PDA

View Full Version : cass a new dilema

niki71uk
11-10-2008, 04:21 PM
now cass has had her op,she'll be able to go out soon,prob not for another 6 mnths tho,as i feel she is still too small

she is nearly 7 mnths old now and still wary of people she doesnt know

i have no garden,but i live in a relatively quiet area,but also near to a main road,how do i ensure her safety and rely she'll come back

when my 14 nearly 15yr old cat was small i lived in a place with an enclosed garden facing the back,so i wasnt really worried about him

now i dont have that !!!!

angieh
11-10-2008, 06:40 PM
Niki - I have to say that there really is no way that you can ensure that Cass will come back once she is let out. That's hard, but it's true. Quite apart from the main road you mentioned, there are all sorts of other perils out there for cats - dogs and nasty people too.

The only way that you can make sure she will be there when you come home is to make her an indoors only cat. This is not as cruel as it sounds and there are lots of people here on Catsey that keep their cats indoors only. There are all sorts of strategies to adopt to keep her happy and interested such as cat trees near a window (don't forget safety catches so she can't get out by accident).

If you decide that's the way to go, I am sure there is lots of advice here on how to make the best life possible for your cat. It's really good that you are thinking about this now before she has gone out.

niki71uk
11-10-2008, 06:49 PM
the older cats fine as i said,he comes back no probs,its just she is scatty,she'd been out at my dads in the summer,but even i had problems getting hold of her to bring her back in

wont it be cruel keeping her in,as she sees the other cat going out