PDA

View Full Version : Darcy's Hug

meep
09-10-2008, 09:43 AM
Just wanted to share with you all a wee thing about Darcy that almost made my heart melt last night.

As you may know, he adores to be picked up and held. He'll yowl for it, and once he's picked up he'll push the back of his head into yours to say 'thank you' then hold on with his paws, and purr really loudly, whilst 'kneading' his claws into you, and occasionally falls asleep.

Normally it's just me that picks him up, and occasionally OH. Last night OH picked him up (he loves it when he does as he has bigger arms and is cosier!) and I came over to give him and OH a kiss, and he reached out with his paw and held onto my shoulder with one paw, onto OH with the other and rested his head on my shoulder, whilst OH held him, closed his eyes and let out the biggest sigh/purr ever, a big sigh whilst going "PRRRRRR" then continued to purr with a look of sheer bliss on his face.

He just loves attention, and he loves it when OH and I are both hugging or holding him together. Last night it was like he was hugging us both, and was loving all the love :) We didn't want to disturb him but dinner was cooking so I had to unhook his paw from my jumper and get back to dinner.

Bless him, I do love him and his wee habits so!

yola
09-10-2008, 11:10 AM
That's just lovely; Darcy a really little snuggle bum isn't he.

Here, Fifi won't be cuddled which is a shame as she's a real little doll. Balie will curl up in my lap . . . whe HE wants to, but Myshka's there the minute I lie down. On my chest, with his nose against my chin and his little paws either side of my neck. He's a real cuddle-bug . . . it's it adorable when a little animal feels so comfortable with us huge humans to be so affectionate (or maybe he's just cold . . . ) :shock:

angieh
09-10-2008, 02:56 PM
That's just so lovely meep! Wish I could have a warm hug from Darcy too - I'm sending him a virtual one anyway! What a wonderful boy.

Elaine
09-10-2008, 04:21 PM
What a little sweetie pie. A lovely tale to tell, one that I could picture in my mind and smile, bless that wee poppet xxx:D

meep
09-10-2008, 04:47 PM
Thanks Yola, Angie and Elaine :) It really was so lovely, and he was properly holding onto both of us, with his front paws pulled in different directions, by hooking his claws into our jumpers. I'm looking forward to another Darcy hug when I get home tonight :D

meep
09-10-2008, 04:49 PM
That's just lovely; Darcy a really little snuggle bum isn't he.

Here, Fifi won't be cuddled which is a shame as she's a real little doll. Balie will curl up in my lap . . . whe HE wants to, but Myshka's there the minute I lie down. On my chest, with his nose against my chin and his little paws either side of my neck. He's a real cuddle-bug . . . it's it adorable when a little animal feels so comfortable with us huge humans to be so affectionate (or maybe he's just cold . . . ) :shock:

Minsky doesn't like being held much. If you pick him up his front legs will stick out akwardly, unlike Darcy who holds on, and he'll just pull a look of disgust. But Minsky has gotten into the habit of sitting across OH's and my lap every evening whilst we're watching tv. Last night he jumped up onto the arm of a sofa and made a little "mrrp" noise, as if it had become a routine, bless! He's so big he does need to lie across both our laps and a pillow :lol: Yet Darcy isn't a lap cat at all. He's only once thrown himself on top of me and fallen asleep when I was having a snooze on the couch one afternoon. But Minsky's becoming a regular lap cat :D

Elaine
09-10-2008, 04:49 PM
Thanks Yola, Angie and Elaine :) It really was so lovely, and he was properly holding onto both of us, with his front paws pulled in different directions, by hooking his claws into our jumpers. I'm looking forward to another Darcy hug when I get home tonight :D

Oh stop it, you are making me jealous, I want a cuddly cat like that.

calismum
09-10-2008, 08:12 PM
Sounds lovely. Alfie and Kinsi are both cuddly. My last cat before them, Misty would have died rather than lower herself to be seen giving a human a cuddle!!

Hope you get your cuddle from him tonight.

CM

Moli
09-10-2008, 10:36 PM
He sounds a lovely boy.....the only real cuddlebug I have is Chancer....

meep
10-10-2008, 09:09 AM
All the other cats I've had have hated being picked up and have never been lap cats, so this is quite a novelty for me! Last night, for the first time in months, Darcy woke me up in the middle of the night and then fell asleep on my chest using my hand as a pillow, bless him.

He loves being held so much that if you go to put him down on a table, as you lean forward he just keeps clinging on and hugging into you, and looks at the table as if to say "what do you want me to do about it?" so he won't get down until he's ready :lol:

PoshPuss
10-10-2008, 09:35 AM
Oh there's lovely, Meep.
Posh gives out affection very much on her terms.Her dad gets to have her on his lap (only if he's wearing jeans) I get a close up cuddle next to me on the couch but would never snuggle up on me :shock: I pick her up for a 'cwtch' as we say here, a full arm wrap and baby hold :-D which she just about tolerates but I can see from her face is very much against the grain. She doesn't even have to try tho does she :) little monster; we fall at her royal feet if she so much as mews! :lol:

meep
10-10-2008, 03:30 PM
Oh there's lovely, Meep.
Posh gives out affection very much on her terms.Her dad gets to have her on his lap (only if he's wearing jeans) I get a close up cuddle next to me on the couch but would never snuggle up on me :shock: I pick her up for a 'cwtch' as we say here, a full arm wrap and baby hold :-D which she just about tolerates but I can see from her face is very much against the grain. She doesn't even have to try tho does she :) little monster; we fall at her royal feet if she so much as mews! :lol:

That's so funny about the 'jeans' thing! Minsky will only lie on our laps if we've got a blanket on top, obviously fleece is much comfier than lumpy human legs : lol:

And I know what you mean, if Minsky meows in the other room in his heart-breaking meow of his (sounds like he's in pain every single time, and he's not!) i'll drop everything and go through to make sure he's ok. Normally he's just sitting at the window meowing at birds or an insect outside!