PDA

View Full Version : So Sad this Evening

Donna
09-10-2008, 06:26 PM
Dont know if any of you will remember this story:

http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=27756

Well this poor kitty has today given birth to another litter... this time she has had a lot of trouble and has been bleeding and a kitten got stuck.... I believe they had to open her up at the vets to get the kitten out....

My daughter is very upset and has told her father and his partner that if Molly dies it will all be their fault and is constantly urging them to get her spayed... I heard her asking if whilst Molly was at the vets did she get fixed...

I hope that they will get her spayed whilst at the vets and not put this poor girl through any more.

I am so sad tonight... I wish I had stolen her and saved her from this miserable life she is leading. :(

Moli
09-10-2008, 06:28 PM
Poor little girl, will they listen and get her spayed???

Donna
09-10-2008, 06:34 PM
If I say anything they will laugh in my face and do the opposite just to annoy me. I am having to leave this to my 14 year old daughter who has more brain cells than the two idiots put together... she has asked and asked for her to be spayed... I am hoping the vets would advise it too whilst she is in their care ... they couldnt be bothered to spend £60 on a spay but surely all this vet care is gonna cost more in the long run?

Oh I feel so sad for this poor little cat.

Mags
09-10-2008, 06:36 PM
Poor Molly, I hope the vet spayed her there and then to save her going through this trauma again:(

Some people will never learn Donna, I hope they took on board what your daughter said..........good of her to speak up like that.

Have you heard how she is.....and the kittens?

Donna
09-10-2008, 06:37 PM
I think there are three kittens.. but I dont know how mother or kittens are doing or what is going on. I am aware that the more questions Emma asks, the more they know I am concerned so they will give her minimal details so I am on edge about it all.

Elaine
09-10-2008, 06:39 PM
Poor kitty xxx

Moli
09-10-2008, 06:41 PM
Its just a pity she can't just disappear!!!

Donna
09-10-2008, 07:10 PM
Yes I am kicking myself for not letting that happen before.. but I am too honest...

I have been told by my daughter that all kittens and Molly are home.... I have told my daughter to investigate further re: spaying... I have told her what to look for on a spayed cat as my daughter also believes her father has lied to her.

Its just so sad.

PoshPuss
09-10-2008, 07:16 PM
Donna what an awful dilemma for you and your daughter :(
It must make you so angry, :mad: but I hope your daughter will shame them into action ASAP...:oops: ... stupid people!
If not, maybe the vet will, after all he/she must have the same opinion.

yola
09-10-2008, 07:22 PM
Shocking. It was only a matter of time before something went wrong. They sound like very selfish, immature and (sorry) downright nasty people. And all this is very unfair on Emma.

angieh
09-10-2008, 07:59 PM
Apart from pitying the poor cat and her kittens, I do feel very sorry for your daughter who is young to be in the middle of this. I don't think there is a straightforward answer sadly.

Donna
09-10-2008, 08:00 PM
My son was telling me that there was blood all over the house this morning when he got up and Molly was gone (they had obviously taken her to vet)... I cant imagine what she went through in the night before anyone found her this morning... they certainly wouldnt of got up in the night to tend to her.

I will update you all if I hear anything further.

Donna
09-10-2008, 08:00 PM
Apart from pitying the poor cat and her kittens, I do feel very sorry for your daughter who is young to be in the middle of this. I don't think there is a straightforward answer sadly.

I agree, but that has been my children's lives for the last six years I am afraid. But that is another story all together.

Kazz
09-10-2008, 08:10 PM
Your daughter sounds like sh has her mothers common sense and level headedness and kind heart for animals too.

Its a shame these things happen....poor cat and kittens,

Elvisisboss
09-10-2008, 09:39 PM
hiya i dont even know what to say i really dont :(

she only had kittens 5 months ago :(

just poor excuse for human beings :(

tell you what when they go out and the kittens have been homed cant your daughter pack her up...........and bring her to you???

im in Essex your only in kent im moving soon so i could help out if you need me!!! anything to help her out :( even get her spayed secretly? and send her back there!!!

Moli
09-10-2008, 11:09 PM
Just a though Donna, would they get a voucher from the CP for neutering her??? more to the point, would they use it???

Donna
10-10-2008, 09:11 AM
I dont think up to now they would of used it as they were going down the line of "its her right to be a mother" blah blah...

I have found out she needed an operation to put all her insides back in.... so I am pretty much convinced a vet would not let her leave without a spay as the vet could see how dangerous it would be for her to get pregnant again surely?

Moli
10-10-2008, 09:51 AM
Hope you are right Donna, poor little girl cannot go through that again, but would they need their permission to spay her???

Donna
10-10-2008, 10:05 AM
I cant believe they would not of agreed to a spay after seeing her in a terrible state yesterday....

Moli
10-10-2008, 01:15 PM
Unfortunately there are people who do not give a dam......and are not prepared to do what is right by an animal....:evil:

Donna
10-10-2008, 02:18 PM
Yes fully aware of that sad fact... I will just have to wait and see... see if my daughter can do some digging when she is over there to find out what the up to date info is on this poor Kitty...

Another thought crossed my mind.. they did keep one of her first litter - a boy - could he have got her pregnant? He would be about five months old.

alexgirl73
10-10-2008, 04:23 PM
Words fail me Donna. I so feel for you and your daughter, as well of course, for the poor wee cat. Let's hope this means no more for her.

Donna
15-10-2008, 11:43 AM
Quick update on this - at first Molly hardly moved and Emma was really worried about her.. but she is now moving around and seems ok.. the babies are all doing ok too.

Emma has spotted an area on her tummy that looks like it has been shaved and stitched... I am hoping that is a spay scar.

Mags
15-10-2008, 11:49 AM
It's good to hear Molly appears to be ok now.....and the kittens.

Let's hope that is a spay scar that Emma saw, poor Molly doesn't deserve going through that again..:(

Thanks for the update Donna..:D

Donna
15-10-2008, 11:51 AM
Emma's father has told her she can have one kitten to live here... but I am thinking this will not be a good idea with two cats already living here and only tolerating each other...

alexgirl73
15-10-2008, 02:38 PM
Dont you just love how Emmas dad tells her that without asking you!!! Hopefully your daughter is sensible enough (and it very much sounds like she is) to realise this would not be a good idea.

Donna
15-10-2008, 02:47 PM
Yes she knows we are at our limit with six pets! They outnumber the humans 2-1 !!

This is typical of him just telling her she can have one here... he does things like this constantly.

I just hope the kittens find a better home than where they started out in life....

dandysmom
15-10-2008, 04:54 PM
That's a heartbreaking story. D do hope and pray she was spayed...poor wee girl, what an unhappy life.....

Kazz
15-10-2008, 06:06 PM
Hope all works out well for them all.