PDA

View Full Version : Toys!!

Moli
20-10-2008, 11:19 PM
Those kittens have a kitten sized scratchy pole, and I went today and bought them loads of toys, and what are they having the most fun with..............The inside of a kitchen roll and the inside of a toilet roll!!!!:roll:

Mags
20-10-2008, 11:26 PM
Typical kitties ........ the pet industry must laugh at us spending our money on toys when we all know they would rather play with home made ones!:lol:

dandysmom
20-10-2008, 11:50 PM
That is so typical! Paper bags, newspaper tents, boxes, a scrunched up ball of foil, a long stemmed grasshead, old shoelaces, toilet paper rolls...why do we bother buying things? Cats have such vivid imaginations they can make a toy of anything!

alexgirl73
21-10-2008, 08:11 AM
lol! I gave up giving any of mine toys, just gave them an old sock (which they loved for some strange reason), a scratch pole, some scrunched up tin foil, and an old christmas tree bauble!!

Natalie
21-10-2008, 08:58 AM
Lol, glad you posted this Moli. You have saved me a small fortune in toys for our new addition.

Must get my blue peter thinking cap on.

Belle loves the plastic tape measure!

PoshPuss
21-10-2008, 09:23 AM
Posh doesn't seem to get excited about playing but now and again she gets a manic phase on and will 'hunt' anything, slippers, Bron's tail, coat belts. She gets up a head of speed and races around the bungalow like a thing possessed, ears flat, eyes agog; then screeches to a halt and composes herself as if nothing has happened :-D
It's usually in the late evening after she's used her litter tray. Is there some kind of connection?

Moli
21-10-2008, 09:50 AM
Mine are the same PP, come about 10.30pm, and Oliver and Casper have a mad half hour.....!!!

dandysmom
21-10-2008, 04:19 PM
We always called it the "midnight crazies" !! Even staid, laid back Leia does it now and again!

Kazz
21-10-2008, 06:52 PM
Feathers are good to.
As are scrunched up socks, paper bags and or newpaper tents....and scrunched up newspaper.
Pipe cleaners are fascinating as are chestnuts (kitten sized) and walnuts when older;
Don't forget ping pong balls.......perfection for kittens and cats.
Straws are great too.
As are lengths of newpaper (rolled up and tied together in the centre ie 4 bits (kitten heaven)
And an old belt from a dressing gown is great.

dandysmom
21-10-2008, 09:06 PM
Oh, I forgot feathers! I always pick up dropped big ones from crows or pigeons, Leia loves them! And Matron mentioned tape measures... mine have loved the retractable metal kind that live in a case: they love it when you push the rewind button and "woosh" it vanishes quickly! Lots of fun with that!