PDA

View Full Version : for those of you with Cats & Dogs - how do you sort out feeding time?

Elvisisboss
11-10-2008, 04:32 AM
just planning ahead really & wondered what everyone else does! thanks! :)

( mod feel free to move this, wasnt sure what section to put it in! :) )

CathyW
11-10-2008, 05:16 PM
its quite easy for us as we are in a bungalow. i feed the dog in the kitchen (he also sleeps in there. and the boys have a litter tray 1 side of the bathroom.and under the sink i have their feeding stuff, stops ben from stealing their food. but dont stop reggie from going in the kitchen and trying to steal the dogs food, and during the day they all drink out the dogs bowl.

Moli
11-10-2008, 05:33 PM
I feed the cats on the worktop in the utilityroom, and the dogs on the floor....

niki71uk
11-10-2008, 06:37 PM
i have a gate at the kitchen door so i can feed the cats in there n the dog in the hall

Kim
11-10-2008, 10:04 PM
The dogs get fed twice a day on their raised feeder. As I have 4 cats they are fed on demand, I just have to make sure the dogs don't steal their food. When I'm out I leave dry food on the worksurface, but they can't all jump up there. :( so have to wait until I'm home.

Elaine
11-10-2008, 10:06 PM
The cats have their own feeding space and i just throw dinner at the dog, sorry Graham:lol: :lol: :lol:

calismum
11-10-2008, 11:21 PM
Alfie gets fed on a shelf in the utility (Kinsi will also get fed there when she's big enough to make it up there). Both cats have water and dried food out all the time. They get wet food twice a day. do have to try and make sure Cali doesn't steal while Kinsi gets fed on floor but that will resolve itself over time.

Cali gets fed 8am and 8pm. The cats don't try to steal.

Elvisisboss
12-10-2008, 12:09 AM
my cat has unlimited water & biccis so he has them when he wants basically.

we are carpeting the new lounge BUT i wanted to keep him in there when i go to bed as his stil a kitten hell be running round if i dont! but then that means his litter tray needs to be in the lounge? unless i move it around from the kitchen in the day to lounge during the night?

dog food will have to be in the lounge aswell for water unless i baby gate the stairs, but then they can both get out of the lounge ARGHHHHHHH!!!

who have thought thisll be so flippin complitcated!

calismum
12-10-2008, 12:22 PM
I have 3 litter trays - just makes life easier. Also don't need to worry if We're all out for a while and one of the trays is dirty.

CM