PDA

View Full Version : "Hide and Seek"

meep
23-10-2008, 04:35 PM
Minsky has developed the most adorable habit since we put up our curtains.

The ones in the living room and very long (big windows) and come down to about 1 1/2 feet off the ground. Minsky has a habit of yowling really loudly whilst he's in the other room alone, and when I go throw he looks at me like "hello!" - obviously crying for attention. I've worked how he only yowls like that when alone, it must be his 'come find me!' meow!

So, he's startd hiding behind the curtain and yowling in the same way. Except, when he sits behind the curtain it's only his head that is covered, but his body is visible underneath. So you look over and see a cat with his head behind the curtain, sitting primly with tail wrapped around his feet, yowling as loud as he can, as if to say "come find me!" not realising we can see him :lol:

I laughed so hard the first time he did it, and it's now a regular habit. I don't think he's twigged that we can actually see him, he thinks he's craftily hidden behind this new amazing toy his two-legged friends put up.

I need to try and get it on camera, a priceless picture indeed!

dinahsmum
23-10-2008, 04:37 PM
Brilliant!
He's got you well and truly wrapped around his little furry paws, hasn't he?

Elaine
23-10-2008, 04:40 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: that made me chuckle, bless him :lol: :lol: :lol:

I used to have a blind kitty, I also had gerbils too. Mutley used to try to get to the gerbils as he could hear them scurry around. The tv sat infron of where the gerbil tank was. Mutley would climb up and crouch down behind ornaments etc, I think he thought that because he couldnt see us, we couldnt see him. It used to make me laugh alot.

meep
23-10-2008, 04:55 PM
He tried to wrap us round his paws, the constant yowling would suggest that he thinks he has, but I only run through to see what's wrong 9 times out of then, so he's not 100% spoilt ;)

Elaine, that's so lovely! And Mutley's such a cute name. It must be a cat thing, they think they're invisible at points :roll:

Moli
23-10-2008, 05:02 PM
I have noticed that, if a cats head is covered, they think they are hidden.....Mine do it all the time, stick their heads in the tunnel, the back end is hanging out, but they seem to think they are invisable...:roll: :lol:

angieh
23-10-2008, 05:11 PM
Please try and get a photo of Minsky meep! Had me chuckling too!

Elaine
23-10-2008, 05:46 PM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a398/ElainePirie/Misc/Picture161.jpg

This was my blind boy, Winstons bro, Mutley.

Moli
23-10-2008, 05:47 PM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a398/ElainePirie/Misc/Picture161.jpg

This was my blind boy, Winstons bro, Mutley.

Aww, bless him, what a lovely boy....:)

Elaine
23-10-2008, 05:52 PM
He was and funnily enough as the title of Meeps thread says, we actually used to play hide and seek. I used to run and hide, call his name and would come looking for me.:lol:
Sorry Meep for hyjacking your thread.

meep
23-10-2008, 06:55 PM
Not at all Elaine, it's lovely to hear about him :) What a lovely picture of him, such an inqusitive face!

I'll try my best to get a picture, or even better a video, of Minsky. I've never heard a cat yowl like him before, pulls at the heart strings so it does. Cat who cried wolf I tell you :roll:

Elvisisboss
23-10-2008, 11:58 PM
LOL!! must see pics!!! :D :D

dandysmom
24-10-2008, 02:46 AM
That;s so cute! I think most cats believe that "if-I-can't -see-you-you-can't -see-me" thing...Leia does it in her tunnel..head well concealed and tail sticking out very obviously...and we play the "Where's Leia???" game! Do try for pics!

meep
24-10-2008, 09:33 AM
Oh I will, definately :) I'll hopefully get some tonight. He was yowling his head off this morning, as I started playing with a bit of shoelace with him then had to hurry off to get ready for work, and he let out the most indignant yowl as if to say "we've not finished playing yet! get back here!" :roll:

That's such a cute image of Leia, especially the idea of her gorgeous tail peeping out. Bless!