mind at rest, Jane.
Sounds like Guinness got scratched and got a little more than he bargained for this time around. Some skin infections can spread, despite our best preventative measures. Keep positive!