PDA

View Full Version : Firework night

Kazz
19-10-2008, 05:51 PM
Anyone had any fireworks by them yet and has anyone used the CD (treatment) that plays firework noises to their cats through the year or are your cats fine with them?

Moli
19-10-2008, 06:12 PM
We have had some, I have to give Gypsy tablets from now till well after the 5th!!!

calismum
19-10-2008, 06:27 PM
Alfie ignores them, although where we are is pretty quiet and really only for the night itself and maybe an organised thing at a weekend which is quite a bit away.

Don't know how Kinsi will be.

Cali hates them and usually tries to get underneath me (bit hard for a full grown Golden!!)

Hope all you folks who get them for week or more manage to keep your cats safe and sane. I really wish these things were banned. They cause untold misery to so many animals each year.

Mags
19-10-2008, 07:02 PM
I haven't heard any round here yet :?

meep
19-10-2008, 07:14 PM
I'm not sure how my two will react, it's the first fireworks night I'll have had them. We've already had some nearby mini fireworks display (well when I say mini, they still went on for 10 mins and sounded like gun fire!) Very nearby actually. They sat up alert and looked curious, but not scared.

I think it's the Catherine Wheels, or any that make a high pitched wheeee noise that freak them out, it must hurt their ears :(

Elvisisboss
19-10-2008, 07:33 PM
already started here!!

Elvis couldn't care less and he goes out and watches them!

Taylor heard them today i purposely turned the TV down so he could get used to the noise. He meowed then jumped up at the window, i ignored him and he watched them then got bored!!

i always just ignore any noise and never looks as thought I'm worried or anything, seems to have worked so far!

not used the Cd's though, but heard some good & bad reviews on them!

angieh
19-10-2008, 08:25 PM
Merlin is a bit on the deaf side nowadays and doesn't seem to react. We do have fireworks going off for about two weeks - big displays not all that far away, but far away for us just to be able to see the rockets. A few local families have small displays for the children, but so far nothing too alarming for Merlin.

yola
19-10-2008, 08:26 PM
Fifi and Balie are fairly immune . . . it doesn't seem to bother them. Balie used to get scared when he was younger. I'm not sure what Myshka'll be like. He's not scared of very much so I presume he'll be OK.

We've had the odd pop going off, but nothing much. To be honest, I'm more concerned about the boys waking up and being frightened; the cats'll be fine :) !