PDA

View Full Version : Feeding the birds

smudgley
20-10-2008, 08:55 PM
We've never really fed the birds at home, with the cats being such stalkers we've never fed them. But I was looking out of my window at work the other day & noticed a little robin scratting around on the empty bird table :shock: It suddenly occured to me, that the bird table has been there for ages & all the people who were in my office before me used to feed them. :oops: I felt really bad, then I paid more attention & noticed lots of birds scratting around on there. :oops: I crumbled up a digestive biscuit for them & promply bought some bird seed & John & the girls have spent this evening making bird cakes. I can't wait to see their little faces. :) I can't belive it never occured to me before now. We've been in the new office a few months now. Poor birdies.

Moli
20-10-2008, 09:18 PM
I have always fed the birds, think they get used to the cats, and know how to avoid them..

alexgirl73
20-10-2008, 09:18 PM
you meanie lol!!! I love feeding the birds in my garden, but they are all ignoring me now for my next door neighbour, who bought 3 of those fancy feeding station things with loads of hanging bits for putting different types of food lol.

You'll need to get some pics for us now Smudgley.

dandysmom
20-10-2008, 09:34 PM
I've always fed the birds (and the damned squirrels too, reluctantly), as mine are indoor cats. Although little Onyx used to skulk around it a bit...how I miss that wee girl!
Pics would be nice, Smudgley!

smudgley
20-10-2008, 10:02 PM
I have always fed the birds, think they get used to the cats, and know how to avoid them..

I don't think any bird would ever get used to Smudge - she's terrible.

I think pictures would be good. I'm on a course for a couple of days so it will be Thursday before I'm back in the office. Will try & get pics for you all. (Not promising though as I never seem to get round to pics any more) :roll:

Mags
20-10-2008, 10:09 PM
. (Not promising though as I never seem to get round to pics any more) :roll:

So we've noticed! ;) :lol:

dandysmom
20-10-2008, 10:24 PM
[/b]

Let's all chant:

We want Bluebell!
We want Smudge!
We want Emily!!

:-D

dandysmom
20-10-2008, 10:29 PM
[/b]

Let's all chant:

We Want Bluebell!
We want Smudge!
We want Emily!!

Smudgley works so very hard.
Cats are playing in her yard
But we never see their pics!
I really really need a fix!

Mags
20-10-2008, 10:30 PM
Let's all chant:

We want Bluebell!
We want Smudge!
We want Emily!!

:-D

......plus any rescues you may have in!;)

Kazz
21-10-2008, 12:48 PM
Kelly you will fine the birds are back because they need a little extra in the winter they will have been fine. But once you start get ready to be "hounded by them"