PDA

View Full Version : Bad news all round!

Phoenix
10-10-2008, 08:21 PM
First piece of bad news: the lady who owns Caring for Cats has broken her foot while on holiday,
:smt009 :smt103
The second piece of bad news is: Caring for Cats are having serious money problems due to the credit crunch. The full story is here: http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk/news/Animal-charity-Caring-Cats-urgently-needs-donations/article-389516-detail/article.html

angieh
10-10-2008, 08:30 PM
That's truly bad news on two fronts RCR. Poor lady!

Phoenix
10-10-2008, 08:33 PM
That's truly bad news on two fronts RCR. Poor lady!

I know! :( It means she can't come in to help out for a while! :(

kado
11-10-2008, 04:51 PM
I also saw this in the paper as well. I hope the owner gets better shortly.
PM rescuecatsrule as i live in hull.

Phoenix
11-10-2008, 07:50 PM
I also saw this in the paper as well. I hope the owner gets better shortly.
PM rescuecatsrule as i live in hull.

I've PM'd you kado.

We've got even more terrible news, Poppet (an elderly girl) has started limping in the past few days! :cry: She needs vibes and thoughts for her leg (it's her front left leg she's limping on)

I don't know if the vet's seen her, the volunteer I was working with today didn't know! :cry:

dandysmom
11-10-2008, 07:59 PM
Oh, that is sad news! And poor Poppet, hope it's just a little strain and nothing serious. The credit crunch is hurting many many people and businesses,,,,,very sad.

Phoenix
11-10-2008, 08:02 PM
Oh, that is sad news! And poor Poppet, hope it's just a little strain and nothing serious. The credit crunch is hurting many many people and businesses,,,,,very sad.

We don't know, but I hope so! Once she's picked up (the other volunteer picked her up and gently felt her leg, she wasn't objecting to it being touched, which she would if it was hurting her much)

Phoenix
12-10-2008, 08:20 PM
Poppet update: So far the vet hasn't seen her, but because the charity's having such trouble financially they can't take her to the vet unless it's serious :(

dandysmom
12-10-2008, 09:00 PM
What a shame the vet won't do a pro bono for such a worthy organization....suppose he/she has financial problems also.....

HappyKatz
13-10-2008, 01:52 PM
Thats not good at all :( I really hope that they can stay open, they help so many wonderful cats. I also hope that the owners foot heals quickly...*crossing fingers & paws*

Phoenix
13-10-2008, 07:30 PM
Thats not good at all :( I really hope that they can stay open, they help so many wonderful cats. I also hope that the owners foot heals quickly...*crossing fingers & paws*

I hope so too :(

Phoenix
17-10-2008, 08:38 PM
Poppet's still limping ... we are hoping it's arthritis caused by being cooped up in a cage! :(

dandysmom
17-10-2008, 09:26 PM
What a shame there are no funds presently for a vet visit; arthritis can be helped with glucosamine! Of course it might be a slight sprain also ..... poor Poppet!

Phoenix
18-10-2008, 06:31 PM
What a shame there are no funds presently for a vet visit; arthritis can be helped with glucosamine! Of course it might be a slight sprain also ..... poor Poppet!

I know! :( The sooner someone takes her home the better! :(