PDA

View Full Version : Yah! ive been accepted as a Fosterer! :D

Elvisisboss
24-10-2008, 11:19 PM
I had a interview yesterday an and have been accepted by the cats protection league & the RSPCA in my area! *daNces* :-D

I am going to get my first foster in about 4weeks as i want my cat neutered first & to settle into our new home!

she told me all about it and said id be great :oops: as i told her all about me etc. will just be cats for now as i have so much experience with them & ill cats who need looking after. :D

might go onto dogs as i help out this lady who has 2 GSDs shes writing a ref for me!
but for now i just want cats as i have well over 11years of experience with ill cats so i feel like i can do a good job! :cat21

so my foster will either be a cat who has had a operation and need medication, which im used to giving alot! or some kittens who need to be socialized ready for new homes!

i am so excited it will be so lovely to help out i can not wait!
my dad has told me not to get too attached but in my eyes i am helping them on there way to forever homes, they arent mine to keep!

so i will update you when i get my first foster in about 4weeks i hope! x :D

Mags
24-10-2008, 11:22 PM
Well done EB, I hope it all goes well for you...:D

calismum
24-10-2008, 11:24 PM
well done you :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt041 :smt041 :pom

pics will be expected you know?

Elvisisboss
24-10-2008, 11:26 PM
hiya thank you so much! :D

i am so excited! :D

lol i wll take lots of pics!! :D not sure what i will be getting as my first foster, might be some kittens as im at home all day, or a cat that needs lots of looking after!

cant wait though! x :D

Moli
24-10-2008, 11:49 PM
Congratulations....
Its great fun fostering kittens....!

Elvisisboss
24-10-2008, 11:53 PM
Congratulations....
Its great fun fostering kittens....!

aww thanks! :D lol! i thought it would be! would nice to have them running about lol!! :lol:

Moli
24-10-2008, 11:56 PM
aww thanks! :D lol! i thought it would be! would nice to have them running about lol!! :lol:

Mind you, you need eyes in the back of your head!!:lol: :lol:

Elvisisboss
25-10-2008, 01:29 AM
Mind you, you need eyes in the back of your head!!:lol: :lol:

lol! oh dont i know! already grown 4 more eyes since the little sod arrived! :lol: :-D lucky i have to keep them in 1 room with lots of hiding places no doubt! :D

angieh
25-10-2008, 01:15 PM
That's such exciting news EB! Look forward to hearing about your "charges". I'm not sure I could do it - it would be the getting too fond of them that would be my downfall, especially the kittens!

smudgley
25-10-2008, 02:26 PM
how exciting.
So did you go with CP or RSPCA or both?

{PS it's called Cats Protection now not Cats Protection League as it dropped the league bit many years ago, although lots of people still call it CPL}

Natalie
25-10-2008, 02:59 PM
Thats superb news EB. I bet your over the moon. May it be the start of many happy cats and dogs.

Elvisisboss
25-10-2008, 04:38 PM
That's such exciting news EB! Look forward to hearing about your "charges". I'm not sure I could do it - it would be the getting too fond of them that would be my downfall, especially the kittens!

lol oh i know itll be hard! but its a good thing to do and to be honest i know looking after a ill cat or kitten will get them a life long home

my cat has just walked in front of my fac tail swinging.........iwodner if i am typing without spelling kmistakes? :-D

ooo a few there flippin tail!!! :-D

how exciting.
So did you go with CP or RSPCA or both?

{PS it's called Cats Protection now not Cats Protection League as it dropped the league bit many years ago, although lots of people still call it CPL}

is it??????? :oops: :oops: never even realized!

i have gone with the RSPCA i really got on well with the lady and felt more connected with her and the cats she had :D not to say i wont help out the other place in future i guess, but for now the RSPCA :D

Kazz
25-10-2008, 06:04 PM
Hiya.....many many congratualtions you knwo the way we are going on here we will soon have all the cp branches covered.....

Darky
25-10-2008, 07:10 PM
Congratulations!!

I bet you'll do a fabulous job. I have so much respect for fosterers.

meep
25-10-2008, 07:20 PM
Fantastic news, congratulations! You're going to be great fosterer I'm sure :) Looking forward to hearing about your new fosters soon!

dandysmom
25-10-2008, 08:36 PM
That's wonderful news! I too have great respect for fosterers; I couldn't do it as I'd want to keep them all!!!!

Elvisisboss
25-10-2008, 09:50 PM
aw thanks! :D :D

i cant wait to get them and get going! im allowing people over my house as well so when they want to visit the 'foster' instead of me taking it back to the cattery they will come straight to my house!! i can give them more of a description of the personality's then....and check them out of course! ;) :D :D hehe!!

just had another lady get back to me a local small rescue in the next town over as i emailed her she said she is going to put me 'out there!!' oh dear!! ill have a zoo in a few weeks! :D

Aslanda
26-10-2008, 11:26 PM
Congratulations on becoming a Foster Mom!!

I don't think I would be able to do that, because I would get too attached to them, & then have to let go.