PDA

View Full Version : How does your cat greet you in the morning?

Elvisisboss
12-10-2008, 08:25 PM
if Taylor is in the lounge/kitchen (open plan) i open the door and he runs up to me or meows try to jump on me from his house!! then he goes mad for ages purring, round my legs, i then have to give him lots of attention and he purrs jumps down to eat........purrs.....eats..........purrs......eats !!! then his had enough!

If the lounge dorr is open and i get up and go to the loo (dont picture it haha! :lol: :-P ) i leave the door open and i see his head poke out around the lounge door and he watches me......then i whistle and he comes running up meowing and saying hello all round my legs!

then hell follow me into the lounge and demand attention... eat........purrs.....eats..........purrs......eats !!! then his had enough! :cat21

CathyW
12-10-2008, 08:29 PM
ronnie wakes me up between 5 n 6 so i let him out. and go back to bed LOL by 8 the reggi-o-clock is purring loudly at me so its time to get up. and he wont leave me alone untill hes been fed.
ronnies throws himself all around the floor doing the dying with hunger act LOL
then add a dog !!!!!

Hreow
12-10-2008, 08:31 PM
I get a purry, long, snuggly hug every morning from when the alarm-clock clears it's throat until I decide to get up.

I wouldn't trade it for the world.

cats' staff
12-10-2008, 08:47 PM
I get fishy breath and a VERY HARD STARE from Smudge, toe chewing from Cleo and Tolly just waits. They then all compete to trip me up on the stairs with Smudge stopping to claw the stair carpet several times.

calismum
12-10-2008, 10:11 PM
Alfie just waits until we are awake then he comes and lies on your chest staring at you. If you don't get up he usually just goes for a nap and tries again later.

Kinsi is probably a bit young to have a routine for greeting us. Just now it depends on how much she has bounced about during the night, sometimes she head butts us until one gives up and either feeds her or lets her under the duvet for a cuddle. If she's tired she snuggles in, if not then she can be verrrrrry annoying until she gets fed.

CM

kado
12-10-2008, 10:23 PM
Simon is the realy the only one of ours that greets me. He meows and promptly dive bombs my knee and will not get off for anything not even when Guinness sits on at the same time. The only trouble with that is they weigh about 16kgs between them so i get squashed. All the cats that i look after usualy purr then roll on there backs for me to tickle there bellys usually at the same time.

jane

Moli
12-10-2008, 10:25 PM
Chancer is the only one who greets me, and thats just a quick purr, can I go out now please....The others just look as if to say, oh!! its you is it, fill up our food bowls ....!!

yola
13-10-2008, 09:41 AM
Fifi and Balie ignore me. Fifi's currently sleeping outside our bedroom door . . . she moves periodically from one stair or landing to another, but won't move for her chosen spot for days on end!

Balie usually just sleeps in the table in our bedroom, occaisonally jumping down onto the floor when he wants to launch a furball.

Myshka's a nocturnal roamer but to wake me up every morning he'll launch himself onto my chest before draping himself across me and starting to snore :-D

Rosie
13-10-2008, 10:05 AM
I get fishy breath and a VERY HARD STARE from Smudge, toe chewing from Cleo and Tolly just waits. They then all compete to trip me up on the stairs with Smudge stopping to claw the stair carpet several times

I think you have got two of my cats!! I get the hard stares, carpet clawing oh and Alfie lies on the top stair so that Rosie can't pass him when we go down to breakfast.

Donna
13-10-2008, 10:23 AM
Misty jumps on me every morning in bed and shoves her face into mine.... and then demands attention!

Chloe just gives me a snooty glare from wherever she is, as if to say... enough laying down... get breakfast!!

meep
13-10-2008, 11:29 AM
Oh to have cats that ignore me! Bliss!

Darcy and Minsky have a variety of tactics to get us up. They used to try and wake us at 5am but they've both learnt that we get up after the alarm, and ONLY after the alarm so now once it goes off, they start their antics. Minsky will walk up the bed and sit on my pillow purring, and occasionaly touch his wee kitty nose to mine and sniff.

Darcy will jump on the window sill and try and get behind the blind, as a result knocking off anything on the windowsill. And if it's Darcy on my pillow instead of Minksy (as it was this morning) he'll 9 times out of 10 'eat' my hair, by grabbing some of it in his mouth always at the root and pull!

Then when we're up they both run ahead of us to their food bowls, but whilst looking behind at us so they zig zag all the way there, and often knock into the wall. Then they eat their breakfast, lick their paws and faces, then Darcy always goes for a nap at the top of the wardrobe and Minsky meows and meows to be played with.

They both look so despondent when we head off to work, and I often walk away from a front door that is rattling with a cat scratching against it, and pitiful meows from inside.

Misnky also likes to try and get in when I'm in the bathroom :roll: No peace for the wicked eh!

fancyabrew
13-10-2008, 12:25 PM
Depends, 8/10 Chole is asleep next to me, so I might get woken up at some ungodly hour with a paw in my face or a tap on my head, this usually indicates that instead of sleeping on the bed she wants to get under the covers. If she’s down stairs I usually get mugged by her once I reach the foot of the stairs. She'll then follow me around the house, including bathroom, until she gets fed

Last night was a bit different woken about 1:30am with the cat shrieking at something that either came in through her cat flap or attempted too or was just outside.

dandysmom
13-10-2008, 04:58 PM
I'm so lucky to have a laid-back cat! Leia sleeps with me; she watches while I dress, do hair and makeup, then hops off the bed when I say "breakfast!" and dashed down the stairs ahead of me......

