PDA

View Full Version : Am I missing anything?

Natalie
23-10-2008, 06:19 PM
It's about 40 hours, not that I'm counting till we collect Koko. He comes with his own litter tray, food etc and we are going to get a radiator bed, scratching post, collar and tag and bed for him tomorrow. I already have food and bowls etc but wondered if I'm missing anything or can anybody suggest something he might need? It's been 11 years since I had a kitten. He is 4 months old.

Of course I shall supply trust, love and cuddles a plenty myself too

Mags
23-10-2008, 06:28 PM
You appear to have thought of the most important things Nat.......does a poop scoop come with the litter tray?

The only other thing I can think of is plenty of batteries on charge for the photos! ;):lol:

Natalie
23-10-2008, 06:30 PM
You appear to have thought of the most important things Nat.......does a poop scoop come with the litter tray?

The only other thing I can think of is plenty of batteries on charge for the photos! ;):lol:

Camera..DUH no I havent charged it up. Good thinking Batman :smt023

I have a poop scoop thingy but do I need litter tray liners?

kim-marie
23-10-2008, 06:38 PM
Thats a lovely name for him,what about some toys for him to play with,i have recently got a 9 week old kitten,we have had him 2 weeks now and he doesnt stop playing with his katnip mouse and some catballs which he wizzes round the house playing footy with them

cats' staff
23-10-2008, 07:54 PM
Sounds like everything is ready! I wouldn't go for litter tray liners myself- my lot just scratch them up so you clear away shredded plastic as well as litter. The less plastic we can chuck away the better too!

Lost of photos please- he looks a little sweetie!

dandysmom
23-10-2008, 08:07 PM
I agree. you seem to have all the bases covered! I don't use plastic liners either, same reason as Cats'Staff. And we recently had a thread about things around the house toys as opposed to bought toys...I believe you read that one. Although a ping pong ball and a catnip mouse are always nice to have.....

angieh
23-10-2008, 08:38 PM
I am so looking forward to the photos!

Do hope he settles in well. It will be strange for him at first, so go easy!

Moli
23-10-2008, 11:20 PM
Straws, and inside of loo rolls and kitchen roll are a firm favourite here...

Natalie
24-10-2008, 01:20 AM
Mmm wasn't going to get any bought toys but see what he fancied from around the house but I think a cat nip mouse is in order.

Thanks for the tip on the liners. I never used them before but thought about them. Shall not bother.

I'm expecting him to cry all weekend for his mum and all his brothers and sisters, so we are staying home and having a nice relaxed weekend to settle him in. Might have to put Poppy in a straight jacket though?????

Thanks for the help as always

dandysmom
24-10-2008, 02:35 AM
Mmm wasn't going to get any bought toys but see what he fancied from around the house but I think a cat nip mouse is in order.

Thanks for the tip on the liners. I never used them before but thought about them. Shall not bother.

I'm expecting him to cry all weekend for his mum and all his brothers and sisters, so we are staying home and having a nice relaxed weekend to settle him in. Might have to put Poppy in a straight jacket though?????

Thanks for the help as always

He might just surprise you, Nat! My little Siamese boy didn't seem to miss his family at all...went about the house happily exploring all the new things and smells, ate, used the litter box and went to sleep with me! :D

Natalie
24-10-2008, 03:54 AM
He might just surprise you, Nat! My little Siamese boy didn't seem to miss his family at all...went about the house happily exploring all the new things and smells, ate, used the litter box and went to sleep with me! :D

Aww that's so cute. He must have known what a wonderful new home he had and settled straight away.

dinahsmum
24-10-2008, 08:38 AM
I don't think he'll cry either.
Pedigrees leave the nest at a much later age than moggies and are well formed little feline people.
He'll soon get you licked into the shape he wants :roll: