PDA

View Full Version : Really Angry....

Moli
08-10-2008, 08:08 PM
Leo had his monthly jab today, he can be a bit hissy and spitty sometimes, but if the nurse is calm and confident usually not bad...Today it was another nurse who did it, she literally scruffed him as tight as she could, he of course went mad and promptly bit me!!I said to her there is no need to scruff him like that, that she had frightened him, but all she could say was I do not want him biting me!!Stupid woman....The other two nurses have never had ant real problem with him apart from a hiss or spit after they jab him......
Poor baby, I gave him a huge cuddle afterwards, and told him I would not let the nasty lady hurt him again, she just looked at me!!:roll: :lol: Thats one nurse who will not get near any of my animals again...:evil:

Emmaandhercats
08-10-2008, 08:39 PM
Ha, good for you. Silly woman. One is born every minute ay!?:evil:
I remember when my son had to have his first injections, the evil nurse actually LAUGHED when my son cried...CAN YOU BELIEVE IT. I went mad. So i know where you are coming from with the frustration of some 'so called' professionals!
Emma x

Moli
08-10-2008, 08:42 PM
Think she was scared of Leo...if thats the case she should not be treating animals, thats enough to stress them out!!!

HappyKatz
08-10-2008, 08:45 PM
For working with animals, that woman sure didn't know how to properly handle a cat...cats are stressed enough as it is at the vets. That wasn't very professional.

yola
08-10-2008, 08:46 PM
Pat, if it were me, I'd raise it as a formal complaint with the practice. If she has such a fear of animals she shouldn't be working around them.

Moli
08-10-2008, 08:48 PM
Pat, if it were me, I'd raise it as a formal complaint with the practice. If she has such a fear of animals she shouldn't be working around them.Think thats a good idea Yola, Carole my vet and I have been friends for years, think I will have a word with her.....
Just coukd not believe the way she acted....:evil:

Elaine
08-10-2008, 09:08 PM
You see Pat, its that kind of treatment that has made Eva behave so aggressively at the vets.
Poor Leo xxx

angieh
08-10-2008, 09:49 PM
Yes poor poor Leo! You are right to be angry Moli - that sort of behaviour is not professional at all. That nurse should not be allowed to give vaccinations unsupervised if she is perhaps inexperienced in how to handle cats.

Sorry, just read "monthly jab" - that's even worse if he has to go so regularly.

calismum
08-10-2008, 09:54 PM
Kinsi was at vet tonight for her final jabs. Vet played a bit with her and then gave her the jab - she never even felt it.

Why can't people who work with animals be a bit more considerate? I'd make a pont of talking to the vet about this. It could end up losing the practice business.

Poor wee soul - hope next month is better experience.

CM

Moli
08-10-2008, 09:56 PM
Kinsi was at vet tonight for her final jabs. Vet played a bit with her and then gave her the jab - she never even felt it.

Why can't people who work with animals be a bit more considerate? I'd make a pont of talking to the vet about this. It could end up losing the practice business.

Poor wee soul - hope next month is better experience.

CM
It will be CM, I have said I want my usual vet nurse next month...;)

calismum
08-10-2008, 10:00 PM
It will be CM, I have said I want my usual vet nurse next month...;)

Good - it's traumatic enough.

farthing
08-10-2008, 11:18 PM
I have to say there have been times I've had to scruff a cat to have something done, while working in the vets. We do usually try the hold and see method first, but sometimes there is no option, I do however always ask the owner if they mind. I have only very occasionally had to do it and it has been effective. I think if you do things with confidence, most animals will feed of it and settle, whereas if you are nervous and just grab them it sets them off.

Moli
08-10-2008, 11:20 PM
The other nurses scruff him, but she was down right cruel.....she scruffed him, and sort of twisted her hand, then told him to behave....!!!!None of my boys are used to that kind of treatment, and I certainly will not allow it again.....

farthing
08-10-2008, 11:21 PM
Oh, sorry didn't realise that, that is definately not on!

meep
09-10-2008, 09:37 AM
Oh poor Leo, it makes me so angry and sad for you that your poor boy was hurt and upset like that. I am so protective of my boys, as I'm sure we all are, but to the extent that if OH pushes Darcy off the kitchen worktop I get a bit upset incase it hurt him :roll: I know it doesn't really but I hate to see them in pain or upsetness at all. I probably would have demanded right there and then "what are you doing?! you're hurting him!!" and as Yola said, filed a formal complaint.

I hope Leo's all better now :)

Elaine
09-10-2008, 04:55 PM
I have to say there have been times I've had to scruff a cat to have something done, while working in the vets. We do usually try the hold and see method first, but sometimes there is no option, I do however always ask the owner if they mind. I have only very occasionally had to do it and it has been effective. I think if you do things with confidence, most animals will feed of it and settle, whereas if you are nervous and just grab them it sets them off.

I agree. I cannt remember Eva ever being a problem at the vets as a kitten, then i changed vets for Winstons benefit and Eva became a larger cat with attitude but handled correctly she was fine, handled gingerly and with out confidence and patients she has become a feral in the vets.

Sorry to hijack your thread Pat and I am very pleased you let her know that you were unhappy with how she handled Leo.

Moli
09-10-2008, 05:30 PM
I agree. I cannt remember Eva ever being a problem at the vets as a kitten, then i changed vets for Winstons benefit and Eva became a larger cat with attitude but handled correctly she was fine, handled gingerly and with out confidence and patients she has become a feral in the vets.

Sorry to hijack your thread Pat and I am very pleased you let her know that you were unhappy with how she handled Leo.

One thing thats makes me really mad, is when someone upsets one of my animals Elaine:evil: ;)

alexgirl73
10-10-2008, 04:36 PM
poor Leo, no wonder you got so angry Pat. Hope he got lots of hugs to make up for it.