PDA

View Full Version : to neuter now? or to neuter later?? that is the question!

Elvisisboss
22-10-2008, 03:26 PM
Taylor is now 5 Months & 1 week old

today............ the little sod 'sprayed'!!! i am assuming for the first time as he was SOooo excited about it..he started to lick it EWWWWWWwwwwww dirty boy!!!!!! :lol:

luckily i caught him and put vinegar on the area I read that it was good for cat wee stains! luckily it was on the window seal so easy to get off! the vinegar then put him off of going near it so that was good!

The question is i do not want him learning this behavior but my vet said it was best to wait until 9 months to neuter........does it really matter?

I am moving within 2 weeks and its carpet i do not want little spray marks in the brand new carpet! nor do i want him learning this behavior! so better to neuter now rather than wait 4 long more months?

ETA just phoned them and they said dont know why the vet told you that we do it at 6 months?! so i have booked him in for the 14th Nov! :D

yola
22-10-2008, 04:03 PM
Yes, 9 months is much too late. If he's to go outside he could already be wreaking havoc amongst the unnuetered female cat population.

Elvisisboss
22-10-2008, 04:47 PM
hiya if you read my ETA bit his booked in for 14th nov!

id never let a un-neutered cat outside either! so id never have that problem! he wont go out till his neutered so thatll be dec time by the time his allowed out, thats even if i decide to let him, might be a cattery thing instead!

dinahsmum
22-10-2008, 05:05 PM
6 months is a good age.
And you really don't want him spraying your new place

Elvisisboss
22-10-2008, 06:14 PM
6 months is a good age.
And you really don't want him spraying your new place

no i dont! well he is all booked in now! wonder why that vett old me to wait? ah well!