I fancy Tom to win ....he certainly has the right hip action..:lol:

Natalie
25-10-2008, 02:51 PM
I love it too and so do my girls.

Tom and Christine in the final....Tom to win :smt023

PoshPuss
25-10-2008, 04:30 PM
Followed every series, it's brill :-D
My faves this year; Tom and Cherie. I'm missing a good character tho like Julian Clary who used to give the judges a smart reply!
And whats up with Brucie ... doddery he IS!!! Time to sit back and comb his wig now. When he does those shuffles and begs applause, yeeech, its awful!

Mags
25-10-2008, 04:33 PM
Followed every series, it's brill :-D
My faves this year; Tom and Cherie. I'm missing a good character tho like Julian Clary who used to give the judges a smart reply!
And whats up with Brucie ... doddery he IS!!! Time to sit back and comb his wig now. When he does those shuffles and begs applause, yeeech, its awful!
Poor Brucie appears to be scraping the bottom of the barrel to get a few laughs, doesn't he?:? His 'humour' doesn't sound natural these days.... but he will insist on trying to prove he still 'has 'it' ..:roll:

candyshandy
25-10-2008, 09:03 PM
Tom!! Sexy doctor ;)

Mags
26-10-2008, 12:31 PM
Who do you think will leave tonight? :)

calismum
26-10-2008, 12:58 PM
Yeh, Brucie should stop trying for laughs.

I was rooting for Heather, probably 'cause I love her music, but think she'll prob go soon.

Tom will prob win - he is so good.

Natalie
26-10-2008, 03:47 PM
I think Mark should go tonight.

His dancing is very wooden but his pecs are very easy on the eye ;-)

candyshandy
26-10-2008, 04:51 PM
I agree - Mark just isn't that good. At least John has the entertainment factor.

alexgirl73
26-10-2008, 05:33 PM
oh I love John, he's just so cuddly lol. I agree Mark should go, but I'm still rooting for Christine.

Mags
26-10-2008, 06:15 PM
John is such a good sport, he'll have a go at anything and everyone loves him...:lol:

I think Mr Muscle, Mark or Heather will go out tonight...

Mags
07-11-2008, 01:16 PM
The choice of elimination is getting difficult now .........how much longer can John keep his place while he is so popular with the viewers?:D

I have a feeling that this will be his last week, though he has the cha cha on Saturday and may surprise us all!:lol: Cherie has also been struggling, I think Heather will again be in the bottom two...

This week's line up is........

Tom & Camilla - Quickstep
John & Kristina - Cha Cha
Austin & Erin - Rumba
Jodie & Ian - Samba
Christine & Matthew - Jive
Heather & Brian - Tango
Lisa & Brendan - Viennese Waltz
Rachel & Vincent - American Smooth
Cherie & James - Waltz

alexgirl73
07-11-2008, 02:12 PM
PLEASE will the people vote out Brendan. I just cannot stand him, waaay too sleazy lol.

Mags
07-11-2008, 04:12 PM
PLEASE will the people vote out Brendan. I just cannot stand him, waaay too sleazy lol.
He's been a good boy so far this series Alex, even the judges have found nothing to criticise him about..:-D

alexgirl73
07-11-2008, 09:08 PM
I know, but just looking at him makes me feel sick lol!! I'm still rooting for Christine.

PoshPuss
08-11-2008, 12:07 PM
I'm still behind Tom 100%, he's charming, but it's still very much an open field. I don't want Austin to win coz he's too goody-goody, but he dances well, it's just that there's no humour. Christine B.is lovely, I think her and Tom would look great together, esp doing American Smooth.

I think Craig is more mellow this year too, or maybe I'm getting immune to him :-D Arlene still gets up my nose!

Mags
16-11-2008, 10:40 PM
Wow!! :shock: I can't believe that John Sergeant will be dancing for another week .............. they weren't even in the dance-offs either!

