PDA

View Full Version : Have you tried this food!

LorrH
20-10-2008, 09:54 PM
At the weekend I bought Applaws cat food from Pets at Home, it was quite expensive £6.99 for a mix of 12, but as Cactus was still partial to sickness after eating most other types of wet food (even though I only put small amounts at a time down), I thought I would see how she got on with it.

It's fantastic:D , doesn't smell like 'cat food' and has natural ingredients such as chicken, pumpkin and only cooking water. Cactus loved it and as she has a bit of a sneezy cold at the moment I really think it's done her good! The tins are only small, but just enough for her (she has 2 per day, different mix).:cat10

Lorr

Elvisisboss
21-10-2008, 04:35 PM
oooo i was going to get some of that from Zooplus!

might try it now thanks! :D

oh just remembered was there a can of this free with last months your cat? if it was Taylor loved it! :D

Elaine
21-10-2008, 06:51 PM
My cats love applaws. They dont get it all the time but they do love it.

Natalie
21-10-2008, 07:23 PM
Might have to try that out....Thanks for the tip :)

Elvisisboss
23-10-2008, 11:53 PM
just wanted to say if you contact them direct they will send you out a few tins, they just have for me :)

they also said that it is meant to be fed on top of a complete food diet & they are bringing out dry food next year :D

Fran
24-10-2008, 08:49 AM
Yup all mine love Applaws. Don't feed it all the time as don't want to make them 'fussy' but yes absolutely brilliant food. It isn't a complete diet only a complimentary food so you have so feed something else alongside it.

Phoenix
24-10-2008, 07:41 PM
I've tried Beauty with it and no matter how she's feeling she always finds room in her tummy for it! :-P

calismum
24-10-2008, 10:03 PM
I bought few tins to try and encourage Alfie to eat lots, didn't need much encouragement. He even groweled at Kinsi when she tried to steal a bit. (usually he just lets her have a bite or two of his dinner) Will get some more as I'm trying to get weight on him. It smells great too.

CM

angieh
24-10-2008, 11:13 PM
Oh I'm going to get some for Merlin - he's going through a particularly fussy phase over the last few days. Can't keep roasting chicken for him!

What else would people recommend be fed alongside?

calismum
24-10-2008, 11:19 PM
Alfie is really into natures best as well (tho' not as much as this stuff) The one he had was salmon and prawn.

Elvisisboss
24-10-2008, 11:27 PM
Oh I'm going to get some for Merlin - he's going through a particularly fussy phase over the last few days. Can't keep roasting chicken for him!

What else would people recommend be fed alongside?

when i spoke to the actual company...who will send you out some free tines if you email/phone them!

they said feed along side a complete diet ::D x

furriefriend
15-11-2008, 01:20 PM
Sounds good will give it a try, have emailed for a sample fingers crossed. Like you puss's name Cactus its great

candyshandy
15-11-2008, 01:46 PM
I feed Bam Bam Applaws and he cleans the bowl. He also has RC persian biscuits. I just wish Foofoo would eat it because Bam Bam likes to polish her bowl off but her food gives him a runny bum. Not great on a high white and black cat!!

za9za00
04-12-2008, 11:12 PM
Sainsbury's sell a product called Encore, this is actually Applaws but in a different tin.

Elvisisboss
06-12-2008, 12:44 PM
Sainsbury's sell a product called Encore, this is actually Applaws but in a different tin.

really? how do you know that?!
whats the difference price wise??

za9za00
08-12-2008, 12:17 AM
really? how do you know that?!
whats the difference price wise??

I'm in the trade. They only have the small tines available and they are cheaper than applaws. However, if you are buying larger quantities zooplus (www.zooplus.co.uk) are the cheapest if you spend over £29.00 delivery is free and small applaws tins are about 51p. They also stock Porta 31 and Cosma which are similar to applaws but cheaper

Andrew

Elvisisboss
08-12-2008, 03:44 PM
oo well i bought some in sainsburys! £4.79 for 8 tins, wish i hadnt bothered really quite expensive and neither cat likes it! yet they love alpaws!!!

dandysmom
08-12-2008, 05:48 PM
I'd love to try this for my picky puss, but neither Applaws nor Encore are available in the States ......:(

angieh
08-12-2008, 06:19 PM
when i spoke to the actual company...who will send you out some free tines if you email/phone them!

they said feed along side a complete diet ::D x

Do you have their email addy EB? I looked on the web but wasn't absolutely sure that I wasn't looking at another distributor - is it applaws-direct?

Elvisisboss
10-12-2008, 12:18 PM
Do you have their email addy EB? I looked on the web but wasn't absolutely sure that I wasn't looking at another distributor - is it applaws-direct?

Hiya! this is the email that I used! they emailed me back within about 24hours :)

info@mpmproducts.co.uk

angieh
10-12-2008, 01:42 PM
Many thanks EB - I'm going to try for some samples!

Edited to say: I have sent me email! I'll let you know the outcome.

Elvisisboss
13-12-2008, 11:07 AM
hiya! i had a nice lady email me back she sent out 2 tins of puppy food & 4 cans of cat food!

let me know what she says as i was impressed by them! :D

angieh
13-12-2008, 01:22 PM
I haven't had a response to my email yet!

I did buy a couple of tins yesterday though - Christmas treat for Uncle Merlin.

angieh
19-12-2008, 10:23 AM
Just thought I'd let you know that I received samples yesterday! I was chuffed - wonder if Merlin will feel the same.

Elvisisboss
20-12-2008, 07:58 PM
yah!!! hope they love them!! :D