PDA

View Full Version : How long without water?

Steph
26-10-2008, 04:06 PM
Cleo got into a fight in the early hours and is feeling a bit low-just sleeping. I`m not too worried about her not eating and if she has a nasty wound I will contact the vet tomorrow.

It`s de-hydration that concerns me,how long would you let her rest before syringing some water down her throat??.

She does purr when I console her but the tail stays down ( probably where a wound is)and she just wants to find somewhere safe to sleep

angieh
26-10-2008, 04:11 PM
If she will take some water from a syringe I would go ahead Steph, rather than leave it. Any water that she takes would be good (presuming no internal injuries).

Steph
26-10-2008, 04:26 PM
My thinking as well-it`s a mouthful soon then-I`m quite experienced after having to get up every four hours to feed one after he got run over.

It`s a case of Dr Steph today, both my girls are in bed and feeling miserable-poor Jenny has an awful cold

angieh
26-10-2008, 04:28 PM
Good luck then Dr Steph. I expect Jenny could do with a drink too! (non-alcoholic of course)

Steph
26-10-2008, 04:41 PM
Cleo now dosed and never knew it had hit her-she woke and made butter and let me feel around her tail-nothing too serious I think-with luck just a saline wash later.

I woke Jenny as well-"greuh,cough I might get up soon"

At least humans let you know how they feel :-)

dandysmom
26-10-2008, 04:47 PM
Hope both of your poorly girls are feeling much better soon, Steph! How was France? Missed you at the quiz .....

angieh
26-10-2008, 04:50 PM
Very glad about Cleo Steph - keep an eye out for an abscess though Steph, if she has been bitten.

Hope Jenny feels better soon.

btw - did you enjoy your birthday en France?

Steph
26-10-2008, 05:15 PM
France was fantastic!!-really nice owners and a wonderful gite.

Odd weather-ice in the morning and sunbathing later.

I cannot condone forced feeding but I did try foie gras-it was sensational. On my birthday the owner of the place we were eating at played `Happy Bithday` and brought out a small cake with candles in it:D

Steph
27-10-2008, 07:35 PM
Just to let you all know both girls are a bit better-Cleo came to find me in the early hours for a cuddle.

She is still unsure about going outside-As she said "mugged outside my own cat flap is a bit much"

angieh
27-10-2008, 07:37 PM
Glad your girlies are on the mend Steph. Obviously because they had the good doctor Steph looking after them.

Poor Cleo - which dastardly cat mugged her, do you know?

Steph
27-10-2008, 07:52 PM
I do-a young tom who tries to come in for food.

He is quite attractive in his own way-just needs his balls chopped off. As far as I know there are no feral colnies around here-just another dumb owner

Steph
28-10-2008, 05:54 PM
£60 after. It was obvious this morning that Cleo was not comfortable so it was the vet after all.

Two nasty puncture wounds at the base of her tail-the poor girl must having been running for home.

So it`s anti biotics and anti inflamation/pain killer for a week.

I don`t blame the cat that did it just the stupid person who has not had their cat neutered:evil:

angieh
28-10-2008, 06:15 PM
Poor Cleo - lets hope the abs and aifs work wonders and make her feel more comfortable soon.

Have you got to bathe the wounds too?

I remember Merlin got bitten in around the same place many years ago. He had all the pills etc but still got an abscess and felt quite poorly until it finally burst.

dandysmom
28-10-2008, 09:14 PM
Poor Cleo! You are really being Dr, Steph lately! How's Jenny?