PDA

View Full Version : Worrying news from Yahoo

PoshPuss
23-10-2008, 05:00 PM
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/18/20081023/tuk-charity-concerned-over-mystery-of-va-a7ad41d.html

Apologies for my ignorance of geography but where is Stourbridge? and any Catsey members in the area?:(
Please keep your kitties safe, :shock:

Elaine
23-10-2008, 05:04 PM
Oh dear:(
I think thats where Smudgley is.

yola
23-10-2008, 05:06 PM
Yes, it is. It's in the West Midlands. I saw this and it's ever so alarming :(

Natalie
23-10-2008, 05:21 PM
That is tragic :cry: I'm so upset now...these things really get to me

angieh
23-10-2008, 05:26 PM
How dreadful. What's happening to those poor cats?

kim-marie
23-10-2008, 05:29 PM
Yeah i read it in the daily paper,its unbelievable and what a worry for all them people,dont know what i would do if it was in my area

dandysmom
23-10-2008, 08:12 PM
That's scary! Thanks for posting; hope Smudgley reads it; although I suspect she may already know! John would go out of his mind if Bluebell were to vanish......

Emmaandhercats
23-10-2008, 08:30 PM
I have just read this in a daily paper. It is so strange and weird...Cant think for the life of me what could have happened to them.
Anyone like to comment on what they think? Conspiricy???
Possibly a research lab in a nearby town? I dont know, tho surely that doesnot happen or am i being nieve?
Either way it needs to get sorted for the poor cats sake, and their owners, cant imagine what they have gone through. To loose a cat to death, incidents or just old age is surely very sad, but to not know what is happening AT ALL must be much worse.

Hope someone figures it out.
x

LorrH
23-10-2008, 08:34 PM
Hi

Been reading about the missing cats and there sure is something fishy going on, especially not finding the bodies. Anyway, I've sent a note to The Sun newspaper group to ask them to check out the local takeaways. I know this may sound silly, but when I was a little girl I can remember my Mother telling me a story of a friend's 2 sons who were both at Bristol Uni. they went for a local chinese takeaway and found a bone in their meal, they decided to take it to the Uni. lab for testing and guess what, yes it was a cat bone!

Hope it's not the case, but hopefully, The Sun being how they are may just follow the lead up and put some minds at rest either way.

LorrH

Emmaandhercats
23-10-2008, 08:49 PM
Hi

Been reading about the missing cats and there sure is something fishy going on, especially not finding the bodies. Anyway, I've sent a note to The Sun newspaper group to ask them to check out the local takeaways. I know this may sound silly, but when I was a little girl I can remember my Mother telling me a story of a friend's 2 sons who were both at Bristol Uni. they went for a local chinese takeaway and found a bone in their meal, they decided to take it to the Uni. lab for testing and guess what, yes it was a cat bone!

Hope it's not the case, but hopefully, The Sun being how they are may just follow the lead up and put some minds at rest either way.

LorrH

Yes the sun would prob follow it up, i dont read the paper but know of its reputation for 'crazy' stories like this. My god, could you imagine if that was true:shock: i dont think i would eat a takeaway again! Just the thought of it:?
x

dandysmom
23-10-2008, 09:24 PM
I;m quite inclined to think that's an urban legend about the takeaways. But it's the lack of closure that's so awful for the people who've lost their cats.

calismum
23-10-2008, 09:29 PM
How awful. I can't imagine how these people must feel. The strange thing is, cats are not always the easiest creatures to catch if they don't know you.