Elaine
13-10-2008, 06:32 PM
Eva jumps on my bladder at 7.15 every morning just to make sure I have to get up while Bernie lies at the foot of the bed giggling to himself.:lol:

yola
13-10-2008, 08:06 PM
LOL Elaine!! Ferdy, by big, black heffer-cat used to do the bladder dance :shock: Why is it the bigger they are the more they feel the need to do this??? :?

Elaine
13-10-2008, 08:08 PM
LOL Elaine!! Ferdy, by big, black heffer-cat used to do the bladder dance :shock: Why is it the bigger they are the more they feel the need to do this??? :?

Because the bigger they are, the harder the jump, therefore the more urgent it is for you to get up before you wet the bed:lol: Once up the cat usually gets fed after a quick vist to the loo.:lol:

dandysmom
13-10-2008, 08:14 PM
Ouch! :shock: That bladder-jumping trick makes be doubly grateful that my hefty girl doesn't do that! :-D

Elaine
13-10-2008, 08:19 PM
Ouch! :shock: That bladder-jumping trick makes be doubly grateful that my hefty girl doesn't do that! :-D

Its the only time you will ever see me get out of bed like a flash:lol: :lol: :lol:

calismum
13-10-2008, 09:16 PM
I just want to know how they know exactly where hat spot is!!!

CM

meep
14-10-2008, 11:28 AM
:lol: Can't help but laugh at the bladder dance. Minsky has perfected this too, and he's a few pounds heavier than Darcy. 6 Kilos on your bladder first thing in the morning is not what you need!

Darcy however has worked out that standing on my chest (you know how tender the buds can be!) is sure to wake me up in an instant. Cruel cat!

DM - you are so lucky to have a laid back cat! Let's swap for a week ;) I'd gladly have Leia casually watching me hurr about in the morning and then only come for breakfast when called!

angieh
14-10-2008, 02:06 PM
I have laughed at this thread! Merlin, being a cat of advanced age and having learned to be a patient boy during those years, sleeps with us at night. Sometimes he curls up on his blanket at the foot of the bed but sometimes I can wake up in the night with him stretched out along my body. Last night for example, his butt was under my armpit and his head and front legs were stretched out by my knees (OK, I am quite short and I did have my knees bent!). He was "draped" a bit like a leopard and I was the branch.

OH usually gets up first, whisks off to the loo and then comes back to get dressed. By then Merlin is sitting up by the side of OH and interferes with him putting his socks on - well OH teases him with the socks! Then OH will go off into the kitchen to put the kettle on and Merlin follows for first breakfast. If, on the odd occasion I have to get up first, Merlin waits on the bed until OH gets up, or until I come back and tell him to come for his breakfast!

(By the way - he seems quite well atm. I am taking him back to the vet tomorrow to discuss the finer points of his blood test - sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread!)

dandysmom
14-10-2008, 04:31 PM
:lol: Can't help but laugh at the bladder dance. Minsky has perfected this too, and he's a few pounds heavier than Darcy. 6 Kilos on your bladder first thing in the morning is not what you need!

Darcy however has worked out that standing on my chest (you know how tender the buds can be!) is sure to wake me up in an instant. Cruel cat!

DM - you are so lucky to have a laid back cat! Let's swap for a week ;) I'd gladly have Leia casually watching me hurr about in the morning and then only come for breakfast when called!

I am very grateful that she's laid back! Dandy was horrible trying to get me up...he was a poker! Would poke and poke and poke me repeatedly with his paw, I'd push him off the bed and he was back in a flash poking until I gave in and got up! Thank God he outgrew it finally!!! :roll: :-D

I'd love to have the boys; but think I'm a bit long in the tooth for two such lively high energy fellows! :-D

meep
14-10-2008, 04:36 PM
I'm hoping my two grow out of the pestering stage in the morning too. Although it is lovely to see them so attentive!

Even I struggle sometimes to match their energy. Minsky last night managed to dribble his ball from the kitchen, through to the hall, along the hall and back into the kitchen after I threw it for him and once it was back in the kitchen he yowled loudly for me to throw it again! :roll:

dandysmom
14-10-2008, 04:38 PM
I love your stories about the boys...two characters!

PoshPuss
14-10-2008, 06:41 PM
Posh has the advantage over the slower, arthritic old sheepdog Bron, but the early morning kitchen dash is a keen contest :D. Posh gets picked up and plonked down on her food table while the old lady goes outside for her morning wee. Then we have a little chat about why she can't go outside and why she has to have breakfast now because I'm in a rush to go to work to keep her in chicken and tuna. We let Bron in again and give her her medicines, as Posh looks on in distain. Stuck up puss! :lol: Couldn't live without her though!

meep
14-10-2008, 07:43 PM
The best thing about cats in the morning is that they are often so eager and intense (even in a laid-back Leia way ;) ) and happy to see you. I know it's probably 90% because of food, but it is nice to feel needed and like you're making someone happy first thing every morning!

Phoenix
14-10-2008, 07:44 PM
Beauty wakes me up but starting to push her head against me in a "bunting" way (like cats do when they are leaving their scent on you) then she'll go and sit by the fridge giving me her starving hungry look when I follow her down, bless her! :-D :-P