PDA

View Full Version : cats and dogs

niki71uk
10-10-2008, 04:22 PM
does anyone know if a cats behaviour change after getting spayed/neutered is the same as a dogs???? and if so,how long does it take, in a dog i was told it takes from 6 wks to 6 mnths.it took my dog bout 2 mnths

anno its earlier days as my kitten was only spayed a few days ago,i was just wondering:roll:

PoshPuss
10-10-2008, 06:09 PM
Both my dog and cat never changed their behaviour much after spaying. Not that I had any problems before. Posh did settle down and stop crying out to be mated but that was a good thing coz as she came to us as a stray and we didn't know her fertility status (we didn't know much about anthing cat-wise!) We were relieved that that could be solved. :)
Bron (our dog) was spayed at 6 months and she continues to have a patient wonderful nature.

Moli
10-10-2008, 06:16 PM
My cats did change quite a bit, they seemed to settle down and became a lot more calm...Cannot say I really noticed any difference in the dogs though....

jemce
28-11-2008, 09:25 AM
I also have a cat & also a dog.I also want to say like Posh Puss that my dog and cat both never changed their behavior much after spaying.Not that I had any problems before.

yola
28-11-2008, 10:08 AM
My 2 persians didn't change much because they were quite young when the ops were done, they were quite sedate anyway and happy to play indoors. However big old Ferdy my ex-stray did a complete 180 degree turnaround . . . from a fighting, spraying, marauding old tom to a lovely, cute (if heavy and smelly) lap cat who wasn't really interested in going out any more.