PDA

View Full Version : Perfume....

Moli
26-10-2008, 08:59 PM
Do you think perfume is made to attract the opposite sex???

angieh
26-10-2008, 09:02 PM
Interesting question Moli!

Perfume originally was probably made to cover up the natural scents that were meant to attract the opposite sex. Perhaps in themselves they have taken over the function of natural pheromones. Have to say that most perfume (male or female) makes my breathing bad - and that's not from lust!

Moli
26-10-2008, 09:11 PM
Interesting question Moli!

Perfume originally was probably made to cover up the natural scents that were meant to attract the opposite sex. Perhaps in themselves they have taken over the function of natural pheromones. Have to say that most perfume (male or female) makes my breathing bad - and that's not from lust!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Poor Angie:lol:

Mags
26-10-2008, 09:30 PM
Why Moli, what are you up to? :lol:

Moli
26-10-2008, 09:32 PM
Nothing Mags! blimey you are so suspicious!!:roll::lol:
Just wondered if it did attract the opposite sex as they say it does...:?

Erin
26-10-2008, 10:48 PM
I think it does,I love that jean paul gotea for men,I can smell it a mile off :lol:

dandysmom
26-10-2008, 10:50 PM
I think it probably did originate to cover up unpleasant smells when bathing daily wasn't an option for most people. And has probably morphed to an attractant now. But some people use it so heavily that it would seem to be more of a deterrant! Don't you hate being in the elevator with someone who's apparently applied a half bottle of perfume/aftershave.....????? Phew!

Moli
26-10-2008, 10:54 PM
I think it probably did originate to cover up unpleasant smells when bathing daily wasn't an option for most people. And has probably morphed to an attractant now. But some people use it so heavily that it would seem to be more of a deterrant! Don't you hate being in the elevator with someone who's apparently applied a half bottle of perfume/aftershave.....????? Phew!

Sure do DM, its especially bad in a hot shopping mall, all the different perfume/aftershaves together...

Kim
27-10-2008, 07:48 PM
I think it does too Moli. I love it when OH wears aftershave, very sexy!

meep
30-10-2008, 11:13 AM
There are some perfumes that have pheremones added to them (but not human ones, pig ones!! :shock:) They've done experiments and the ones with pheremones are more attractive to the opposite sex.

I like to think that by wearing one perfume, when OH smells it he thinks of me and it brings back nice, sensual memories together :) I'm very sensitive to smell, and it is nice when you're kissing to pick up a fragrance on the neck. Body heat makes it smell warmer too, and is very sensual... But I think it has to be subtle and only smelled in an embrace or kiss, not from a mile off!!

But I love nice fragrances. I love burning Jasmine oil, or Ylang Ylang, or Patchouli. It gives such a nice ambience.

angieh
30-10-2008, 12:01 PM
Here you are Moli - will this help you in your quest (whatever it is?!)

http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesweb/navigate.do?pPageID=200000805

CathyW
30-10-2008, 01:01 PM
i have manged to be lucky lately where it comes to perfume. i bought a full bottle of versace for £1-50 it wa full and an orginal. and a few ppl have said about it. i was pleased as the origanal price was 30 quid :)
and i also got a bottle of enernity won it in a tombola (1-00 )
i wear perfume and make up to make myself feel good. not to attract anyone (other than OH )