Much as I think John and Kristina are good entertainment, it is making a bit of a mockery about the competition. I can see several of the professional dancer getting disheartened with the contest soon...:???:

Mags
19-11-2008, 02:42 PM
Breaking news!!!
John Sergeant has decided to pull out of the competition!! :shock:

He says he has been receiving such strong support from the public that there is a real danger that he might win the competition and he agrees that would be a joke too far.

He will return for this Saturday's show for a "farewell dance".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7737447.stm

We all agree he is no dancer but there is no doubt that he did give us great entertainment...:lol:

We'll miss you John! :D

yola
19-11-2008, 03:08 PM
I haven't been watching this, but I've enjoyed reading the fall-out from John Sargeant's graceful exit from the show online today :shock: I think he has done the right thing; the competition was starting to turn into a bit of a joke and I suspect there would eventually be a bit of a backlash against John's 'teddy bear' factor :D

angieh
19-11-2008, 03:34 PM
I think that's extremely sporting of him - can't remember which series of SCD that someone won just because he was a little sweetie and the girls fancied him, but it did turn the competition into a farce as much better dancers got voted out.

kim-marie
19-11-2008, 05:30 PM
Thats quite decent of him to go but i could honestly see him winning if he had continued,theres a lot of people out there who like him. I would like to see rachael stevens win i think,she is so dainty and a really good dancer and her partner is quite nice to

PoshPuss
19-11-2008, 10:01 PM
Watched SCD- It Takes Two, and lots of controversy about the JS decision to quit! Kristina was very upset, after all she's a fantastic dancer and like all the pro's ery competitive. All the judges wanted JS to stay in, a bit hypocritical if you as me, as they were giving him such a bad crit every week(!); lots of support for JS and his decision tho. Will miss him and his crazy footwork! that said , I never voted for him as I want Tom to win ... go TOM!!! :-D

Mags
19-12-2008, 01:15 PM
The Final tomorrow ladies, so who is your favourite to win now?

Lisa Snowdon and Brendon Cole
Rachel Stevens and Vincent Simone
Tom Chambers and Camilla Dallerup

I'm still going for Tom, he has so much enthusiasm and entertainment value...

Annestaff
19-12-2008, 02:22 PM
I'd like Tom to win but reckon Rachel Stevens will...

Mags
19-12-2008, 02:39 PM
I'd like Tom to win but reckon Rachel Stevens will...
Good hip action on your avatar Anne!;):lol:

PoshPuss
19-12-2008, 09:43 PM
Tom to win pleeeeeeeeeeze! I've watched him from the beginning and he's improved so much ( oh yes he has, Craig!) and he's been so humble and full of fun. Watched him with the others backstage and he's so supportive; esp to Lisa when Brendon stormed off in huff... tuh, he's an ass!Would cheer Lisa all the way but Brendon is a PITA!

Natalie
19-12-2008, 09:46 PM
Another Tom to win here too :-)

Mags
19-12-2008, 10:35 PM
According to the report many critics have said it is unfair that Rachel is in the final because she had dancing lessons when she was in the band......:?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7791508.stm

PoshPuss
21-12-2008, 12:07 AM
WOWSER!!! TOM AND CAMILLA .... Sorry I'm so excited the show dance was FAB-U-LUSSS! What a final, sorry for Rachel but there was no contest for me in the head to head. Lisa and Brendon's show dance was :? but never mind.
GO TOM AND CAMMY!!!

Mags
21-12-2008, 12:19 PM
What a great final that was ......I think they all deserved to be winners!:D

Tom and Camilla's Show Dance was fantastic .....sheer entertainment, enthusiasm and energy..:lol:

For me that has to be the best Strictly Come Dancing series yet!

candyshandy
21-12-2008, 12:50 PM
Yaayyy!! Tom's showdance was just fantastic!!

Kim
21-12-2008, 05:18 PM
I'm sure the showdance won it for Tom, it was absolutely amazing! He is very hot too!