PDA

View Full Version : Catsey calendar?

angieh
20-10-2008, 03:19 PM
I am sure that there are enough wonderful pictures of our favourite friends to make a jolly decent Catsey calendar!

And I am sure that there is forum member with the necessary software/computer skills to do it.

Is this something that we could do, just for us (copies of the finished article could just be emailed, providing recipients can open whatever program - perhaps a .pdf file) and not necessarily printed off unless that's what individuals want to do.

We could always nominate a charity, say CP, for donations.

What do members think? :D

yola
20-10-2008, 03:59 PM
Well being a (lapsed) designer I could certainly put a calender together! Would need quite high resolution images for it to work as a printable thing rather than an online thing :D

However I was concerned when I read this that our illustrious group would have to pose behind vases of flowers and hide their modesty LOL!! But as it's only cats in the calendar I can breathe a sigh of relief :lol:

meep
20-10-2008, 04:32 PM
Oh what a wonderful idea! Sadly my two can't pose beside spring-like daffodils or wintery snow-covered trees as they're indoor only. But it'd be great to see all our feline friends together in a finished product like that :)

dandysmom
20-10-2008, 04:58 PM
I think it's a super idea! Yola, would the pics we normally post be of sufficient resolution? I don't have a printer, alas, but sure I could ask someone to run off a copy for me. That would be fantastic...a new Catsey cat to look at every month. How in the world could we narrow it down to only 12 cats with all ther gorgeous ones here.....? A poll?

angieh
20-10-2008, 05:00 PM
Well being a (lapsed) designer I could certainly put a calender together! Would need quite high resolution images for it to work as a printable thing rather than an online thing :D

However I was concerned when I read this that our illustrious group would have to pose behind vases of flowers and hide their modesty LOL!! But as it's only cats in the calendar I can breathe a sigh of relief :lol:

:-D :-D :-D :-D Do you think I would suggest such a thing????

About the high res thing though Yola - what sort of resolution would you need? I hadn't thought about that.

angieh
20-10-2008, 05:02 PM
I think it's a super idea! Yola, would the pics we normally post be of sufficient resolution? I don't have a printer, alas, but sure I could ask someone to run off a copy for me. That would be fantastic...a new Catsey cat to look at every month. How in the world could we narrow it down to only 12 cats with all ther gorgeous ones here.....? A poll?

I had thought about that, and indeed, that would be one option; although some of the months could have multiple images, but all depends on the resolution I guess.

I had thought about asking if people wanted to use images that had won previous photo competitions but they might not fit this high resolution criteria, as I suspect we are not all the owners of such technology!

yola
20-10-2008, 05:37 PM
They'd need to be at least 300dpi at the chosen size. So if the calendar were A4 and the images (for example), 10cm x 15xm the 300dpi resolution would have to be at that size otherwise it'd come out all speckly and horrible.

Yes, how to chose 12 cats out of the many lovely ones we have here . . . we could set a theme and pick? So they could be themed as to season and then we select the 3 best? Just a thought.

kado
20-10-2008, 05:39 PM
Brilliant idea. I once got a calendar with a cat for every day of the year. The trouble with that is that it was so nice i didnt write on it.

CathyW
20-10-2008, 07:13 PM
what a good idea, im up for that. or should i say the boys are LOL

dandysmom
20-10-2008, 07:54 PM
Help out a techno-handicapped person here: how would I find out what dpi my camera takes? Its a Nixon Coolpix L 2.

And I like Yola's idea of themed to the season and a poll to pick the best three.....

yola
20-10-2008, 08:11 PM
Eileen, you would need to set you camera to high/large resolution. Most allow for different resolutions (sizes) of image.

It's only when you download the picture and check its properties (or in the case of MAcs . . . from memory it'd be the apple-i keys) this should give you the file size of the image. To be honest you need to make it as large as poss. because until I resize it I can't tell. I'm sure that those more up to date with the technology will give a clearer answer but that's how I always do it!

dandysmom
20-10-2008, 08:19 PM
Eileen, you would need to set you camera to high/large resolution. Most allow for different resolutions (sizes) of image.

It's only when you download the picture and check its properties (or in the case of MAcs . . . from memory it'd be the apple-i keys) this should give you the file size of the image. To be honest you need to make it as large as poss. because until I resize it I can't tell. I'm sure that those more up to date with the technology will give a clearer answer but that's how I always do it!

:shock: Haven't a clue how to do that, or even if it can be done. In Photobucket I use the 320 X whatever, instead of the 640 X whatever. May have to sit this one out .... but thanks!!

angieh
20-10-2008, 08:24 PM
Help out a techno-handicapped person here: how would I find out what dpi my camera takes? Its a Nixon Coolpix L 2.

And I like Yola's idea of themed to the season and a poll to pick the best three.....

Yes, that would be a great way to do it!

:shock: Haven't a clue how to do that, or even if it can be done. In Photobucket I use the 320 X whatever, instead of the 640 X whatever. May have to sit this one out .... but thanks!!

I'm sure we can help you out with this Eileen. Don't want you to sit it out at all!!!! In fact, I'm not sure that my photos are adequate, so I'll need to check mine out too.

calismum
20-10-2008, 09:21 PM
what a super idea - share DM's queries re photo sizes but sure we'll figure out simple instructions.

I like the CP charity idea too.

Only problem I have is I won't do any finance stuff on-line! (might be able to talk my sis into helping me out!!!)

CM