PDA

View Full Version : So very very chuffed at the vets,

Kazz
21-10-2008, 07:38 PM
Took Sal (SBT) to the vets today for her booster and to pick up some stronghold. Came out of the vet Surgery and went round to the desk to pay. At the desk was a man and lady with a Jack Russell his wife went out while he was paying as the door opened a chap stepped in with a Xbreed terrier type of dog.. who was straining at the end of his lead to get at Sal, and this JR...the Xbreed was growling and barking...not overly friendly. I leaned against the wall out of reach (still inside the vets) and got Sal to sit down, she just laid down head on my foot (ears up though while watching this Xbreed) the chap with the JR backed up to by me....his dog had a few goes back at the Xbreed then he picked him up......ahhh to have a breed I could pop under an arm.
The vet came round to see what the fuss was and the chap with the X breed *this is where I almost lost it* said to the vet...."Its the Staffie" (yes mine who was lying flat out staffie style head on my trainer) before I or the JR owner could repy the vet said "Sir, I think you need the opticians opposite, as I see your dog lunging barking growling....you unable or unwilling to stop him and the Stafford lying down with her head on her owners foot....my perception is its your dog....I'll hold the door while you leave"

Could have knocked me over with a feather, well I know my vet is good but tell you what he's gone right up in my estimation....may have lost the Xbreed owner as a customer but I'll be there forever.

Natalie
21-10-2008, 07:47 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Big pats on the back to the vet and hope the idiot dog owner took his dented male pride as far away as possible.

Well done Sal :)

yola
21-10-2008, 07:49 PM
That is such a brilliant response.

I suspect it was wasted on the owner of the unruly dog because these types will always want someone else to blame. But I think you've probably got a good 'un there in terms of your vet (and of course in terms of Sal) :D

Phoenix
21-10-2008, 07:51 PM
Well done to the vet (and to Sal!)

Elaine
21-10-2008, 07:53 PM
Brilliant come back from your vet:D

Kazz
21-10-2008, 07:54 PM
Well on the QT we go in quick jab 2 seconds....and the vet spent about 5 minutes playing hunt the treat with her the vet crouches down on his hunches and Sal sits then he shows her a treat they have big jars of them in the surgeries like vetzyme tablets) then he puts his hand behind his back and sayd find it girl and off she goes nudging his hand and finding the hand with the treat.
All the vets in the practice are good. And of course she adore the vets always has.

Kazz
21-10-2008, 08:07 PM
Oh and sadly when I had paid and left the chap with the Xbreed was no where in sight.....,,,otherwise I would have smiled nicely and then waved as I drove off...........:)

alexgirl73
21-10-2008, 09:04 PM
lol, loving your vet Karen! I'd be sending him a nice big box of chocs!!

dandysmom
21-10-2008, 09:55 PM
Oh, well done your vet!!!!!!

Mags
21-10-2008, 09:57 PM
That was good to read Kazz........ well done your vet and your well behaved Sal..:D

Moli
21-10-2008, 10:15 PM
Just goes to show what a well brought up girl your Sal is Kazz, well done to you.....and proves Staffies are indeed lovely pets when brought up properlyYou should be proud of her...

Kazz
21-10-2008, 10:35 PM
Thanks all Sal is good she also knows how much she is allowed to do........;)

Kim
23-10-2008, 08:21 PM
Well done to the vet and Sal :)

angieh
23-10-2008, 08:30 PM
Well - can't believe the bare faced cheek of the man with the X-breed in the first place - to blame your innocent Sal.

But well done vet for seeing right was done and very well done Sal for being a very good well behaved girlie!